Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
With age, inactivity due the health issues, I find myself with not enough ass left to hold up my pants with just my cell phone in my pocket, let alone with my carry gun.

I'm not heavy, 5'10", 185-190 pounds with a 34 inch waist.

I do have a slight beer belly which helps push the pants down, but not much.

Tightening my belt is like tying a rope around a stove pipe.

My carry guns are not real heavy, SW E Series Scandium Commander 1911 45, CZ PO6 40 SW.

I could use some recommendations on holsters that will not drag the pants down on this ass-less old fart.

Last edited by steve4102; 07/26/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A picture is.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use to wonder why old guys favored suspenders or bib overalls....

I don't wonder anymore. (at least about that topic)

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sycamore
I use to wonder why old guys favored suspenders or bib overalls....

I don't wonder anymore. (at least about that topic)

I would use Perry suspenders.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Large thick belt made for holster, then suspenders worn inside loose shirt over them

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thirty some odd years ago I bought a wonderful heavy duty gunbelt from an Englishman Andy Aroosian (sp). Used it ever since. I've lost my ass also, so I bought a set of western leather suspenders from Shepler's that hooks to the belt loop of my Levies. Holds up my pants with a 1911 tucked into my waste band and a mag holder with two mags full of 230 grainHydroshcks. Can't think of anything more embarassing then having my pants, pistol , wallet, keys and mags fall down around my ankles.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been wearing suspenders now for about 10-15 years do to this exact issue. It's the only practical solution as far as I know.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remora.

Goes inside the pants, does not hang on the belt, stays in place with friction.

Absolutely amazingly effective holster................& they are less than $35 & one size will fit different guns that are of similar size. Several here have gone to it.

If you look it up & want to try one, let me know & I'll give you the particulars on how to configure it.

I have lots of high end leather welt holster, but the Remora gets used by far the most these days.

MM

Remora Holaters

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some neoprene padding on the inside of a IWB kydex holster..
You didn't say IWB or OWB...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Some neoprene padding on the inside of a IWB kydex holster..
You didn't say IWB or OWB...

I have been using outside, ill use whatever works at this point

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Remora.

Absolutely amazingly effective holster................& they are less than $35 & one size will fit different guns that are of similar size. Several here have gone to it.

If you look it up & want to try one, let me know & I'll give you the particulars on how to configure it.

I have lots of high end leather welt holster, but the Remora gets used by far the most these days.

MM

Remora Holaters

Thanks, I’ll give them a look

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
With age, inactivity due the health issues, I find myself with not enough ass left to hold up my pants with just my cell phone in my pocket, let alone with my carry gun.

My carry guns are not real heavy, SW E Series Scandium Commander 1911 45, CZ PO6 40 SW.

I could use some recommendations on holsters that will not drag the pants down on this ass-less old fart.

That S&W is sweet. If you shoot it enough to crack or wear it out, the receiver the company will repair or replace it. Not bad for a 99% aluminum frame, huh?
How accurate is it, Steve?

Here's what I plan as soon as I get around to it. Maybe you would like to try it.
I don't care for suspenders, but with weight the gun belt won't work like it used to either.
I plan to make a shoulder holster. I already have good quality leather belts for shoulder straps and one inch mil spec elastic if I go that route. You might want to try it and see what you think, or buy a recommended brand. There's a few that I've not heard anything but praises for, but have no personal experience. I'll try to find a video that goes through start to finish how they are made if you want me to. Just ask.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jwall
A picture is.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

^ ^ ^ this

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Going IWB will add an inch or two and save you having to buy new pants...

Since you are OWB now it's probably your pants that are the problem....

Another option would be having a little tab stitched to your waistband that you can button to a suspender button to take an inch or so out of your waist band.

Then if you git ur ass back you can just unhook the button....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Remora.

MM

Remora Holaters

Tag

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
A quality double layer leather belt is at least as important to comfortable carry as is the holster one chooses.

Yours truly,
Assless Greg

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Going IWB will add an inch or two and save you having to buy new pants...

Since you are OWB now it's probably your pants that are the problem....

Another option would be having a little tab stitched to your waistband that you can button to a suspender button to take an inch or so out of your waist band.

Then if you git ur ass back you can just unhook the button....

Yes, I am another with the same issues. I can not even carry a wallet in my pants pocket. I can tighten a belt up so tight it hurts and stand up straight then slide my fastened pants and belt clear to my ankles.

All the old men in my family were the same way and they all wore 'spenders. I just hate that idea.

I have been thinking hard about a "Sam Brown belt and cross strap". That should support the weight of anything I want to carry on my hip. I already use shoulder rigs for the heavy single action revolvers.

Signed, Assless in Idaho.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All due to "dgs", diminished glute syndrome" or your butt shrinks. Duluth sells some nice suspenders. I use them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use an IWB from Kusiak Leather in Florida. I wear it SOB and it seems to just fit in the hollow of my lower back. I have one for a Glock 43, but more and more I'm using one for the Ruger LCP. That gun is so small and light it doesnt drag anything down. I tried a DeSantis tuckable, but hate it . Rough out leather and a plastic clip that just wont slide comfortably inside your waistband. Just my experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
725 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.