Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Anyone had hands on? Been out for a while now.

Heard from trusted sources?

Communicates with Kestral, simply gives range and angle to the solver? Or what? This is of critical importance to me. Not interested in the on board solver or wizzmo Sig scope.

$1200? Hmmm, layaway. LOL

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/31/20.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Got a set a few weeks ago.

Pretty awesome combo with the Kestrel and I love that they have the Outdoorsman stud mount available.

When paired, the Sig gives yardage and then dope in its display and the Kestrels yardage/dope changes accordingly

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had a set briefly. Briefly because the circle "reticle" wasn't lined up with the laser and I was getting false readings consistently. The actual laser was outside the circle reticle at 6:30, and when I told that to the Sig rep he said it was 'within spec". That was baffling to me. Anyway, I thought the glass was decent, about like the Fury 5000 and Nikon Laserforce which makes sense, since they are likely made in the same Chinese factory. The Sig has HUGE eyecups, some have wandering diopters (hopefully fixed now) but the rangefinder is awesome, much better than the Leica 2200 I had. I didn't use the Kestrel, instead I just used verified data that I input into the Sig BDX app on the phone. Once the app pairs with your Sig device, you won't need the phone anymore. The sig will spit out elevation and windage adjustments based on data input into the app.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Still waiting for mine so I can't comment on it yet but Cameraland has is for $999.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
OK, thanks for the responses.
Originally Posted by Higginez
Got a set a few weeks ago.

Pretty awesome combo with the Kestrel and I love that they have the Outdoorsman stud mount available.

When paired, the Sig gives yardage and then dope in its display and the Kestrels yardage/dope changes accordingly

Is there an option as to what solver's solution is displayed? I mean, when paired with the Kestrel Elite, will the AB solution be the info displayed on both units? That's what I want, rather than the SIG solution. Double checking Hig.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I had a set briefly. Briefly because the circle "reticle" wasn't lined up with the laser and I was getting false readings consistently. The actual laser was outside the circle reticle at 6:30, and when I told that to the Sig rep he said it was 'within spec". That was baffling to me. Anyway, I thought the glass was decent, about like the Fury 5000 and Nikon Laserforce which makes sense, since they are likely made in the same Chinese factory. The Sig has HUGE eyecups, some have wandering diopters (hopefully fixed now) but the rangefinder is awesome, much better than the Leica 2200 I had. I didn't use the Kestrel, instead I just used verified data that I input into the Sig BDX app on the phone. Once the app pairs with your Sig device, you won't need the phone anymore. The sig will spit out elevation and windage adjustments based on data input into the app.

Bummer. Sig rhymes with dic.

Soo, any idea if paired with a phone using Shooter, that it'd display the Shooter' solution?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm not sure you can pair a phone with the Shooter app to the RF. I use the Sig BDX app which pairs with the units. As long as you enter correct data into the Sig that's what it will spit out. Hope that answers your question?

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Yes, it sends yardage and angle to the Kestrel and the Kestrel sends back its dope.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Higginez
Yes, it sends yardage and angle to the Kestrel and the Kestrel sends back its dope.

Cool! Thanks man. I think that's exactly what I have been waiting for, plus binocular in one.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm not sure you can pair a phone with the Shooter app to the RF. I use the Sig BDX app which pairs with the units. As long as you enter correct data into the Sig that's what it will spit out. Hope that answers your question?

Good 'nuff JG, thanks. Sorry yours didn't work out.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does it really matter whose dope is used at a hunnert yards?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

What seems as quite obvious to most anybody, never is to everybody. I'll just SWAG it that LRF's, Bino/RF's, etc are real relevant at 100 wouldn't you?.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Still waiting for mine so I can't comment on it yet but Cameraland has is for $999.

On backorder and that ain't going to work here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are awaiting a rather large shipment of them and hope to have them back in stock in the next few weeks

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

You must mean 85 yards? My typical miniature deer "harvest" distance. We'll see.

So, out to 800 the on board AB Ultralight solver oughta work. BEYOND, use the Elite AB solution from the Kestrel, that's displayed right in the binoc. Sounds eggzackly what I want. Range solution twist shoot, shoot shoot shoot.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/31/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
We are awaiting a rather large shipment of them and hope to have them back in stock in the next few weeks

OK.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Hmmm. Do I need this?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Hmmm. Do I need this?

Of course you do.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.