Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Boomers have boycotted lots of stuff with no affect. Nike, Yeti etc

My guess is an NFL boycott by anger old guys won’t matter.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I took issue with the NFL when they denied the request of the Dallas Cowboys to wear a decal on their helmets to honor the officers killed in their community. They said it violated a strict uniform policy. But its totally ok to wear social justice themed decals. The NFL drew that line in the sand and I won’t cross it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
THE ONE thing Americans should never do is disrespect the American flag...But those players have the right to do that and we fans or ex fans, have the right to boycott the players.

Illegitimi non carborundum

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I stopped watching over a decade ago and haven't missed it for a moment.

Tarquin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Since the NFL supports BLM with cash donations .I have no use for them.Since The Players who kneel during the Anthem and their owners do nothing about it.I have no use for them.Since they are overpaid spoiled individuals who have been catered to for most of their life.I have no use for them.This would not have been put up during the Lombardi era.All participating would have been chit canned.JMHO,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm sure the marketing team in the head office has done the homework, and realize they don't need the audience that they might lose, and they will gain more young audience.

The sports and entertainment worlds have pretty much merged. It's a different thing now.

Myself, I've never been a sports fan of any type, but I see a big change even from my seat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some people can literally rationalize anything. It's like listening to Democrat politicians arguing for welfare programs. Yeah a bunch of people are just stealing free schit from the rest of us but some people really need it... You have to take a stand one way or the other. The organization as a whole is condoning and sometimes celebrating absolutely disgusting and anti American behavior- period. Oh, but everyone doesn't do it. So what??? Many do and will, and nothing is done about it because people keep enabling the behavior with their money. As long as people keep rationalizing and financing the behavior the NFL will never change. And you will always be part of the problem, not part of the solution. Man up and at least take ownership of your role.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sports has merged with Disney, and names like Beyoncé and Jay-z.

It's all about selling merchandise, and mindsets. And it's not targeted to us boomers (dinosaurs).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
I like watching football.

I heard heroin addicts like heroin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Calvin
I like watching football.

I heard heroin addicts like heroin.

LOL.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You piece of dog poop.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will the NFL be responsible hero's and wear masks while they play? After all this deadly, exponential, virus can only be combated by universal adherence to social distancing and mask use.
As the honorable athletes they profess to be, this surely will be the new normal.
Lol

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by duck911
I am a little surprised there aren't more folks here calling BS on this op-ed.

This country is about making the most of what you have. Making personal choices about your path, how you live your life, how you spend your money....... Personal freedom. Taking advantage of a God given gift (athleticism) even if you weren't blessed with a genius IQ. Flip the script: no one is lambasting the folks who are PhD's who throw a baseball like a girl.

What about the NFL players that SERVED? What about Alejandro Villanueva? What about Pat Tillman, who gave his life? What about the kids (back, white, or otherwise) who won a scholarship to an Ivy League school and made it to the NFL?

And then there is this..... It is really the crux of the author's ENTIRE intent:

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.

The author is painting the ENTIRE NFL player pool with one, broad stroke. Pretty revealing.

Pizz poor attempt, but some here are all aboard, hook, line, and sinker. We (conservatives) think the left is the "cancel culture" but half the folks here jump on board with this drivel and prove it goes both ways.

Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL.

But you've never know it.

With all due respect you're really out of touch. Your justification at this point in the current world events shows epic idiocy ...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...Surprise! There are PLENTY of well educated, respectful, law-abiding, God-fearing, conservative players in the NFL...

When the National Anthem is played, and the entire team now kneels, how do you determine which are the Conservative ingrates?

Ask me when an entire team kneels.

The NBA shows you a glimpse you dipshit. The ones who actually stand (like 2 dudes out of 6 teams or something) are the ones having to defend their stance, their lives, their income amidst blatant BS you're defending. Get a clue you dumbass....

For anyone to defend MLB, NFL or the NBA at this time is really really enlightening.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There are "good" pro football players. Drew Brees and J.J. Watt come to mind and I am sure there are others.

However, the situation has two problems. The players kneeling, as bad as that is, is the minor one. The fact that the NFL as a corporate entity FUNDS BLACK LIVES MATTER which is a Marxist terrorist organization openly intent on destroying our country is the MAJOR one.

I say everyone do what you want to do. I am not a big believer in the effectiveness of boycotts but I simply DO NOT want to watch them anymore.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Some people can literally rationalize anything. It's like listening to Democrat politicians arguing for welfare programs. Yeah a bunch of people are just stealing free schit from the rest of us but some people really need it... You have to take a stand one way or the other. The organization as a whole is condoning and sometimes celebrating absolutely disgusting and anti American behavior- period. Oh, but everyone doesn't do it. So what??? Many do and will, and nothing is done about it because people keep enabling the behavior with their money. As long as people keep rationalizing and financing the behavior the NFL will never change. And you will always be part of the problem, not part of the solution. Man up and at least take ownership of your role.

Thank you, my thoughts as well. Fugg the Duckofdeath and Fugg the NFL.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not watching anything with an empty stadium.

Period.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GregW

With all due respect you're really out of touch. Your justification at this point in the current world events shows epic idiocy ...

The Duck O' Kghunt is a flaming homo.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fugk the NFL and that Flaming Elton John loving Q ueer Duck911 !!!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If we quit going to and watching games, they won’t have as much as a revenue source. Stop buying products that are advertised on games. Write those companies and let them know that.

Teach young people that the NFL cares little for the American veteran, alive and deceased. Show them why.

There is nothing saying that another league can be built. In the meantime, go to a high school game. I didn’t see a single act of disrespect all of the last two years in going to them.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (17Fan, 1badf350, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.