Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
More likely some IRS agent getting blowed by a hooker. Old news.... nice try.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ray63
BOB H... About a year ago Japan recognized Bitcoin as legal tender and could be used to settle any national debt.
This crypto isn't for everybody for sure. Flat scary to be honest. When I first got into it in march of 2017 there were about 400 different crypto coins. ANYONE can set one up. I got on a sight that listed all the coins out there and one was named tittsandass coin. REALLY ! Can you get hacked on this. YUP !! Heck, they hacked the pentagon. Last I heard{which has been at least a year ago} there were over 2000 crypto and my guy says 99% of them are pure POOP !!

TOOT was worried there wouldn't be an ATM at the McD. There might or might not be one there but when this all gets said and done you will have an app on your phone or have a debit card that will take care of your purchase of the double fat burger and fries. Ray

When all gets said and done,,That’s yet to be seen, Ray.

And The Tootster ain’t worried about anything connected with bitcoin. I don’t have to be.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
More likely some IRS agent getting blowed by a hooker. Old news.... nice try.

One more question. What does “your guy” receive in the way of commissions for talking you into buying bitcoin?

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Nothing. I pay him a yearly fee, life time now, and he makes recommendations and I buy what I want when I want as much as I want. I have bought 20 cryptos and am in 5 pre IPO investments All for the yearly fee. Not cheap but he is making some good money. Ray

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing. I pay him a yearly fee, life time now, and he makes recommendations and I buy what I want when I want as much as I want. I have bought 20 cryptos and am in 5 pre IPO investments All for the yearly fee. Not cheap but he is making some good money. Ray

Cool. Thanks for responding.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My friend tried to get me to buy bitcoin when it was about $300. My wife said go ahead and buy about $10,000. I hesitated because I was afraid I'd lose the code and I didn't understand you could print them off. My Friend put everything he had in it. He worked at Intel at the time and even started getting his paycheck in bitcoin. He doesn't work at all now, just travels and has fun. Last time I asked bitcoin was around $5,000 and he had $36 million worth of it. Hindsight....

At least my silver i bought in 2008 and 2009 for around $12 is starting to be worth something. My friend still says bitcoin is a buy at $10,000. He says the day will come i wished I had a few of them.

Bb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
you can cash it into money, then use the money

Yes, in the Coinbase card example I posted the crypto is converted to fiat because that is what the seller’s bank requires. This is like using a debit card connected to your USD savings account to purchase something in Euro, your bank takes care of the conversion.

But BTC can also be used to make purchases directly. Anyone at all can choose to accept it in lieu of any other form of payment and they can leave it on BTC or convert it to whatever else, fiat included. People do that all the time every day. The twitter scammers converted BTC to XMR to wash it, then likely into Rubles or whatever they use where they are.

The “not backed by anything” is a tiresome argument. Your USD are backed by faith and credit, literally. If you buy a stock it is backed by nothing more than a market assigned value which is exactly what BTC is backed by.

Do you own any bitcoin, Stick ?

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
One thing. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR CRYPTO. COPY THE CODES TO YOUR ACCOUNTS AND VAULTS TO 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT PLACES. I keep one copy in my lock box at the local bank. I use thumb drives and keep them in different places. Story goes a guy and his wife got in to a fight. She through him out and through the computer in the garbage. The local dump would NOT let him to look for his computer.... worth more than $1 million. Ray

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yes.

In the 2018 bull run I sold most of what I'd bought. I hold a bit of it, mostly for transactions rather than an expectation the value will increase.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yes.

In the 2018 bull run I sold most of what I'd bought. I hold a bit of it, mostly for transactions rather than an expectation the value will increase.

Sounds like you did well and if what Ray is expecting actually happens, that value appreciation might well be there.

It also sounds like you did your homework and fully understand the whys and the whats concerning Bitcoin.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like you did well and if what Ray is expecting actually happens, that value appreciation might well be there.

I did ok, but largely by accident. Crypto technology is very interesting and has a lot of upsides, but I never expected the value to go up like it did nor do I know why it did.

