Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Handmade Leather Shooting Bags

A-Frame $35
This prism shaped bag features 3 different height variations depending on which edge is at the top: 0.0", -0.5", and -1.0". The different height variations within a single front bag helps to eliminate the need for multiple bags of different shapes and sizes. Need a quick height adjustment on the forestock? Simply roll the prism shaped A-Frame to the next height adjustment for quick elevation gain/loss. A handle is sewn in for ease of carry. Weighs approximately 12.5 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x8"x8" (LxWxH); it's two 8" equilateral triangles, with three 8"x8" squares to make a prism—these measurements don't account for the drops of 0.0", -0.5", and -1.0" for the height variations.

Rabbit Ears $28
This a traditionally shaped rabbit ear for use as a rear bag. Weighs approximately 3.00 lbs when filled with rice. Lower Bag: 5"x4"x3"; Ears: 5"x3"x2" with a 1" slot between the ears.

Ramp $24
This angular bag features 2 different height variations depending on which edge is at the top: 0.0" and -1.0". This is a multiple purpose bag that can be used on the front or rear depending on the situation. Weighs approximately 3.75 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x5"x3" with height variation down, and 8"x5"x2" with the -1.0" height variation up.

Flat $22
This flat brick shaped bag serves multiple purposes: use beneath a front or rear bag for extra height, as an elbow pad, or as a standalone pad when shooting off of flat surfaces such as off the hood. Weighs approximately 3.50 lbs when filled with rice. 8"x5"x2"

Photo Gallery of Handmade Leather Shooting Bags The photos do a much better job of explaining the height variations.

The leather is 4oz top grain and can be done in a color of your choosing. Stitching will be done in a color that is complimentary to the chosen leather color, unless specifically stated otherwise. All stitching is done by hand. My personal preference is to fill with rice, but if you'd prefer sand filled or an unfilled bag that can be discussed—for personal/environmental reasons I will not fill the bags with plastic beads. If you want specialty leather such as bison, moose, elk, kangaroo etc. there will be an upcharge as these leathers are more expensive—this can be discussed on a case by case basis. Want a custom shaped bag? Let me know and we can work through it together to get you the product you want.

Shipping will be via USPS Flat Rate Boxes and the actual cost of shipping will depend on what's ordered and what can fit in which box (Small $8.30; Medium $15.05; and Large $21.10).

I will accept Check, PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle.

Please contact me via PM, response below, or email at Nick.R.Addisongmail.com to make a purchase.

-----------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am not a professional leather crafter; just a hobbyist determined to deliver a fine looking and performing product.

-----------------------------------------

I would eventually like to offer leather rifle/shotgun/pistol cases lined with shearling or wool. However, I'd like to make a few to workout the kinks before I offer them for sale, but keep an eye out.

Attached Images
Group Photo.jpg (71.74 KB, 1679 downloads)
Last edited by ClassyCanids; 07/31/20.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will take an A-Frame and a rabbit ears. Send me a PM with the total including shipping. I can do PayPal. Thanks

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by lightning
I will take an A-Frame and a rabbit ears. Send me a PM with the total including shipping. I can do PayPal. Thanks

PM sent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tag

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tag

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Tag

Relatively new user; what does tag mean?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ClassyCanids
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Tag

Relatively new user; what does tag mean?

Tag means you mark it so that you can easily go back to it later if you choose to. You can put in your "user name" and find the post again.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Paypal sent and confirmed for order, Thanks.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Id be a guinea pig on a rifle or shotgun case....if its awesome ill show everyone if its not ill tell’em i made it. Price it when you finish

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tag

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Bmbk
Id be a guinea pig on a rifle or shotgun case....if its awesome ill show everyone if its not ill tell’em i made it. Price it when you finish

Were you thinking shearling or wool lined?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Might consider what will fit into a Padded Flat Rate envelope.

Good luck.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will take a A-Frame, rabbit and ramp
pm for payment details
thanks al

"When it's over I want to hit the ground like a spent shell"

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Might consider what will fit into a Padded Flat Rate envelope.

I can fit a Flat, Ramp, or Rabbit Ears within a padded flat rate mailer. PM incoming for leather options.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by sfal
I will take a A-Frame, rabbit and ramp
pm for payment details
thanks al

PM incoming for information and leather options.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tag

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
tag

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
A-Frame and Rabbit Ears in 4 oz Buckskin Tan (aka Butter) Goatskin completed for Citrusdude. Will be shipping soon.

I've updated how I construct and attach the handle. I'm satisfied with the new and improved construction method, but I still plan to explore different ways to attach them.

Update: Once I've completed the current shooting bag orders I'll begin work on making some shearling or wool lined gun cases (rifle/shotgun and pistol).

Attached Images
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What size box will it take to ship an A frame bag? Thanks

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Jevyod
What size box will it take to ship an A frame bag? Thanks

Medium Flat Rate Box ($15.05)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
362 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 44 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,599
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.