Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I been at the hospital all day with my 10 year old daughter. This AM, out of nowhere, her pulse rate started racing - all the way up to 140. Her normal resting rate is around 70. I took her to the ER, and it was like pulling teeth to get her in to see a doctor, which was perplexing since there was virtual no patients in the ER. Of course the MSM would have you believe otherwise - reporting that all ER beds, all ICU beds, all rooms were overflowing, etc. in TX. Total and complete BS. There were literally only 2 other patients in the ER. I had to raise holy hell to get someone to help us.

After 6 hours we were released. Got back home, relaxed, ate dinner and then I was sitting on the couch with her watching her play a video game and I reached over to check her pulse again - it was racing 155 BPM! WTF??? She was calm and happy. We were laughing together and she was not anxious about anything. I took her back to the ER. Her Endocrinologist wanted her admitted under the care of a Pediatric Cardiologist. EKG is fine, chest X-Ray is fine, blood work is normal, thyroid test is normal, urine is normal, blood sugar just a bit high at 116. After 4+ hours tonight, the Cardiologist has still not shown up. Her Endocrinologist has not shown up. They still have not admitted her! I don't know what the heck is going on - this hospital is the best in town and they are not busy at all. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with my daughter.

Her Mom finally showed up at the ER and they wouldn't let her in. I talked to the head Triage Nurse who told me that they would make a special exception since I had been there all day but she told me that I could not come back. Too bad we're not in Dallas where there's decent doctors.

Please keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/23/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers, bud .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hope the Dr's, show soon. Prayers for your daughter!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you. I am absolutely distraught with the hospital's handling of my daughter's situation.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Son of a gun!

Good luck to her!

I guess you just have to raise hell until you get some results.

Either that or get the hell out of there and go someplace better.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Has she been getting enough water?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for the young lady.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jim, The Dr. originally thought she was dehydrated, but she had an insulated cup of ice water at all times. I make certain she drinks enough water throughout the day. I guess it could be dehydration, but I kind of doubt it.

As far as changing hospitals, there's none better in EP.

- Del Gue
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Prayers and well wishes sent.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
HN , when you said you checked her Pulse , did you actually count the Beats per Minute on her Wrist or did you use an Instrument ? Just wondering about AFIB , but that would have shown up on an EKG if the Dr. knew what he was doing . Also did they give her anything like Metoprolol to limit her Pulse ?

Last edited by usull; 07/23/20.
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Don't tell us-tell someone who matters- Papers, radio stations, medical boards legislators- whoever.

No excuse for that BS. Give it some publicity - maybe even lawyer up.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers up!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
usull: I counted the BPM on her wrist using a chronometer. The finger monitor they use at the hospital confirmed my count. By the time she was hooked up in the ER, her pulse had dropped from my count of 155 to 147. I do not believe she was in Afib or they would have both told me and taken action, which they did not. But who the heck knows at this point. I will ask her Mom via text right now.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/23/20.

- Del Gue
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Jim, The Dr. originally thought she was dehydrated, but she had an insulated cup of ice water at all times. I make certain she drinks enough water throughout the day. I guess it could be dehydration, but I kind of doubt it.

As far as changing hospitals, there's none better in EP.

My thyroid went to hell last year and caused a bunch of weird pulse issues.....but I see her's is okay.

Glad you are at a good hospital. Hope you get some satisfaction very, very soon.

There are so many things that cause pulse issues, takes a while to get to the bottom of it sometimes I guess.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Prayers for your daughter. I took my dad to the hospital when he had chest pains. Turned out it wasn’t anything serious, but they wanted a cardiologist to take a look before they’d release him. So we waited all night, then all day, and all night, and all day, and on day 3, a cardiologist finally answered their phone.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just a little preview of socialized medicine.

Godspeed to your little girl. Amen.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I spent two days in the hospital a few years ago with a pulse rate of 140-150- - - - -they called it "atrial fibrillation". Now I'm on a horrendously expensive, very powerful blood thinner called Pradaxa that's supposed to minimize the chances of a blood clot forming that could cause a stroke. The funny thing was that I had no symptoms at all of any problems except profuse sweating. My wife checked my pulse and freaked out! That was at least 10 years ago. The alternative to Pradaxa is warfarin- - - -(rat poison)- - - -which has to be monitored and the dosage adjusted frequently. I definitely don't want to deal with that!

I hope things work out well- - - - -it's frustrating, watching our kids get sick or hurt and not being able to fix it! Mine are 48 and 50 years old, but they're still kids to me! Hang in there!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Good luck to your daughter.

The way hospitals are operating all over the country during this covid bs is criminal.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You need a cardiologist. Probably a pediatric cardiologist.

Retired cat herder.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You're in my thoughts and prayers.....please keep us posted!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 1minute, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,207
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.