Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle.

You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey Ds. College was not an option for him.

On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts.
He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need.

You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.

Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football.

Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers.

You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name.

For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us.

You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you.

We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.

But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL.

National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 11, 2020 “Veterans Day“ Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums.

Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.

Therese M LeMay

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Indy, we’re way past that point of respectability.

A long ways past and never shall we ever return to it.

Sadly.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AMEN Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Varmint Guy needs to fire one off too. He is good at those types of letters.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Varmint Guy needs to fire one off too. He is good at those types of letters.

SHEESH. !!!

Fart into the wind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been boycotting the NFL since 2012. There's nothing wrong with football. I just got sick of NFL Drama Theater and all their left wing Hollywood crap. I watch some high school football here occasionally on a local cable access station and find it much more real and down to earth than a typical NFL theatrical sports production.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Amen, Indy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fugg the Negro Football League! 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am a little surprised there aren't more folks here calling BS on this op-ed.

This country is about making the most of what you have. Making personal choices about your path, how you live your life, how you spend your money....... Personal freedom. Taking advantage of a God given gift (athleticism) even if you weren't blessed with a genius IQ. Flip the script: no one is lambasting the folks who are PhD's who throw a baseball like a girl.

What about the NFL players that SERVED? What about Alejandro Villanueva? What about Pat Tillman, who gave his life? What about the kids (back, white, or otherwise) who won a scholarship to an Ivy League school and made it to the NFL?

And then there is this..... It is really the crux of the author's ENTIRE intent:

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.

The author is painting the ENTIRE NFL player pool with one, broad stroke. Pretty revealing.

Pizz poor attempt, but some here are all aboard, hook, line, and sinker. We (conservatives) think the left is the "cancel culture" but half the folks here jump on board with this drivel and prove it goes both ways.

Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL.

But you've never know it.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911
I am a little surprised there aren't more folks here calling BS on this op-ed.

This country is about making the most of what you have. Making personal choices about your path, how you live your life, how you spend your money....... Personal freedom. Taking advantage of a God given gift (athleticism) even if you weren't blessed with a genius IQ. Flip the script: no one is lambasting the folks who are PhD's who throw a baseball like a girl.

What about the NFL players that SERVED? What about Alejandro Villanueva? What about Pat Tillman, who gave his life? What about the kids (back, white, or otherwise) who won a scholarship to an Ivy League school and made it to the NFL?

And then there is this..... It is really the crux of the author's ENTIRE intent:

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The author is painting the ENTIRE NFL player pool with one, broad stroke. Pretty revealing.

Pizz poor attempt, but some here are all aboard, hook, line, and sinker. We (conservatives) think the left is the "cancel culture" but half the folks here jump on board with this drivel and prove it goes both ways.

Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL.

But you've never know it.

The majority takes precedence for the whole of the nfl and the nba. Kneeling for BLM is condoning a lie and nurturing that lie

Not all here fully appreciate fantasy football. We can all justify what we do.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

The majority takes precedence for the whole of the nfl and the nba. Kneeling for BLM is condoning a lie and nurturing that lie

Well, it's not what I am witnessing.

Rockies home opener "ceremony" was tonight and I didn't see a single player kneel between the Rockies and Padres. The PA announcer even said, "please remain STANDING" as we play our National Anthem....." .........and everyone did.

Even with the BLM crap on opening day, I only saw a few players kneel. The MAJORITY of the black players stayed on their feet.

But hey, according to the article, every NFL player is a druggie, DUI convict, and domestic violence aggressor. And everyone falls in line.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
duck,

You love football. You'll find reasons to overlook the NFL's message and social engineering, just to get off watching a GAME. Are you easily addicted to anything else?

This isn't a personal attack on you. It's a blanket attack on anyone with twisted loyalties. The NFL's attack on America and its traditions should be met with an attack on their purse that funds the propaganda blitz.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Well, it's not what I am witnessing.

Rockies home opener "ceremony" was tonight and I didn't see a single player kneel between the Rockies and Padres. The PA announcer even said, "please remain STANDING" as we play our National Anthem....." .........and everyone did.

Even with the BLM crap on opening day, I only saw a few players kneel. The MAJORITY of the black players stayed on their feet.

But hey, according to the article, every NFL player is a druggie, DUI convict, and domestic violence aggressor. And everyone falls in line.

Really ?

As far as the nfl goes you only named 2 patriots. Were there anymore that were overlooked?

Did you see the nba game where all took a knee including the coaches and the referees? Can you name any patriots in the nba either.

Your enjoyment and fantasy football is fine if that’s what you enjoy as is your watching nfl games and fully supporting the nfl. But don’t expect others to follow your lead or buy any part of your rationale.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR all go bankrupt!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’m not supporting any sport at any level that does not support the US. My family gave up football years ago. The other sports are dead to us as well. Those overpaid athletes can choke on the vile anti-American values. They have killed their golden calf.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slowmover12
I’m not supporting any sport at any level that does not support the US. My family gave up football years ago. The other sports are dead to us as well. Those overpaid athletes can choke on the vile anti-American values. They have killed their golden calf.

I’d say it’s more about the Organizations than the sports, per se,

Of course they’re joined at the hip.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Originally Posted by windridge
duck,

You love football. You'll find reasons to overlook the NFL's message and social engineering, just to get off watching a GAME.

No, I reject the stereotype generally accepted here, that 100% of the folks associated with the NFL and other sports are racists thugs.

BTW, I **love** PGA golf... Fugg, those are the most white-privileged rich kids on the planet. So do I get a gold star? Hint: Plenty of golfers are massive pricks, too....

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Hope the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR all go bankrupt!

Well, as a free market economist and a big fan of this country and our economy, I will disagree.

The loss of a few billion in GDP, in this economic and political climate, would sting.

What kind of american ROOTS for the collapse of multiple major industries and the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs?

Last edited by duck911; 07/31/20.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of these guys can't read so writing them a letter is not going to have much impact.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.