Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Benbo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
My sept 13 ATL-Johannesburg SA flight on Delta just cancelled. Looks like my Cape buffalo will have to wait another year.

BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Get a decent Africa expert travel agent and solve that problem.

https://twg.travel/

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
B
BC3 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Tough Luck - but if it makes you feel any better you are not alone. Not sure that a travel agent would make a difference in this case. SA just shut down hunting travel between provinces today. Fingers crossed for next year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by Smokey262; 07/28/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We have had our ATLto EZE (Buenes Airies) flight cancelleed a bit ago, went to Delta for a refund and was told all we get is a credit for future flights

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Last I heard, RSA isn’t allowing Americans in anyway unless they quarantine on arrival.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Delta flight was cancelled in July and I am getting a refund! I think the airlines must offer you either if THEY CANCEL flight.

Might be worth following up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jdollar
Last I heard, RSA isn’t allowing Americans in anyway unless they quarantine on arrival.

I've heard the same thing. Also heard recently that inter-country travel in Africa has been stopped as well.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jdollar

I've heard the same thing. Also heard recently that inter-country travel in Africa has been stopped as well.

Dang, I was really looking forward to 15 days in Africa with Wife this year for our anniversary.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got my fingers crossed for you Gunner. You doing the Bots thing?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Got my fingers crossed for you Gunner. You doing the Bots thing?

Thanks JG, no, will be up on the Limpopo again, my Wife loves that tough bush camp there.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We just CNX'd our flts and trip to Bots. Here is the deal on J'berg and Delta.

J'berg IS open and taking international flights and international travelers. HOWEVER, you MUST stay in the International transit/transfer side of the terminal and be connecting with other International flts OUT of RSA. IF you go into the Immigration and baggage claim area to collect bags you then become subject to the 14-day quarantine IN RSA.

How this ties in with Delta? Delta doesn't code share or have baggage handling/transfer agreements with any of the other carriers with flight going to Tanzania or Zambia etc, and their flight arrives so late in the day, you are pretty much forced to spend the night in J'berg.

In our case, our tickets to Botswana were with Qatar Air, who DOES have code share and baggage handling/transfer agreements with Air Botswana and some others. Since the Bots govt just announced that Gaborone was going back into complete lockdown starting 1 Aug to at LEAST 14 Aug Qatar Air agreed to give us a total refund on our tickets.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Our delta flight was cancelled for our May trip. They gave us credit to use down the road but in early July I decided I wasn't gonna let them hold on to my money, so went to their site and filed for a refund. 3 weeks later I received every penny back. More then happy with the outcome.

Last edited by TNTBR; 08/01/20.
K
K
The pandemic has really ruined a lot of plans. I hope next year is better, all we can do is make better plans and contingencies too. That is a big lesson I had to learn this year so far.

With contingencies, whatever life brings to me, I can have several other plans should in case the unexpected happens.

I wish every hunter a great 2021 and as for those of us that can still hunt this year, I wish you the very best in your adventures.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was on the last direct flight out of Joburg to ATL on 23 March. We were scheduled to fly from Lilongwe, Malawi to Joburg on the 22nd, then RON in the terminal hotel and depart late on the 23rd. We were about to board the plane in Lilongwe, in the early morning on the 22nd and they pulled us off the flight because SA established the 14 day quarantine just hours earlier. Luckily, they pulled us off in time and then re-booked us for the next morning, and we sailed right through Joburg terminal; after a 9 hour layover. The terminal was eerily empty.

Perry
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My brother-in-law is a Delta captain piloting international flights out of JFK to Europe and Africa. He has been essentially grounded for months now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My full refund from Delta posted on my card this month. Good luck to all of us rebooking for 2021.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muygrande1
My full refund from Delta posted on my card this month. Good luck to all of us rebooking for 2021.

Hopefully your outfitters survive. Lots are hurting bad with very low income this year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just heard from my PH that Zim would be opening for international flights on Oct 1. They may be looking for a few hunters.

R
R
COVID-19 has done more harm than good, imagine that a thousand of hunting games and adventure cancelled just because of this outbreak and disaster. Oh lord, I hope for a better 2021, I cannot wait to hunt again.

I cannot risk going out there hunting knowing this virus is not totally defeated. I have kids, they don't have 2 fathers. I have to always be around them, that is an affection I don't get while I was a kid and growing up through adulthood.

I know a lot of us here have cancelled our huntings and our yearly adventures and camping too. It is not all that bad after all, this is a chance to spend more time with family and friends. Working from home is not a bad idea.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
710 members (10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 91 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.