Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Im making the final arrangements for another traveling bowhunt. This time its to the Limpopo Province of South Africa for a late August/Early Sept. trip for a week of bowhunting several species.

This trip, like most of my my other traveling, adventure bow hunts will be centered around further testing of new bowhunting gear Ive spent a lot of time designing.

I just got back from the 2020 ATA show where a bowhunting accessory I spent nearly 2 years designing was named one of a few named "Best in Show, Breakthrough Innovation" and Im hoping to use this item during all my bow hunts up to and including the African hunt.

Right now, Im focusing on wildebeest, blesbok, impala and warthog but will add additional species once I arrive. In advance of this trip Im planning other traveling hunts to do proof of concept testing on other bowhunting gear. As time allows, I'll keep a journal of the prep and planning and the hunt.

Life is short. Go out and do it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Update!

I visited my bank to do a wire transfer of funds to the African bank used by the outfitter Im bowhunting with. The teller filled out the forms and before she handed it to me to sign, she asked the purpose and reason for me sending this amount of money to an African bank. I thought this was odd since its my money so I asked her why I would need to justify or explain what I do with my money, she told me that the wire transfer needs approval before it can take place.

I told her I got an email from the son of a Nigerian Prince that is going to transfer a large amount of money into my bank account but he needed me to send him several thousand dollars first. Then I laughed and told her Im going on a traveling bow hunt to Africa and Im paying down a portion of the hunt. On the form she wrote "Hunting trip". I signed it and actually had to wait for somebody at the bank to approve the wire transfer.

Next up is meeting with my Travel agent for the airline tickets.

Last edited by sharp_things; 01/14/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
dang your lucky ! you need someone else as an hunting employee i work cheap .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been there twice, SA bowhunting. It is a blast.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dale06
Been there twice, SA bowhunting. It is a blast.

He isn't going to be hunting, he is a known poacher!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What do you reckon they use for bait in Africa, Manioc?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Salt and water brings just about everything in.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

>> WATER - SALT << and its legal to bait ,so i hope Sharp Thing`s does well and post some more great pictures

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pete53

>> WATER - SALT << and its legal to bait ,so i hope Sharp Thing`s does well and post some more great pictures

Yeah well I hope a big ole nasty dagga boy rips into him and throws him hard enough he wish he was dead, but doesn't kill him! Poachers deserve pain not death!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its been a long while since Ie posted here, Ive been busy as hell inventing and bringing to market more bowhunting gear.

Last week Delta Airlines cancelled my flight to South Africa due to the "Rona" . They will be granting a full refund of the $2K. Im able to find another flight for just $963 but after communicating with the Outfitter, the country is still in limbo and clarity will be announced on July 15 when the S.A. Parliament will either open the country or extend the lockdown.

In the meantime all my many traveling adventure bow hunts were canceled during the last few months but I will be targeting some whitetail does in either WI or MI in a couple weeks to test a new bowhunting tool. I found a couple high fence operations that are happy to get rid of some does for this effort. And I get to can some venison. Despite shooting 15 deer last fall, I donated all of them because I had so much meat from my bull elk.

I'll update when I know more.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sharp_things
I found a couple high fence operations that are happy to get rid of some does for this effort.

You'll be right at home there.

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw your training up video getting ready for this hunt. Quite exciting!

I was most impressed with the blind fold technique and memory retention to sling arrows. Well done.

With that said, looking forward to your next instructional video where you’re doing the same, but in your bikini.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SKane
I found a couple high fence operations that are happy to get rid of some does for this effort.

You'll be right at home there.

Yes, The bowhunting product testing I do for the companies I work for takes place on a schedule that works around their product release. This does not always coincide with open seasons and these guys want live animal testing so I go where the live animals are in the time frame that works for the Client. These operation need to reduce does and I want to can some venison so everybody wins. I live in the real world. I will also do real animal testing on all my traveling hunts in and out of the USA.

For the purposes of this specific bowhunting product it will have zero impact on the testing whether the deer are free ranging or captive.

Originally Posted by Beaver10
I saw your training up video getting ready for this hunt. Quite exciting!

I was most impressed with the blind fold technique and memory retention to sling arrows. Well done.

With that said, looking forward to your next instructional video where you’re doing the same, but in your bikini.

😎

I have no idea what you are talking about but if you enjoyed, Im happy for you. Ive not made any training videos. The last video I am even mentioned in comes from the fine young bowhunters of the hunting public and The Ranch Fairy (Troy Fowler) . Last week they teamed up to talk about broadhead sharpening but you would have to follow along with "The Hunting Public" guys on Youtube, Amazon and Roku.

But if you watched a "training" video that you think was done by me, Your were tricked by somebody.

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/05/20.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

But if you watched a "training" video that you think was done by me, Your were tricked by somebody.

