Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck

My question is - why does anybody GAF about FB?

Because 1.7 BILLION use it.

That is BILLION with a B.

That's a [bleep] of folks for those who have problems with big numbers. That is 1.7 billion people that exchange information instantaneously. FB and Twitter now drives the MSM. If you read any of the NY Times firing of their Op Ed Chief, you will see that she called out the Times staff for being manipulated by Social Media.

So while you might not care to have a presence on FB, it is a major force/influence in world right now.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by srwshooter
i was posting on a thread on facebook and wrote 24hrcampfire.com and facebook tells me i can't post it.

Why don't we BAN anyone who uses F B ?

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shaman
It isn't just Facebook.

Take my little weblog-- the link is in my signature line. Six months ago, I could pretty much count on 200 hits a day as a base. If I'd published something new or it was getting on toward deer or turkey season, that might jump to 400-800 hits a day. I'm right now sitting at about 75 hits/day. If I look at the traffic, its mostly people being referred from sites like this or folks who know my site who are going there directly. Google searches to my site have all but disappeared. A year ago better than half the hits were coming from folks Googling something like "What's the best deer rifle?" or "How do you take a Turkey's temperature?" The latter was funny; every year I'd get thousands of hits over Thanksgiving from Japan. Folks over there would find my site and think that question had something to do with cooking. If they read the article, they found a humorous piece with the phrase: "Pick the bird up by the legs, get your boot firmly planted on his neck, and attempt to insert the thermometer under his tail." Sadly I had to ban all traffic from Asia last year, because there were too many hackers. I now have to block everyone except USA, Canada, Australia, GB, Sweden, and The Netherlands.

My surmise is that anything to with anything re Conservative politics, Conservative values, and stuff related to shooting and hunting are being quietly forgotten by Google and unless you're paying for a bump in the listings, you're gone.

A guy from Breitbart was talking about this on Tucker Carlson. Right now, you can't find Breitbart articles on Google unless you preface it with "Breitbart."

Haven't you read about "reformed hunters"?

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Since the advent of Tinder, Bumble, etc FB lost a lot of its appeal... for me at least.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've never joined FB. I am disgusted by the men I work with that are consumed by it. They look at it every chance they get oblivious to anything else.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a lot of good hunting, shooting and fishing pages there. just joined a swordfishing page, we want to fish for them but have little experience. the people on that page are more than happy to help us.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwall
Why don't we BAN anyone who uses F B ?

Good idea.

But I wonder if we could go a step further in protecting ourselves by banning some additional demographic, possibly one with an ethnic connection to Faceberg? Not just from this site mind, but the country.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

A large part of FB is compromised of localized, smaller pages that allow community members discuss local problems. When you control what people are allowed to post you make it appear that everyone disagrees with you which causes dissenters to remain quiet.

It is not unlike voter suppression.

Whether a person uses the service or not (I do not) it is still a 1st Amendment issue. And it’s dangerous.

Very well put.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
i was posting on a thread on facebook and wrote 24hrcampfire.com and facebook tells me i can't post it.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. smile

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

My wife has been “silenced” several times......they can’t abide with a “politically incorrect” female! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Shutdown Facebook and half of the world would go into withdrawals. The other half would be totally lost.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I already banned THEM

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
never had facebook because I used to be a missions minister and was overseas a lot and China searches facebook and anything they can to find out about people entering their country. Many have been turned away at point of entry because of things on their facebook about going on a mission trip or all kinds of stuff.

my wife has facebook, but rarely uses it.

my church has facebook and post my sermons on their, as I'm no longer a missions leader, but I am a bi-vo pastor. Wondering when/if that is going to cause me a problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by deflave

A large part of FB is compromised of localized, smaller pages that allow community members discuss local problems. When you control what people are allowed to post you make it appear that everyone disagrees with you which causes dissenters to remain quiet.

It is not unlike voter suppression.

Whether a person uses the service or not (I do not) it is still a 1st Amendment issue. And it’s dangerous.

Prezactly ^^^^^^

Flave for President 2024

Dave..VP

Clark..Sec of State

Kingston...DHS

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I can't get back on fakebook.

I'm amazed you can pour a bowl of cereal.

Much less navigate Facebook.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Prezactly ^^^^^^

Flave for President 2024

Dave..VP

Clark..Sec of State

Kingston...DHS

😎

No believers in my administration.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Facebook, Twitter, et.alia survives and prospers on the Updike principle of, ‘there’s no act so private that it doesn’t cry out for applause’.

People just love to run their mouths, mostly saying, ‘look at me’. Period.

Agreed. A good place for sheeple to hang out.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is exactly like me getting banned form some gay-bar.

I would not care (or even notice) because I have never been there even once----- and I never will.

Why would anyone be so foolish as to support the enemy who is trying to destroy them?

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Facebook matters because while they may not be able to control everyone they can control enough to sway elections.

+1

Just because people here don’t agree with it, millions and millions are gullible to what they are fed there.

95% of news pop ups on these social media sites will be pro Biden and anti Trump. Bet on it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,371
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.