Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The wife and I were talking one day and she told me the hardest part about the cancer was not the treatment, it was telling her kids she had cancer, she felt like she was letting them down.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Nicosdad
Will be a M.D. Anderson on Wednesday for a blood work up and assessment .so we will see what happens .just got off the phone with my brand new case worker.she thinks because of my general health is way better than average if this is gonna get me it better come with its A game.guess working out and swimming with girls was more than just dad time.

There is one i drive by in Jacksonville when I visit Mayo

Which hospital?

Texas .Houston closer to me.wife's buddy got me on a fast track.she went to med school with one of the oncology ?think that's right anyways he is the the go to guy for my problem.we will see what if anything can be done.don't feel bad .we had rain this morning so kept busy reblueing a 1911for pop in law .rain stopped bushhogd till dark .funny just a sharp pain once n a while.V.A doc has looked at me 5-6times found nada.wife asked her friend to look me over ,that was a bit weird but she busted this qwic and was pissed .she felt a first year resident would have caught this.thanks for all the good words to man up stairs.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
IMO, you need ta get pissed off.

And then, get ta work.

It can be done.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well damn. Sorry to see this

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hang tough........... that is extremely critical.

I'm just now starting my third bout with the C-word. I've just recently been diagnosed at MD Anderson in Houston with a very rare (only 30-40 known cases in medical history) form of cancer that is not susceptible to radiation or chemo so surgery is the only viable option. Its called Sertoli Cell Cancer. In my case surgery is out also due to where the tumor is located against my aorta between the spine and the aorta in some lymph nodes. Surgery is 8-12 hours where they would gut me from below my belly button to my sternum to get everything out of the way to get to the tumor and then put it all back in place. Both Oncologists involved say that I would not survive the surgery and recuperation at my age. Robotic surgery is out also due to the concern over hitting a blood vessel in the tumor with a 2 inch incision for the robotic tool and suddenly I'm bleeding to death.

So......... Tuesday I have my first visit with MDA's Imunotherapy Clinic for "directed therapy" which means a custom designed therapy to attack the genetic mutation in the cancer cells. Its relatively new but it has delivered some amazing results so far. Fingers crossed....

I guess since I have had to deal with this C-thingy 3 times now that living only 20 minutes from an MDA facility in The Woodlands, TX and MDA"s main research hospital and clinic that is maybe 45 minutes away from our house in the downtown Houston Medical Center area has its benefits.

Good luck, God Bless, and again remain positive.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn the news. We'll lift you and yours brother.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear. I read once of pancreatic cancer patients surviving on Dr Burt Berksons protocol. ALA, LDN and something else. Might take a look at it. Some see it as quackery, but if it saves ya. God bless.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Prayers sent

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by BayouRover

I'm just now starting my third bout with the C-word. I've just recently been diagnosed at MD Anderson in Houston with a very rare (only 30-40 known cases in medical history) form of cancer that is not susceptible to radiation or chemo so surgery is the only viable option. Its called Sertoli Cell Cancer. In my case surgery is out also due to where the tumor is located against my aorta between the spine and the aorta in some lymph nodes. Surgery is 8-12 hours where they would gut me from below my belly button to my sternum to get everything out of the way to get to the tumor and then put it all back in place. Both Oncologists involved say that I would not survive the surgery and recuperation at my age. Robotic surgery is out also due to the concern over hitting a blood vessel in the tumor with a 2 inch incision for the robotic tool and suddenly I'm bleeding to death.

So......... Tuesday I have my first visit with MDA's Imunotherapy Clinic for "directed therapy" which means a custom designed therapy to attack the genetic mutation in the cancer cells. Its relatively new but it has delivered some amazing results so far. Fingers crossed....

I guess since I have had to deal with this C-thingy 3 times now that living only 20 minutes from an MDA facility in The Woodlands, TX and MDA"s main research hospital and clinic that is maybe 45 minutes away from our house in the downtown Houston Medical Center area has its benefits.

Best to you brother.I'm flying in the dark on this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't give in, only speak defeat to the disease.
Prayers for your complete recovery.
And a big thank you for your service.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hang in there OP, I know a few that have beat it. At least longer than the Dr. said. Hey, just being honest, but seriously,,,, hoping for your best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Best to you brother.I'm flying in the dark on this.

You're going to be in excellent hands with the folks at MDA. They are very thorough in how the approach things and the plan that they lay out for you will be precise in its goals. Trust in them.

On your part, along with the trust, keep your spirit up as everyone around you will need to see your spirit soaring to help keep theirs lifted. God Bless and here's hoping for a good recovery for both of us.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
The code I live by is,live well have pride but do not let it rule you.show mercy not weakness .love your God .your family.love your country.live your life so that while death will come it will do so with regret.I try to be each day someone that my girls can remember as a man worthy of their trust love and respect.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Prayer for healing, comforting, and strength.
Dave

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn’t wish cancer on my worst enemy, and I have little use for those who do. Good luck, and seek out the best possible treatment, and remember that cancer is beatable.......and don’t forget prayer, as it’s the most important part of all.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just saw this..hang in there little buddy. LMAO.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting, in this thread he says he has no kids of his own, just his two step daughters.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15096168/2

I'm blessed iv served with better men than n me .I have a wife who is a playground in looks and being a best friend.she has always let me buy the best bourbon n.cigars saying you earned that.I have no kids of my own 2 girls that are mine by her .if you don't know what MARSOC stands for mess with my kids .just keep looking at this moment in time and fear for my girls .in my head I allways was supposed be around.helpless is something I'm not used to .

Later on in the thread he tells us they are 15 & 13

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15096168/7
Kinda got my girls later in life .it was a package deal 1 hot strawberry blond n 2 balls of energy. First year was a wild ride .oldest is 15 youngest13.best buddy's I got .I'm 52 wife's well younger and that's all I got to say about that.wife tells the girls watch your dad don't let him do anything stooped cause I'm not house breaking a another one

But in this thread he is talking about playing with crayons with grand daughters.
The troll can't even keep track of his family tree.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...so-whats-you-gents-opinions#Post15025805

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Did the mean old keyboard commando make your puzzy sore? Shame on him! Here's a cuddly toy and a crying towel!

What about the jello, crayons, and playdough ?

Well I did have jello played with crayons this 4 .me and the grand girls had a good time .I can mostly stay in the lines .can you?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Paul_M

But in this thread he is talking about playing with crayons with grand daughters.

Looks like he did somethin stooped.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Looks like he did somethin stooped.

Stooped is as stooped does.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,085
Posts18,463,914
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.