24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just finished writing a column for my local rag and it's about what isn't being reported about Wuhan fever.

That involved a wander around the CDC website and others, trying to figure out who is dying and who isn't.

The take away from all this is, if you're under 55, your chance of dying once sick is around one percent at worst, under 45, it's like 0.2 percent. So obviously the body's ability to heal is a big factor.

There are several comorbidities that the Chinese studied, worst to least, 10 to 5 percent net death risk, heart, diabetes, lungs, blood pressure, cancer. Oldsters WITHOUT those, risk of death was only 0.9 percent.

Florida data showed COVID topping cancer, about 800 deaths to five hundred each COVID, and COVID comorbid the most recent week.

Mortalities are almost all over 55. I looked at several of these line items from CDC and the last report for July `18 had 675 dead over age 55, all other cases, 51.
Another format from New York showed 96 percent of fatalities over 45.

I also found some data from Montana that shows a little less than half, about 900, of the state's cases, are young adults. But they're not dying. In fact, of the 47 deads (CDC total was 52, don't ask me why there's a mismatch), just two were under 60. Average age of hospitalized cases, 66. Non-hospital, 34.

So, most of the morts are "retirement age" while everyone else certainly has a chance of getting sick. But how sick? I'm still trying to find information on that, but just now, the idiot state says they're not testing anyone who is asymptomatic (that's a need to know item) and I still haven't found anything on duration or intensity of illness.

But it seems to me, getting kids back in school with younger teachers (without the comorbid factors) while the older ones take distance teaching, while in-class schooling is no-frills, hammering on the 3 Rs without all the other crap, is the least worst approach to getting education going again. Kids are already being left short of what they need, if they lose a year, that's going to leave America even dumber, for at least a generation.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a bit interesting - thanks - and surely there is a lot more that is not being "reported" by some who should - because the overall actualities do not fit the agenda of those who are manipulating this situation for their own purposes.

But, I think under-reporting or not-reporting certain disadvantageous aspects is a much smaller problem than the data issue - there seems no sensible or dependable way to get a true handle on such things as number of cases detected, number actually being hospitalized/treated for actual Covid 19 and the number who actually die from this virus. Some of the mess is caused by sloppy record-keeping, some of it is sloppy diagnostic reporting, some of it is due to lack of adherence to any common and sensible set of criteria across all jurisdictions, some of it is due to manipulation for whatever purposes, and some due to ??.

I am willing to bet that NEVER will there be an accurate base of data on which to analyze any one of several important factors in this mess. So - how can anyone - even any of the parade of "experts" - actually know really has been, where things are, and where it is going to lead? Plenty ot posturing, plenty of speculation, plenty of opinion, plenty of manipulation - zero confidence in predictions.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I best watch out, been a while since I was 55

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Oh s hit......im 56

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
76, and coun---------- laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Easy now! I’ll be 57 in September..

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
That's a bit interesting - thanks - and surely there is a lot more that is not being "reported" by some who should - because the overall actualities do not fit the agenda of those who are manipulating this situation for their own purposes.

But, I think under-reporting or not-reporting certain disadvantageous aspects is a much smaller problem than the data issue - there seems no sensible or dependable way to get a true handle on such things as number of cases detected, number actually being hospitalized/treated for actual Covid 19 and the number who actually die from this virus. Some of the mess is caused by sloppy record-keeping, some of it is sloppy diagnostic reporting, some of it is due to lack of adherence to any common and sensible set of criteria across all jurisdictions, some of it is due to manipulation for whatever purposes, and some due to ??.

I am willing to bet that NEVER will there be an accurate base of data on which to analyze any one of several important factors in this mess. So - how can anyone - even any of the parade of "experts" - actually know really has been, where things are, and where it is going to lead? Plenty ot posturing, plenty of speculation, plenty of opinion, plenty of manipulation - zero confidence in predictions.

I saw a study two weeks ago that spoke about mortality numbers being much higher amongst the obese, people with existing respiratory problems and absolutely people with higher cholesterol numbers.

I have been seeing an orthopedic doc about my knee. He and I have had several in-depth conversations about the bologna virus. He convinced me of a cholesterol reducing regiment that he is on involving red Marine algae. 500mg

My cholesterol is high anyway so I figured I'd give the stuff a try. 3 days in and I already feel better. Apparently the Marine algae is incredibly beneficial to reduce cholesterol and the fat build-up in respiratory tracts... this in turn makes any virus weaker in its ability to attack and spread Wholesale in your lungs.

Who knows if my feeling better is psychosomatic or actual? I do know that the algae is dang cheap and I see absolutely no downside to taking it.

Your mileage may vary.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I also found some data from Montana that shows a little less than half, about 900, of the state's cases, are young adults.

What's a young adult? https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/cdepi/diseases/coronavirusmt/demographics

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by CCCC

I saw a study two weeks ago that spoke about mortality numbers being much higher amongst the obese, people with existing respiratory problems and absolutely people with higher cholesterol numbers.

I have been seeing an orthopedic doc about my knee. He and I have had several in-depth conversations about the bologna virus. He convinced me of a cholesterol reducing regiment that he is on involving red Marine algae. 500mg

My cholesterol is high anyway so I figured I'd give the stuff a try. 3 days in and I already feel better. Apparently the Marine algae is incredibly beneficial to reduce cholesterol and the fat build-up in respiratory tracts... this in turn makes any virus weaker in its ability to attack and spread Wholesale in your lungs.

Who knows if my feeling better is psychosomatic or actual? I do know that the algae is dang cheap and I see absolutely no downside to taking it.

Your mileage may vary.

Know what the possible side effects can be especially in older people.

Not knowing can vary your mileage.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I seriously wouldn't believe a single stat from anywhere about the 'Rona.

At this stage of the game with all we know about the virus and how the libs are controlling the entire narrative, if it's not apparent to you that the 'Rona is nothing but an overblown agenda-driven load of BS (yes I know it's a real thing and it kills, yada yada) you might want to reevaluate and kick yourself in the nuts for being an idiot ...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife maintains and publishes graphs and spread sheets on Covid-19. She was a straight A electrical engineering student 42 years ago.

I do not believe in Covid 19. I was a C average EE student 42 years ago, because I refused to do homework.

Discussions sound like this:
Me: I don't see any excess deaths compared to 2009.
Her:That is because of distancing.

Me: Hey Sweden is doing great without a shutdown. I am Swedish.
Her: You don't have no RCT [random clinical trial] data.
Me: No one has any RCT on Covid 19, and may not until the virus is gone.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Whitey,

The 20-29 cohort in the DPHHS report that is the top link on the page YOU link to. Table 8 or 9.

I'm still a young adult at 60.....

As for it being a hoax, the sick reality is that it CAN kill you and not in a pretty way. But it's looking like the younger (and healthier) you are in general, the more likely it's going to be an annoyance if anything.

I personally don't feel much risk from it. I can't remember the last time I had the flu, or even a flu shot. Others around me get hit or sick, but the worst I've had in the last five years was a one day "cold." My issue is, my Dad is 85, the only family I've got nearby, and he's a wreck with two strikes on his "factor" list. We enjoy each other's company and I'd sure like to know if I'm asympto, hot, done, or what the heckever. But testing is a facking JOKE here. Friend has mostly self quarantined himself for THREE WEEKS while waiting, asympto, for test results after a possible "contact." That has hurt his business and whether or not he gets that back is questionable. That's bad policy..

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
753 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 89 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.