Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jbmi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I have been online for two days now trying to order some fishing stuff,
Find what I want, enter it into my shopping cart and try to check out.
Won't let me take my " Club Points" , say's they are unable to do this at this time.
OK, so I'll call in my order,
Call Bass Pro, wait time is told to be 5 min, after 20 hang up.
Call Cabela's, same thing,, can't get through even after waiting longer than what they say.
I guess I'll just try and buy local, these guys are killing their clientele, no wonder their sales are down.

Last edited by jbmi; 08/03/20.

"The older I get, the better I was"
BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Give them another 18 months, and the company will be utterly worthless as well.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I stopped in the local store last week. Didn't have anything I was looking for in stock.

Huge clothing selection though, go figure.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Both gone downhill.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cabela’s has been on a downhill slide for a while; the bass pro acquisition just quickened the descent. The last time I was in the store it became painfully obvious that the slide is now more of a free fall.

IC B2

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Cabelas went to heck after Bass Pro took them over. Back in the day when the Cabela brothers owned and ran the place it was great. But they lost control when it went public on the stock market and then was sold over to Bass pro by a corporate raider who leveraged the stock. I grew up in CO just below the NE border and the corporate headquarters of Cabela's was just 16 miles from me. I used to go to the big store there on I-80 and I often saw the Cabela brothers in the store talking to customers and even helping them out. Both were really nice guys but they have gone to the great hunting camp in the sky. last time I was in a Cabela's store I left without spending a dime.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
No wonder they have large stocks of clothing, it's all Chinese made crap that falls apart after a few wearings. I bought a couple pairs of their Red Head brand cargo pants, they didn't even last a year.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
What store isn't worthless right now? I see plenty of out of stock items at every store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bass Pro will let you complete an online order for in-stock items with a free-shipping total cart price, then email you the next day and tell you what they are actually sending you. They'll cancel your items that they don't have, but if they happen to come back in stock within a few months of your order, they'll reactivate that part of your order and charge you shipping as they send things out. I had a box of ammo show up at my old address about 2 months after I moved to another town. I told them I'm done with their online orders.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I even went into a Walmart to pick up some oil and antifreeze the other day... I haven't been in one much since this Covid crap scam.... but a lot of the shelves in the sporting goods dept, were empty like the day after Christmas....

Truckers are even refusing to drive during this Covid crap...

it also costs stores a lot of money to just have stuff sitting in the warehouse, or store shelves and not moving...

its everywhere, even our local supermarkets...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They've been 'worthless' for years now... I've only been to one once in the last 15+ years, and that will be the LAST time...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
I even went into a Walmart to pick up some oil and antifreeze the other day... I haven't been in one much since this Covid crap scam.... but a lot of the shelves in the sporting goods dept, were empty like the day after Christmas....

Truckers are even refusing to drive during this Covid crap...

it also costs stores a lot of money to just have stuff sitting in the warehouse, or store shelves and not moving...

its everywhere, even our local supermarkets...

That's likely why the USA's GDP is down over 30% this year. That's well beyond what happened in 1929. In fact, its about 2.5 times the economic contraction that happened in the first two years of the Depression. Companies like Bass Pro/Cabelas that sell cheap China crap to an increasingly limited market at exorbitant prices are going bye-bye.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Redneck
They've been 'worthless' for years now... I've only been to one once in the last 15+ years, and that will be the LAST time...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
On a positive note Cabelas now have great selections in women's Chinese pink Camo clothing and hats

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ribka
On a positive note Cabelas now have great selections in women's Chinese pink Camo clothing and hats

"Positive", indeed.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been trying to buy US-made hunting clothes when possible; failing that, stuff from places not actively trying to kill us. Have picked up some nice quality unissued military camo from Sportsmans Guide pretty cheaply. Bought a couple sets of Hungarian Woodland-pattern ripstop pants and shirts, plus a French Gore-Tex parka at half the price of an identical (except for the left-hand zipper) used GI one.

Last Cabelas I was in was the Gainesville, VA one in 2017 or 18. Good supply of loading stuff, but knowing what I'd find, I didn't even look at the clothes. Anyway, my circa 1990 US-made Cabelas Gore-Tex Thinsulate parka soldiers on, still waterproof and apparently, lucky. Lotta deer went down while I was wearing that one.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Only reason I’ll go in there anymore is if I fail to plan ahead well enough and need backpacking food at the last minute.

Chinese garbage, no In-demand ammo, and overpriced firearms Is all they got anymore.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by ribka

"Positive", indeed.

curious on their financials. Cant believe they stay in business

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabelas was slipping badly well before the Bass overtake - could not figure what they were trying to do and why, but the slide became more and more noticeable. Ten years ago I simply quit going to a place that once had seemed top drawer. Fortunately, still have some of the earlier Eddie Bauer and Filson wear and all of the excellent gear I ever will need.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Went to a Scheels for first time last week. I only went into hunting area. Huge store, well stocked, some very good prices, some not so good. I’ll go back.

NRA Patron
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 83 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.