Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Dess
Maybe not a criminal jury. Not so sure in a civil suit. Black fiance in wheelchair is a powerful image in the media and the courtroom.
You can tell he really loved her because, apparently, he dated her for 10+ years and never married her.

Getting married interferes with the welfare checks. LBJ strikes again.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
[Linked Image from westernrifleshooters.us]
lol

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I guess one of those " pussies " changed their mind.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Wouldn’t the second CCW shooting at car be charged for the AK shooters death? I kind of recall that a death in the act of a felony and the one committing the Felony got the wrap for it. Thinking Louie Brancato when his Ex-FIL killed a cop during a break-in the cop stumbled on. If the second CCW person and the AK guy where in the same group it seems it would apply. Not saying it should or shouldn’t because I’m not a first hand witness or legal expert. Just curious what the collective here thought.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The dude who shot at the departing car likely (reasonably???) believed the driver did an unprovoked attack, and was an imminent threat.

The fog of war.

He probably will not be charged.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There might not be any charges filed.

https://www.wtnh.com/uncategorized/austin-police-identify-protester-shot-killed-by-driver/

Manley said the driver and several witnesses told police Foster approached the driver side window of the vehicle and pointed an assault rifle at the driver.

The driver said they shot Foster and drove off, police said.

Manley said the driver called 911 and reported the incident. That person was taken into custody but later released. The driver’s name wasn’t immediately released.

The second round of shots was fired by protesters who witnessed the shooting, Manley said. The shooter fired at the car while it drove away. That person was also taken into custody but later released, Manley said.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image from westernrifleshooters.us]

He was drunk on the kommie koolaid.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The AK guy or CCW 2 may have been committing the felony and it would apply I would think. As in the AK guy being chargeable with “Assault with a Deadly Weapon“ or whatever the earlier poster mentioned.

Then again in DWI cases where there’s a death the passenger
isn’t charged for the Driver being under the influence and killing someone (I don’t think) so maybe it’s a specific use case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Maybe not a criminal jury. Not so sure in a civil suit. Black fiance in wheelchair is a powerful image in the media and the courtroom.
You can tell he really loved her because, apparently, he dated her for 10+ years and never married her.

Trumps first two years had a R majority in the House/Senate. Nothing changed. GWB had two years with a R majority in the House/Senate (2005-2006) - nothing changed. See a pattern?? DeeCee is the enemy of the people when it comes to abolishing welfare.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Trumps first two years had a R majority in the House/Senate. Nothing changed. GWB had two years with a R majority in the House/Senate (2005-2006) - nothing changed. See a pattern?? DeeCee is the enemy of the people when it comes to abolishing welfare.
Everybody knows that if they abolished the welfare state, we'd get riots like....well, like these. smirk

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If any weapon that is brandished or fired toward me or my family (that I am actively protecting)...

I will retreat to the best of my ability.

If said threat continues to advance upon my retreat... I will respond by all means necessary to neutralize the assault of the aggressor against me and my family.

Whether said aggressor is stoned out of his gourd or not will be ascertained later.

I will take my chances with the investigating officers, the district attorney and or a jury of my peers.

I no longer travel in s******* cities. Best of luck to you that still do.
What has "retreat" got to do with this or anything else? Whoever came up with "duty to retreat" ought to be thrown in a dungeon and never let out. Throwing "retreat" into this mix only muddles things up.

If someone is brandishing... they already have drop on you because you failed to maintain situational awareness.

So you had better be faster and straighter than greased lighting.

Fight as you see fit... but remember please... you seem to have a lot of emotion and may urinate in your trousers before you can draw a weapon.

I have actual experience and I didn't piss myself.

That is truly outstanding... and I know how proud you must be.

Do you wear Huggies all the time... or just when you're headed out to a gunfight?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The guy carrying the rifle was already an armed felon, if Texas law considers halting the progression of a car on a road as felony confinement. It would seem to meet the standards of felony confinement. The crowd should have been charged with the homicide, if the rule of law were a thing in this country. The guy firing at the fleeing vehicle should be charged with felony reckless endangerment, and several weapons discharge crimes.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"As far as I know, at least here in MT. pointing a weapon at someone is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

THAT can be met with lethal force."

Same in Texas but in Texas you can shoot someone if they are illegally trying to enter your vehicle whether they're armed or not.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The dude who shot at the departing car likely (reasonably???) believed the driver did an unprovoked attack, and was an imminent threat.

The fog of war.

He probably will not be charged.

Exactly

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

BS, he saw a man in a car shoot someone and then speed away. No charges should be filled, none

You have no business owning a firearm either.

Jesus Christ.

You are s frickin idiot. If you just saw someone shoot another person and that is all you saw and then speed away a reasonable thought process is the fleeting person is a danger to the general public

I do not know about other states, but in Texas a Concealed Carry License does NOT give you the right to shoot at others as you decide is a public service. It gives you the authority to carry a weapon and use it for your defense and the defense of others from immediate threat. It Does Not give you any authority to pursue individuals or act in any way as a law enforcement officer. Someone fleeing the scene for whatever reason of an incident where a crime may or may not have happened is no justification whatsoever for one to conclude that they warrant being shot at. The person in the crowd that shot at the driver in the car should immediately loose his/her carry license and face multiple legal charges. The driver of the car was no threat whatsoever to this shooter.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Austin Craigslist:

"For sale: AK-47, excellent condition, unfired, only dropped once."

Prosthetic limbs considered as possible trade."

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Henryseale

BS, he saw a man in a car shoot someone and then speed away. No charges should be filled, none

Jesus Christ.

You are s frickin idiot. If you just saw someone shoot another person and that is all you saw and then speed away a reasonable thought process is the fleeting person is a danger to the general public

I do not know about other states, but in Texas a Concealed Carry License does NOT give you the right to shoot at others as you decide is a public service. It gives you the authority to carry a weapon and use it for your defense and the defense of others from immediate threat. It Does Not give you any authority to pursue individuals or act in any way as a law enforcement officer. Someone fleeing the scene for whatever reason of an incident where a crime may or may not have happened is no justification whatsoever for one to conclude that they warrant being shot at. The person in the crowd that shot at the driver in the car should immediately loose his/her carry license and face multiple legal charges. The driver of the car was no threat whatsoever to this shooter.

He shot at someone that he thought did an unprovoked shooting at protestor and DC pool ed away making others in danger

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Driver released without charges.
Nuff said

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Henryseale

Jesus Christ.

I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. In my opinion, if he approached the driver side door with his weapon pointed down at a 30-45 degree angle that can still be a lethal shot to the legs, pelvis, groin intestines. It does not have to be pointed at the face or chest.

Dave

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.