Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#15087970 07/28/20
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Life can suck sometimes.

My Mom has dementia, and has been locked in their assisted living facility since early April. She hasn’t handled it well.
There has been no help from the medical community. It seems the bastards are hiding.

What a travesty this damn Covid coup has brought down on those most vulnerable.

Nit Whitmer needs to go. I want to be there if the privileged bitch ever gets the karma she deserves.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll hold her for you Bro.

Sorry about mom, can't be easy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Lib leaders have treated the most vulnerable. harshly.

There needs to be an accounting, for sure.

Starting with that narcissistic clown, the New York Governor, who ordered nursing homes to receive infected Covid patients when alternative accommodations were available, courtesy of Trump and the U.S. Govt.

Cuomo is personally responsible for a bunch of unnecessary deaths. MSM is covering for him, don't guess they give a ___ about seniors, as long as "the agenda" is being advanced.

They reckon "ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet...." Sick SOB's... mad

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My dad had it. He died at 92 and spent his last year in a VA Alzheimer facility. What really sucked was that he always thought he was in jail. Every time we visited he wanted to know what he'd done to be in jail. That hurt!

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My wife's grandmother/aka/mother had it...took her 9 years to die from it....9 very long years during which she knew no one. Death was a blessing for her and the family.
You have my sympathy...been there done that. Praying for you and your family.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mom had it...awful and terrible. That's all I got to say.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Grandma passed last year. She had it l. Tough watching her go. I love my grandma.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Dad passed from it last week. 2 1/2 years of hell watching him fade away!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in the same exact boat.

Mom has been on lock-down since mid-March.

Thankfully we are able to go see her from a safe social distance in person but it has taken a toll on her and us.

She just doesn't understand why she can't hug us or have any contact.
'
Pretty heart-breaking and I feel for you too.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m sorry you are going through this

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None in our family but helped out some neighbors before and after going into assisted living. Not much one can do. One lasted about 2.5 years. Another was in for about 15. One can try, but it's a tough row to hoe.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's tough, it's sad., I feel sorry but. In Ontario , one long term care had over %50 death rate after COVID-19 go in. In Sweden when it cot into long term care,they weren't bothering to give them oxygen, saving the supplies for the younger ones. I think that can be called euthanasia .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
In no way intended to detract from the heartbreak of people with loved ones with dementia.
But, I'm pretty sure I'm displaying symptoms. I have had visions of 330 million people wearing sinister looking masks. I keep having visions of mobs of people in black shirts running amok nightly in formerly American cities with little or no response from law enforcement, when clearly laws are being flouted. The onset of this debility is rapid, I wasn't having these delusions a year ago.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am the legal guardian of my 48 year-old retarded nephew who lives most of the time in a Virginia state sponsored home.

He is under complete lockdown.

We usually get him one weekend a month and take him to our country house.

I still talk to him a few times a week.

The coronavirus lockdown has completely zapped his brain.

Although he is retarded he's about Forrest Gump functional.

Having spent the past five months observing my fellow man under CV19 stress... et al... I have come to realize that a metric ton of my fellow citizens are at or very near the same IQ level as my nephew.

With all that said, I wonder how many individuals who have lost all that they have in business.

Or have lost a spouse to illness for divorce.

Or have become drug addicts or alcoholics.

Or suicides.

The news is full of Coronavirus deaths, I speculate that number pales in comparison to the number of people that are dying unrecognized from the fall-out caused by government mandates.

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/28/20.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I watched my father slowly crumble and vanish for several years. His wife took really good care of him as long as she could, but he eventually got to be too much to handle. He kept trying to escape the house and got violent with her several times, including breaking her arm. We finally realized that she was the reason he was sticking around, so we talked her into putting him into a facility while she took a trip to have a break and recover emotionally and physically. He died after a month. We all suffered for several years before that. That was about 5 years ago.

Then my mother had rapid onset dementia hit and she mentally disappeared for several months. Her husband, who does not communicate very well, told my brothers and I nothing until after they'd returned from their Arizona home back to Idaho in the Spring. It is usual not to hear from them or to be able to get a hold of them. She sort of came back mentally in almost miraculous fashion, but the downhill slide since then has been very linear. That was two years ago. We just celebrated her 75th birthday last weekend with a big party and gathering (fuuck you Covid fear-mongerers). Coincidentally her birthday is today. I was able to talk to her and really connect for several minutes, but the rest of the time, she was mostly lost. The difference is that she has moved more smoothly through the fear and anger phases. She was very violent at the outset, and she has her bouts with fear, but in the main, she does well to keep a happy demeanor. Her husband is hell-bent on taking care of her himself, though he can't even get around without a walker. They have more money than God, so he is doing a good job of it with all the help money can buy. He isn't willing to rely on family, though we have tried to step in and help here and there. I am glad she still remembers me. We were very close as adults, and would often have long philosophical conversations. She was quite brilliant. Her father was a genius. She was a genius. I miss her very much.

I went through it with my dad, so I am more prepared as she gets worse, but damn, it's hard.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M Stevenson, I sympathize with you regarding your mother's dementia. (Alzheimer's dementia???) My wife died in Feb. of asperation pneumonia, complicated by Alzheimer's. She'd suffered from it for several years. The various dementia disorders are terrible, awful disorders for which there is no cure. Not only are the victims destroyed, but so are the families of their loved ones. Watching the unstoppable deterioration of your mother will be difficult. I wish you and your family the best.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dad lost his long battle with Alzheimer's/Dementia last month. Mom has it as well.
I feel your pain.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My grandmother had it for a year before she died,she used to beg me to take her home,it was sad,but i always used to tell her,"remember when you d give me a piggy back ride?" Then she would smile... But,like the rest,a blessing when she went in her sleep.our world is not the same without her.
A good friend of ours was talking to her 78 year old dad for like a half an hour,and he stopped,patted her hand,and said," your such a nice young lady,do you know my daughter?" Thats when she knew it had started.its heartbreaking
And i pray it doesn t last long for you.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I Feel for all of you, going thru this with Mom now and with grandmother, her Mom! its just NOT right for people to have to go thru this! Im afraid that ill end up like this, have told a few friends to let me know, if I start losing it I want to go out on My Terms!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My mom’s sisters and her whole extended family suffered from Alzheimer’s. Her mom and all her aunts and uncles had it.

So far at 73 years old my mom is doing great. I’ve convinced her to take some Lions Mane mushroom extract. There is some extremely promising research on Lions Mane and dementia. The research points to a compound in the mushroom root (mycelium) as being the active compound to increase nerve growth factor. I am in communication with a company about making me up a custom Lions Mane mycelium alcohol extract. I do plan on marketing it.

Here’s a bit of a write up:

http://mycologypress.com/research/dementia/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 63 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.