Yeah, the market is flooded with counterfeit "Sharp Things" training videos.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Dont know "sharp things" or the video mentioned attributed to me but if he was entertained, Im happy for him. The world will fond out on Wednesday of Africa is opening the country or extending the lockdown or opening to all but folks from the USA.

Im actually leaning towards wanting to move the hunt to 2021 as a recent video (speaking of videos) was put out by The Hunting Public and the Ranch Fairy that has created so much work for me and a huge back log that I think will settle down by 2021 and everybody will have the broadhead sharpeners they are clamoring for.

Oh and a shout out to my Dear Friend Nocturnal II grin

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/13/20.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"I just got back from the 2020 ATA show where a bowhunting accessory I spent nearly 2 years designing was named one of a few named "Best in Show, Breakthrough Innovation" and Im hoping to use this item during all my bow hunts up to and including the African hunt."

That's quite the honor. Which one of these did you design?

Breakthrough Innovation Category:
GOLD: Tactacam System (Stabilizer Mounted Camera, Rear-Facing Camera and FTS), Tactacam, Booth 3713
SILVER: VXR, Mathews Archery Inc., Booth 2029
BRONZE: Ultrarest Integrate MX, Quality Archery Designs, Booth 401

https://archerytrade.org/ata-announces-2020-trade-show-award-winners/#

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, fact-checking is a bitch.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Mr. Bin has sent me messages (more than one) telling me Im coming close to crossing the line into advertising my bowhunting products and the bowhunting products I design for others and he does not want me doing that so as you have noticed I dont specifically mention the brands. I dont specifically name a product or a company or a brand. To name the product and describe it and name it would surely get the attention of Mr. Bin.

Also, I think its clear you have not attended the ATA or know how it works or the innovation area and who and what products ALSO get the accolades I mentioned. I took a few pictures of the product I worked on with the sign placed there by the ATA that says "BEST N SHOW BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION". To post that pic and the other pics I took at the ATA would also include the company, the brand and the product in the same photo. Posting that would invite an unhappy message to me from Mr. Bin. He has even messaged me telling me not to link back to my (not for profit) hunting blog site. I believe the title of his last message warning me against doing that was "LAST TIME"

Sorry.

I laughed. Look at you flexing so hard for nothing. You try you're best. Its cute. haha

Now the whining and complaining and pouting will begin in 3............ 2............. 1. go.

EDIT!! I attempted to send the complainer a pic or 2 from the ATA show including the citation I mention but it says I cant because he is "ignoring" me. (which we clearly know is not actually taking place or he would not be here pouting in such a manner.) laugh

Last edited by sharp_things; 07/23/20.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mr. Bin has sent me messages (more than one) telling me Im coming close to crossing the line into advertising my bowhunting products and the bowhunting products I design for others and he does not want me doing that so as you have noticed I dont specifically mention the brands. I dont specifically name a product or a company or a brand. To name the product and describe it and name it would surely get the attention of Mr. Bin.

Also, I think its clear you have not attended the ATA or know how it works or the innovation area and who and what products ALSO get the accolades I mentioned. I took a few pictures of the product I worked on with the sign placed there by the ATA that says "BEST N SHOW BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION". To post that pic and the other pics I took at the ATA would also include the company, the brand and the product in the same photo. Posting that would invite an unhappy message to me from Mr. Bin.

Sorry.

I laughed. Look at you flexing so hard for nothing. You try you're best. Its cute. haha

Maybe a jowel holder for your ground blind so your world class set stays put when you move around?

Or maybe some scent free spray tan so you can pretend you get a bit of sun at some point while you "hunt"?

Couple of friendly suggestions for next year's show ...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Also, I think its clear you have not attended the ATA or know how it works or the innovation area and who and what products ALSO get the accolades I mentioned. I took a few pictures of the product I worked on with the sign placed there by the ATA that says "BEST N SHOW BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION". To post that pic and the other pics I took at the ATA would also include the company, the brand and the product in the same photo. Posting that would invite an unhappy message to me from Mr. Bin. He has even messaged me telling me not to link back to my (not for profit) hunting blog site. I believe the title of his last message warning me against doing that was "LAST TIME"

Sorry.

PS - Rick wants nothing to do with you or be associated with you in any way cause you're a poaching douche, not because of your product innovations that allow you to kill your tame deer better. FYI....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This response was really worth the wait. I was expecting something less along the lines of "the dog ate my homework, the CIA stole my files, the webmaster won't let me".

If Rick Bin is reading this, I sure would like to know whether the OP has accurately summarized the situation. Cause, to me, if a guy makes a post lauding his products for having won an award, and then claims that he can't provide proof of the award (in the face of third party sources that clearly show others receiving the award) due to a webmaster restriction on promotion, it begs the question of why he was allowed to make the initial post in the first place.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.