OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
What is the most reliable Gun Advocate group?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I will not send the NRA another dime until they get rid of Wayne Lapierre.

NRA Life Patron Member Benefactor Level
USN/USMC Vietnam Vet 1969-70
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA has become a swamp.............................. drain the swamp.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DocEd

The leadership will destroy it before they step away from that 400 million annual revenue, if they are even pulling in that kind of money anymore

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I''m not listening to a 16 minute video full of buy my stuff yacking.
Whats the Cliff notes version?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by DocEd

The leadership will destroy it before they step away from that 400 million annual revenue, if they are even pulling in that kind of money anymore

It was a good run. I stopped renewing about 5 years ago after about 35 years. Neal Knox was right back in the 80s. My $$ goes to VCDL. I believe they're doing more than anybody else these days.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Same old stuff, nothing new. Wayne is a dictator, misusing the money. As usual this fellow has no plan to stop it. Hand it to Wayne, he's smart, he has a grip on his job and the NRA money. I think they are looting the organization and picking the bones clean knowing the NRA is finished.
The NRA has been noticeably absent on the news channels political ads for a presidential election year. You would at least expect to see NRA on Fox or OAN. Maybe not MSNBC.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
An awful lot of noise for the amount of signal there. He is right, but he could have covered all of that in about 1.6 minutes instead of 16 minutes. I'll just call him Windy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"Divide and conquer your enemies"

The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.

Easy to say that they've done that to themselves, but with evidence of what the Left does to any group that opposes them, is there any doubt they've had their hand in spinning any irregularity in the NRA, large or small into something much bigger and seemingly more serious than it is attempt to kill the organization? Think about it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr

LaPierre (we members) has been paying an "assistant" to find and get people to support candidates to the Board that support LaPierre. The "assistant" even has an "assistant" on the payroll. Been going on for 20+ years.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
"Divide and conquer your enemies"The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.
Easy to say that they've done that to themselves, but with evidence of what the Left does to any group that opposes them, is there any doubt they've had their hand in spinning any irregularity in the NRA, large or small into something much bigger and seemingly more serious than it is attempt to kill the organization? Think about it.
Completely agree that the NRA has been a target of the left. As far as the NRA being the single biggest reason we still have the 2nd Amendment, I don't buy that. No amendment in the bill of rights has ever come close to being rescinded. The problem here is the opening Wayne gave our opponents to attack our organization. Not to mention the squandering of millions of dollars and the alienation of hundreds of thousands if not millions of faithful members. Now we are open to all kinds of legal liability because of Wayne's malfeasance and our NRA is effectively politically neutered for this coming election of the greatest consequence for our country. We did it to ourselves, myself included by a lack of vigilance.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think my current membership expires in 2024. I doubt they'll be around after that unless Wayne leaves, and I certainly wouldn't count on that.
Wayne knows there will be nowhere for him to go to get the big bucks he's been looting.
Fugg 'em; my $ now go to the SAF and GOA.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
"Divide and conquer your enemies"

The NRA is the single biggest reason we still have the 2A. The NRA has been a major target of the Left since WW II. The Left has finally succeeded in dividing the membership and crippling the fundraising ability of the NRA and thus the lobby power, crippling the NRA as a force for the 2A.

This Thread seems like a false flag thread to work on getting the wedge into the community.
After all NBC-DNC identified NRA as a significant supporter of The President in 2016.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A few years back The gov. of IOWA and his buddies were full on antigun. We were trying to get concealed carry so WAYNE went to them and said if we got CCW he would give the anti gun thugs an A+ rating for all of them. I called and left a nasty note and have never gave NRA a red cent since. GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA AND IOWA GUN OWNERS FOR ME. I have been a lifer with nra for like 35 years. Wayne has cost us more than we can ever repair. Ray

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ray63
A few years back The gov. of IOWA and his buddies were full on antigun. We were trying to get concealed carry so WAYNE went to them and said if we got CCW he would give the anti gun thugs an A+ rating for all of them. I called and left a nasty note and have never gave NRA a red cent since. GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA AND IOWA GUN OWNERS FOR ME. I have been a lifer with nra for like 35 years. Wayne has cost us more than we can ever repair. Ray

Truth.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Where is the NRA?

Wayne--- are you there??

Now is when they should be front and center

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After 47 years, my subscription/membership is gone as of tomorrow.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Where is the NRA?

Wayne--- are you there??

Now is when they should be front and center

We’ll see how much they contribute to Trump’s campaign. Won’t be long.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just might be time for another “Revolt in Cincinnati” (a la 1977) at the annual meeting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 58 invisible), 3,353 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.