Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gibby Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Like a lot of people here, I have a drawer full of holsters. Kind of like my wife with her shoes. Except she uses the floor and shelves.

Most of the time I am packing here at home using a belt holster carrying some kind of 1911 or a 3 or 4" revolver. I don't go to "town" on a regular basis, but when I do, I carry something concealed mostly using an IWB holster. The way things are now, I won't leave home without packing something. If it turns into an all day thing, its starts to be uncomfortable. I started wearing an OWB more often lately for conceal carry. At my age, I like them better.

For now, rather than getting on a long waiting list, I opted to buy something in stock. After a lot of research and having a few of their holsters already, I decided to go with Wilson Combat. It is their Lo-Profile Elite Compact for a Commander length pistol. Ordered it on a Friday and got it on the next Tuesday. Quality is great. Service is great.

Right away, I placed a Lightweight Commander in it and wore it all day yesterday. It's a keeper. I am sure it will get better as it wears in like any good leather holster. It tucks in very well at 3 to 4 o'clock.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have a drawer full, but there’s two or three that get the bulk of the use.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Gibby

............. If it turns into an all day thing, its starts to be uncomfortable. I started wearing an OWB more often lately for conceal carry. At my age, I like them better.

I've moved to almost all OWB. When I IWB I try to limit it to a short time. With high quality custom holsters of both types, OWB is more comfortable for me. When using an off-the shelf or less costly holster, the comfort of OWB vs IWB increases by an even greater margin.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If I could, I'd go everywhere with a Tom Threepersons type holster

G
Gibby Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I am thinking of buying another for a full size 1911.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I really like Galco "Concealable" OTW. I also use Mitch Rosin's "Leather Lightning" in it. A "Paddle " OTW sometimes would be good. For driving around, hard to beat a "Crossdraw" anything! smile Its like the old saying, "If you can't get to it in 2 seconds, better have another Plan"! ha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picked up a “Braids “ brand owb holster for a p365XL.

For around the yard / deer camp use. Well made.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Gibby Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I really like Galco "Concealable" OTW. I also use Mitch Rosin's "Leather Lightning" in it. A "Paddle " OTW sometimes would be good. For driving around, hard to beat a "Crossdraw" anything! smile Its like the old saying, "If you can't get to it in 2 seconds, better have another Plan"! ha

I like using crossdraw holsters when carrying a long gun in the field. Comes in very handy without guns colliding.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I too use cross drawn OWB holsters. I prefer Mernickle , as they are one of the few , that make a Hard Crossdraw.

Have several. 6" Python, PMR 30, Ruger Hunter , other revolvers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of good 1911 holsters out there. I like El Paso Saddlery a lot, their Torilla the most.

I also appreciate a cross draw when out & about. I have one for my J-frame.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.