Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Looking for a suppressor for my Christensen Arms MPR in 6mm Creedmoor. Thanks!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Dead Air sandman L or sandman s

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thunderbeast and get it in 30 Caliber regardless whose you buy so that you can use it on more rifles. The lost suppression from the bigger hole isn't much if we can tell at all IMO

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Silencerco Have been excellent suppressors from me, I have three no issues I have one in jail. I hear dead air as previously mentioned makes an awesome can.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Thunderbeast and get it in 30 Caliber regardless whose you buy so that you can use it on more rifles. The lost suppression from the bigger hole isn't much if we can tell at all IMO

Agreed

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I use a Dear Air Sandman Ti on my hunting rifles and it's been everything I could have wanted. For whatever reason, the Ti was significantly less expensive than the other Sandman models when I bought it, so maybe there's something about titanium that folks don't like.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/ultra-7

I'd recommend the models with the muzzle brake adapters rather than direct threading it rifle to rifle.

Last edited by 007FJ; 07/31/20.

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I didn't explain the other reason for the brake style. You can buy the different rifle barrel threads that way as you decide to move it to an AR for instance which would be 1/2" (5,56) or 9/16" for a 6.5 Grendel yet still use it on your 5/8 threaded 308.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've spent big money on suppressors before, but at this point, but if I had to do it over again I'd just buy yankee hill cans.
They're an incredible value for the money. You could buy 2 or three for the price of the thunderbeast.
Unless you're way down the precision shooting rabbit hole, just go YHM.

Also- I prefer short and loud cans that don't epically f up the balance of the gun.
Super quite cans seem cool on paper, but strapping 8" and 20 onces on the end of barrel is kinda dumb IMO.
If I can make a centerfire rifle sound about like a unsuppressed 22LR or 22 Mag, I'm happy.

If you're doing a range session you should be wearing plugs for the sonic crack, anyhow.
The quietest can in the world can't stop that.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Has anybody ever actually used one of these?
They seem kinda like a POS.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CaptArab
I've spent big money on suppressors before, but at this point, but if I had to do it over again I'd just buy yankee hill cans.
They're an incredible value for the money. You could buy 2 or three for the price of the thunderbeast.

Also- I prefer short and loud cans that don't epically f up the balance of the gun.
Super quite cans seem cool on paper, but strapping 8" and 20 onces on the end of barrel is kinda dumb IMO.
If I can make a centerfire rifle sound about like a unsuppressed 22LR or 22 Mag, I'm happy.

If you're doing a range session you should be wearing plugs for the sonic crack, anyhow.

This isn't wrong to consider either especially the part about shorter cans. 9" Long suppressor on a 22" barreled AR-10 is a monster to handle especially with the bipod. I assumed from the rifle listed at first though he was going down the precision rabbit hole!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got the YHM Resonator. Love it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I appreciate the options, I'm thinking of a 308 cal that I can use on my 6mm CM, 6.5CM, 308 and 7mm RM, all Christensen Arms so I think they should be the same.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

Some wisdom in this post. I would add though, that Thunderbeast really stands behind their products if you have an issue. I'm sure YHM might as well, just no experience with them.

Last edited by atomchaser; 07/31/20.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

Cans draw a lot of attention. Why would you risk a felony to save a few hundred bucks and a bit of a wait?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Legal to own until the moment you screw it on our barrel, with out a tax stamp it is then a federal offence.

I have several suppressors and like my Lane Scorpion 223 best and the Lane Rimfire second best. They come apart easily for cleaning and they are great folks to deal with unlike Silencer Co and Gemtech who have never returned my call or emails. Lane Silencers www.lane-products.com

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have the following rifle cans

Dead air sandman S, and direct thread TI
Silencerco omega

The Sandman s is just barley noticeably louder than the omega or TI

The omega is slightly higher pitched In tone than the dead air cans, But still sounds really good and is lighter in weight.

The sandman TI is the quietest but the longest can. Weight is like 1-2 ounces more than the omega and less than the sandman S

I actually don’t have a preference between direct thread and the keymo system that dead air uses for a mount I have seen multiple other brands using a brake mounting system get stuck after multiple rounds

The keymo has never gotten stuck on me or according to the class 3 dealer I use on any of his full auto rifles. Other brands did get stuck especially silencerco and AAC.

Don’t bother with buying different size end caps for different calibers. Not worth the money at all as you cannot tell the difference I assure you. I tried

Thunderbeast are very nice, but the price is definitely up there. I couldn’t justify the price of admission vs the others.

I have noticed a POi shift with cans on and off, but it is absolutely repeatable and predictable enough it doesn’t matter.

Biggest piece of advice is get one! You won’t regret it

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

thunder beast ultra 7...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have shot both the Silencerco Octane 9 and the 300 Harvester............. they work well.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (11point, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.