Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
One dead:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200725/1-shot-to-death-during-downtown-austin-protest

At least one person was killed in downtown Austin on Saturday night in the midst of a protest, and medics are searching for additional victims, according to Austin-Travis County EMS.

The shooting happened around 9:50 p.m. at Fourth Street and Congress Avenue, and the public should avoid the area, EMS officials said. Callers reported that multiple people were injured, EMS officials said.

Medics said they were performing CPR on the individual. Police later posted on Twitter that they were treating the incident as a homicide.

The person who was shot was taken to the hospital, EMS officials said.

A protester, who filmed the scene via Facebook Live, said someone charged into the crowd and shot some of the protesters.

According to the protester’s video hours into the Black Lives Matter march, car honking could be heard before at least five gunshots were unleashed. Several screaming protesters immediately took cover.

Austin police officials said they will update the public in the near future.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Imagine that.....crazy people pushing the limits usually doesn't end well.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
So BLM and ANTIFA terrorsits are pulling innocent families from cars and beating them up. And the families fight back

Sounds like justice to me

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Does stand your ground law apply here? In my first reaction, albeit without all the facts, I'm inclined to think it does.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...269-9cd396c1-169c-45be-9529-c1e4662f838e

AUSTIN, Texas — One person is dead and a suspect has been detained after a shooting at a Black Lives Matter protest in Downtown Austin on Saturday night.

The incident happened around 9:52 p.m. near East Sixth Street and Congress Avenue, according to Austin-Travis County EMS. One victim was taken to a local trauma center with critical, life-threatening injuries, ATCEMS said.

Police later said the incident was a homicide.

In an update early Sunday morning, police said initial reports indicate the victim, an adult man, was carrying a rifle when he approached the suspect's vehicle. The suspect then shot out of their car at the victim, police said.

The suspect was detained and is cooperating with officers.

The victim was taken to Dell Seton Medical Center where he later died.

In a video posted to social media taken by journalist Hiram Gilberto, multiple gunshots could be heard at what appeared to be the same intersection where the incident happened.

ATCEMS said there were initial reports of multiple victims, but no other victims have been located.

The Austin Police Department is on the scene near Congress Avenue and Fourth Street. The Austin Fire Department also responded to the scene.

Police said there is no longer a threat to the public.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"Police said there is no longer a threat to the public."

LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
United they stand.........and they still fell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Them protesters sure do scream a lot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Even if there was a legit protest, there are too many crazies out there............too risky to participate, or even watch.
Just stay the fugg away from such a mess.

When you have BS protests............naw, things like this aint gonna happen. GMAFB

They did one in Indy and gang retaliation happened.
Dead.

All it takes is one stray bullet and Johny Sideline is toast

Last edited by hookeye; 07/26/20.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Them protesters sure do scream a lot when scared.

Proly dudes screamed worse than the non dudes

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
“Fuque the police!”

“Black lives matter!”

“Defund the police!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

“Oh sheit! Where are the police?!!”

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by savage24
“Fuque the police!”

“Black lives matter!”

“Defund the police!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

“Oh sheit! Where are the police?!!”

And only the folks on the right notice this?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I was going to arm up and play toy revolutionary man I would be dang careful approaching a vehicle of which I didnt know the occupants. I might shoot the azz if he or she was black ,white or pink. Person in the vehicle has no idea what the intentions are of the armed protestors so must assume the worse case.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Accidental Discharge?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I support the 2A but I wonder how many of these armed protestors have felony convictions that would make it illegal for them to possess a firearm.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I am understanding these situations in Louisville there was a protester that shot someone and it was an accidental discharge. In Austin someone who probably was not part of the protest shot someone and it is being treated as a homicide. I know we don't have all the facts but this doesn't surprise me with the climate of politicians these days. Also they are different jurisdictions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We will probably never know the truth of what happened in this incident.

There may be charges filed where no charges are warranted.. Much like the couple that defended their property in the violent riot in MO.

Tis Austin, you know. crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Them protesters sure do scream a lot when scared.

Proly dudes screamed worse than the non dudes

I have no use for screamers of either gender, how they act in a crisis shows you how soft a lot of these protesters really are.

It ain’t like I’m a hardcase but I do try not to be a screamer.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like the protester may have shouldered and pointed his AK47 at the driver before he was shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/hy0hoe/one_person_killed_in_shooting_during_protest_in/

https://streamable.com/0ihiot

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Squidge; 07/26/20.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i was sleepin'.I didn't see any protesters. I didn't get shot.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 17CalFan, 23 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,371
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.