Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
I have ordered from them 3 times, first 2 went ok. Last one did not items out of stock and some mistakes on pricing after items went in my cart. I communicated via email, and immediate auto response with no resolution. Tried calling, on hold and finally they disconnected. Sent email, days later response received.
Finally things are corrected, never again, tactical link does a good job, as well as palmetto and joe bob or ar15 parts. Only choose OP due to the large selection, IE, they had almost everything I was looking for, primarily small parts and shipping us painful on a bunch of small items.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can't think of a more cluttered and incoherent looking website on the internet. Every time I look at one of their pages I think I'm going to have a seizure. So for better or worse that's keeping me from using OP.

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by RufusG
I can't think of a more cluttered and incoherent looking website on the internet. Every time I look at one of their pages I think I'm going to have a seizure. So for better or worse that's keeping me from using OP.
+1. Also, the last time I ordered from them was before the Covid craziness. Several weeks after ordering, I still did not receive the item, so I called them to find out why. I was told it would be shipped soon. After about another week and still no delivery, I called to cancel. Magically, the item was shipped the next day. There are too many good sites to order from this outfit. Just my opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I don’t....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not my first choice. Or second. But I think they were the only option for some safariland holster I wanted once.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B2

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I will order from them if it is the absolute last resort. I ordered items from them several times five or six years ago. Items were shown to be in stock. Optics Planet dinged my credit card immediately and the next day I received an Email stating the item was back ordered. Happened three times over the course of a year. In 2015 I won a 3-9x40 Trijicon AccuPoint scope in a drawing Optics Planet had. The scope was delivered eight weeks after I was informed I’d won it. The tritium was so faint you could barely see it. I called Optics Planet, they told me to pack sand, it wasn’t their issue. I suspected the scope was really old. I called Trijicon, was asked for the serial number and was informed it was from the first run of scopes ever made so there was no defect. The tritium had faded out and needed to be recharged, which they would happily do for a fee. I declined and sold the scope with full disclosure.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I also just ordered from them and they website gave the illusion they had what I wanted in stock. After 10 days and no shipping i emailed them and found out what i need is out of stock. No know date of backorder on part of my order even... I am going to cancel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered a stock for my Grendel AR build last year. I ordered the stock while I was contracting overseas. The order went through just fine and three days later I got a big email saying that they can’t ship certain gun parts overseas. I emailed them and told them it was going to my house in AK, and that while I currently worked overseas, I was not taking the parts out of the US. They went round and round with me and I ended up filling out their required forms. They came back again saying I cannot export gun parts, I then requested a refund. I guess that was enough, got a tracking number and never heard another word from them.

Last edited by Hudge; 07/27/20.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not to bore you with drama; but I’ll never buy schit from Optics Planet again. If Doug doesn’t have it, I probably don’t need it. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well, from what you hear, they're either really good or really bad. I ordered a Redfield Revolution from them several years ago. Came to me promptly without delay, safely packaged. But you need to click on their availability button. Recently I was going to buy a Burris Fullfield II with plex reticle (I don't care for the more popular ballistic plex) and, after clicking on availability, it said, "shipping in 6 to 8 months." Deal breaker for me. The number one gripe seems to be inexcusable delay; but, as some above mentioned, they have things that aren't available at Able's and Midway, and I've bought scopes from them also. I find them to be more reputable.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Money ain't everything.

No OP for me

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Places an order with them at the beginning of this month.
Everything was "In Stock".
First item shipped in a week.
Second a week later.

Still waiting for the last item to ship.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Just to suggest other options for the future, I've had very good experiences with Sport Optics and Bear Basin.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Places an order with them at the beginning of this month.
Everything was "In Stock".
First item shipped in a week.
Second a week later.

Still waiting for the last item to ship.

Heck that ain't bad, just save yourself the frustration and DON'T call them! grin

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Whenever possible, I use CAMERALAND!

+1

Good way to not have regrets and horror stories to report here on the Fire.

Doug and the gang do a good job and will go to bat with manufacturers and distributors on behalf of their customers...

They get a LOT more respect from those sources than we would as individuals...

It's good to have them in your corner if something goes haywire...

DF

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP is not my first choice, second or even third. Better places to do business with. Have had a couple of expected transactions and some delayed shipping times.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've used them probably on average, once per year over the last 10 years or so. On occasion have had to utilize their customer service for a return or something. Have never had a problem, all went well. Good prices, free shipping, no tax, can usually find a 5% or more off coupon somewhere. I will say though, that all of my experience has been pre-COVID.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 16penny, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.