Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My Cabelas Meindl boots are already in need of new soles. I wore them yesterday for the 1st time this year and both soles were delaminated and coming off. I'm sure there is somewhere I can send them to have new soles installed? Who do you recommend?

thank you

Last edited by cooperfan; 07/27/20.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave Page is usually recommended.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
ok thank you, I saw his name a couple times while googling

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rocky Mountain Resole did mine 2 years ago. Still going strong..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cooper: I had a pair of Cabelas Meindl made boots. When the soles peeled off I went to Cabelas and the boot department manager said I had "closet rot". My response was that the only thing rotten are your schit boots. A little research found that this was a common problem with the boots that Meindl made for a Cabelas contract due to inferior glue. Be advised that Cabelas Meindl is nothing like real Meindl boots made in Germany. The price difference reflects the difference in quality. Meindl will have nothing to do with any boot that is involved with Cabelas.

IC B2

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If the repair doesn’t work out, these are terrific boots:

https://www.hanwag.com/hanwag-mens-alaska-gtx-schwarzblack-h2303/

Last edited by GF1; 07/27/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobmn
Cooper: I had a pair of Cabelas Meindl made boots. When the soles peeled off I went to Cabelas and the boot department manager said I had "closet rot". My response was that the only thing rotten are your schit boots. A little research found that this was a common problem with the boots that Meindl made for a Cabelas contract due to inferior glue. Be advised that Cabelas Meindl is nothing like real Meindl boots made in Germany. The price difference reflects the difference in quality. Meindl will have nothing to do with any boot that is involved with Cabelas.
Cabelas has discontinued carrying Meindls, everything left is on clearance. Meindl does have a new distributor in meindlusa.com, which is also based in Sydney, NE. Their boots come from Germany. I like the ones I just got from them...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Hoffman Boots in Kellogg, ID

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cut your losses. Meindel boots are turds for that reason.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whites of Spokane, Wa. They will rebuild their boots. They never come apart, one just eventually wears them out. My present pair experienced their second rebuild. I'm a believer as I have 3 more pair at home.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/27/20.

1Minute
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I had a pair if the Cabelas' Meindels, did not last very long.

I tossed 'em.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Cabelas Meindle boots used the exact same soles as there regular boots. I know because I have owned both.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I've never owned a pair of Meindls. My step-dad got some from Cabelas. They didn't last long, and he doesn't walk much. I wasn't impressed.

I just posted because I want to know what the hell "closet rot" is.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a pair of Cabela's Meindel's for about 8 years, can't kill them. I bird hunt 50+ days a year, elk and deer hunting out west plus turkey hunting back east. I bought a new pair about a year ago, I haven't gotten around to breaking them in.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pointer
Cabelas has discontinued carrying Meindls, everything left is on clearance. Meindl does have a new distributor in meindlusa.com, which is also based in Sydney, NE. Their boots come from Germany. I like the ones I just got from them...

Interesting and thanks for the info.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I've never owned a pair of Meindls. My step-dad got some from Cabelas. They didn't last long, and he doesn't walk much. I wasn't impressed.

I just posted because I want to know what the hell "closet rot" is.

Closet rot is a BS excuse in my book.. rubber can dry rot, but that takes some time and is usually only an issue when exposed to sun continually.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I sent them to Dave Page. I just couldn’t throw them out. I have no clue how the soles fell off. I haven’t used them all year

Hopefully they will be better than new when I get them back

Last edited by cooperfan; 08/03/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had three pairs, two I bought in Germany and one from cabelas in the mid 90s. The Cabelas boots were good and withstood years of abuse.
The ones I bought in Germany are Island Pros and are the best boots I've ever owned. I will be sending one pair out for a resole soon as I don't think they make the same model any more.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve been wearing the same pair for 14 years, use weekly, and frequently daily. Sole is fine but the stitching is parting. I’ve got two pair waiting in the closet. They are far and away the best boots I’ve ever had.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I sent them to Dave Page. I just couldn’t throw them out. I have no clue how the soles fell off. I haven’t used them all year

Hopefully they will be better than new when I get them back

Extreme heat can melt the glue. My wife had a pair of LL Bean boots start losing their soles in the Grand Canyon after the 2nd day of 100 degree heat. A ranger gave me some Sheetrock screws and I was able to do a field repair that kept them attached.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.