Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911

Originally Posted by windridge
duck,

You love football. You'll find reasons to overlook the NFL's message and social engineering, just to get off watching a GAME.

No, I reject the stereotype generally accepted here, that 100% of the folks associated with the NFL and other sports are racists thugs.

BTW, I **love** PGA golf... Fugg, those are the most white-privileged rich kids on the planet. So do I get a gold star? Hint: Plenty of golfers are massive pricks, too....

I don’t think that anyone here at any time said that 100% are racist thugs. The problem is with the organization itself that tolerates such blatant disrespect, even aligns with it and encourages it.

That is the problem.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Been boycotting the NFL for years. Never watched NASCAR, MLB or the NBA anyway. If colleges start doing this [bleep] will stop watching them. No problem at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I could help, but I'd just as soon watch grass grow as watch mostly black folks fight over a ball. Never understood the fascination of watching ball games. Shooting and fishing I'm into, but never a ball game unless I'm trapped somewhere that has one on TV. Can't boycott something you never bought in the first place.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Indy, we’re way past that point of respectability.

A long ways past and never shall we ever return to it.

Sadly.

Yep...

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I agree not all professional athletes are spoiled pricks. It is just easier to identify them now, they are the ones squatting during the National Anthem when they should be standing. We all should be free to express ourselves and stand up for what we believe in but disrespecting our country and the brave ones who protect us is not the way to go.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Hastings
Wish I could help, but I'd just as soon watch grass grow as watch mostly black folks fight over a ball.

Would it be more entertaining if they were mostly white?

Very serious question.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ackleyman
I agree not all professional athletes are spoiled pricks. It is just easier to identify them now, they are the ones squatting during the National Anthem when they should be standing. We all should be free to express ourselves and stand up for what we believe in but disrespecting our country and the brave ones who protect us is not the way to go.

Very well said. I agree.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ackleyman

Well said. And idiots like Kaperdick who can't find a job make me smile!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not all are but there is a majority that are.

They seem to forget that the folks with enough money are the ones that are pissed at this.

Nascar lost me when Bubba did his thing because i never thought of him as just a black driver.

Now because of things the bosses did i no longer want to have anything to do with them.

They have a right to express their opinion but folks have the right to spend their own money the way they see fit.

Any protests should have been off the field because there is no place for that there.

They will learn.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Free market, are you kidding? Goodell makes 40 million dollars a year and he and his office/workers have tax exempt status. You’re joking right. He sucks at the helm and I would also blame the owners. We all know what BLM is, a Marxist anti American Org and Goodell thinks this view is pro America. Good luck selling that. You’re going to see the death of professional athletics as we know it. Do you actually think Antifa and BLM work hard for their money and spend $8k on season tickets or even watch sports on TV. Goodell is an idiot as he doesn’t even realize his audience. There is no place for political protest at work, I dare others to try it in their place of employment. Professionals in sports can buy an editorial page and write thousands of words on their political and social views on their own dime and time, that’s fine with me. Don’t bring it to the job, just shut the F up and play ball.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ditka told TMZ Sports: “If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country. That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned, so I’m only going to say what I feel.”

Ditka has done more for FORMER NFL players (even the black players), than the NFL and NFLPA with his own organization.

He's been labelled a racist now...

David Mulugheta, who is the president of Athletes First which represents Aaron Rodgers, Derwin James, and Earl Thomas among others, took issue with Ditka’s comments.

“This doesn’t surprise me at all. Mike Ditka traded his helmet in for a white hood as soon as he retired from football. Racism hiding behind faux patriotism is still racism"

[bleep] the NFL and its greed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL...

When the National Anthem is played, and the entire team now kneels, how do you determine which are the Conservative ingrates?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Free market, are you kidding?

No, I'm not, and you are about to make my point:

Originally Posted by Rossimp

Goodell makes 40 million dollars a year and he and his office/workers have tax exempt status. You’re joking right. He sucks at the helm and I would also blame the owners. We all know what BLM is, a Marxist anti

...and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.......

write thousands of words on their political and social views on their own dime and time, that’s fine with me. Don’t bring it to the job, just shut the F up and play ball.

Hey. If you don't like it.................. Don't watch it. It is REALLY that simple. And free market 101.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL...

When the National Anthem is played, and the entire team now kneels, how do you determine which are the Conservative ingrates?

Ask me when an entire team kneels.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Wish I could help, but I'd just as soon watch grass grow as watch mostly black folks fight over a ball.
Would it be more entertaining if they were mostly white?Very serious question.
No, I don't like ball games, and while I once felt bad for black people (I was raised in cotton country in the 50s) I am very fatigued with them now as a group. But I just don't like watching ball games. You apparently do, that's ok.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I won’t be attending or watching. My team won the SB and I have forfeited my season ticket purchase and will not be watching. Like you say that’s my choice I do not have to pay to attend a re-education camp weekly prior to kickoff, to that I say to the NFL [bleep].

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Hope the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR all go bankrupt!

Well, as a free market economist and a big fan of this country and our economy, I will disagree.

The loss of a few billion in GDP, in this economic and political climate, would sting.

What kind of american ROOTS for the collapse of multiple major industries and the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs?

Sporting leagues don't make anything tangible, they are entertainment, so they are just another venue to moving money from one set of hands to another. All the beer and hot dogs that are sold at sporting events will still be sold, just in different places, as we will soon see when the games are played in empty stadiums. COVID-19 might kill professional sports 'cause fans will see how much they're getting screwed by the teams for tickets, parking, and concessions when they can't go to games and get out of the habit.

The only professional sport that I follow is the NFL and I only follow the NFL for betting purposes. I don't care what the players do on the field, I just care about the teams that I bet on that week win for me.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like watching football.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
To be 100% clear:

I 100% support anyone who does not like sports, for any reason. IDGAF.

And I 100% support someone who likes any sport, for any reason. More power to you.

And I 100% disagree with anyone who judges anyone else for their decisions, above. It is a free country.

Pretty much sums up my position. To each his own.

It's not like we are debating the KKK vs. Black Panthers ping pong world championships.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I only follow the NFL for betting purposes. I don't care what the players do on the field, I just care about the teams that I bet on that week win for me.

Oh man. You have not seen the attacks on me for the exact same position????

Buckle up!!!

No conservative here thinks others should wager their money as they feel fit.....

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 37 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.