I tend to think anyone predicting crypto prices is just guessing. At least the people way out on the edges are, and a guy forecasting $1MM per BTC is out there. But they balance out people on the other end of the spectrum.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
One thing. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTION OF YOUR CRYPTO. COPY THE CODES TO YOUR ACCOUNTS AND VAULTS TO 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT PLACES. I keep one copy in my lock box at the local bank. I use thumb drives and keep them in different places. Story goes a guy and his wife got in to a fight. She through him out and through the computer in the garbage. The local dump would NOT let him to look for his computer.... worth more than $1 million. Ray

What happens to BC's in this instance, just sit in perpetuity?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
What happens to BC's in this instance, just sit in perpetuity?

Possibly.

Ray is probably referring to seed words in his post about CODES. A crypto wallet can be recovered by using those seed words to regenerate the private key that was used to encrypt it, so the coins would be available again.

If the guy didn’t have a copy of his seed words the coins in the wallet are gone forever.

There were several very large BTC wallets that didn’t move anything in 2018 when the price was close to $20k. Likely they are lost, because who wouldn’t sell a bit if they were sitting on $100MM?

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
One thing about Bit Coin I never understood. Why is it owners feel its their life's mission to tell others about what a great thing it is and how much they made from it?

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LovesLevers
Why is it owners feel its their life's mission to tell others about what a great thing it is and how much they made from it?

You might see less of that if you read fewer threads titled “BITCOIN”.

You posses the agency to change your life for the better.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by LovesLevers
Why is it owners feel its their life's mission to tell others about what a great thing it is and how much they made from it?

You might see less of that if you read fewer threads titled “BITCOIN”.

You posses the agency to change your life for the better.

a person could use that advice in reading different posters......dont want to hear it...dont read it.....just to hard for most people, they would rather bitch......bob

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The crypto industry is about to explode with new growth and financial products world wide. Rumer is one of the major stock exchanges is about to make a platform for buying and selling cryptos right on the stock exchange. Then anybody with a trade account like TD Ameritrade could buy bitcoin right there and not have to jump thru all the hoops we have had to in the past. It would be as secure as your stocks. When this happens there will be like 30 million people that now have the option to buy cryptos at the touch of a button. The next 2 years or so are going to see amazing growth. The reason I like to tell people about the cryptos is the opportunity to help other people get ahead in life. If I had not got into the cryptos I would have had to wait 2 to 3 years to retire. IF this goes as planned, the amount of family and friends I can help will be huge. Right here in front of you is the biggest opportunity to help your self for not a lot of money you may ever have. THIS IS ALL ON YOU ! THIS ALL IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Bitcoin has gone up about $2K in the last 2 or 3 months. Would $2K help your finances out. It did mine. I do not post this to brag. I am trying to get you into a better place in life. Some want to fight about this and bad mouth it and will never do it no matter what. Their loss. This is as the guy that posted earlier. His neighbor bought in and now is rich and spends his time traveling. The other guy didn't buy in and works for a living. ON the lost coins. YUP, sounds like they are gone for good. ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION !! RAY

R
Ray63 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
On 7/27/ 2020, I posted BITCOIN had just went over $10K. In less than 1 month it is now hitting $12,200. I love being scammed and ripped off for NOT knowing what I was investing in. Ray

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
On 7/27/ 2020, I posted BITCOIN had just went over $10K. In less than 1 month it is now hitting $12,200. I love being scammed and ripped off for NOT knowing what I was investing in. Ray

We all enjoy making money.
At what point would you sell? Or do you just collect?
I noticed you posted you bought at $1144. So if you passed up selling when it was $20,000 then you could of netted almost another $8000.
Just trying to understand your reasoning of your posts. Are you happy you still have it instead of selling when it hit $20000?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Bitcoin is like gambling. It literally has value because people buy it, and for no other reason. Purely enthusiasm based. What can you actually do with a bitcoin?

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,955 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,320
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.