24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can feel the air rushing past my boobies just looking at it.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't forget the talcum powder and spandex....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice bike, rewarding your own hard work is cool, ride carefully and beware of coal rollers.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
...2 years ago I was a 360 lb dying man. Today I'm 170 lbs and faster and fitter than I have ever been in my life at 52 years young...

Nice bike and fantastic achievement.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Congratulations on a seriously nice bit of kit from a fellow Lemond fan. I feel I should warn you-they are addictive!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Appreciate all the nice comments. I am not one of those arrogant cyclists that thinks THEY own the road. My usual ride is a 30 mile loop of low traffic county road starting at my driveway that I ride about daylight. I do my best to give way to traffic. I will just pull over and wait if I hear a big truck coming or if I can see a car behind me in time to get off the road safely. For me riding this bike is just like someone going out for a mourning jog. My century will most likely be on the Natchez Trace.Yea,the road is dangerous but so is living.I don't know anyone who made it out alive.

I also have other bikes that I ride on gravel only. Where I live,I can leave my front door and do 6 miles of paved county road and be in the Bankhead National Forrest. Once there.I can ride good dirt roads for 50 miles without ever doubling back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First, congrats on your personal victories - the best stuff - and that is a really cool bike. (I need to spend more time on one - would trade you my 1966 Schwinn 3 speed skinny tire ride - plus quite a few bucks in your pocket.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've had several friends hit and one killed. It's part of riding on the road. There's risk in everything.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Drove to Cumming Georgia yesterday from Haleyville Alabama to pick up this 2006 Steel and carbon beauty. Steel frame where it counts and carbon where it helps,she weighs 18lbs and is absolutely an incredibly smooth fast ride. I am going to do a century soon on her. Yea,I'm crazy but loving it! 2 years ago I was a 360 lb dying man. Today I'm 170 lbs and faster and fitter than I have ever been in my life at 52 years young.

https://www.theflowmarketplace.com/listing/5cec149c0a9d20000025df80/lemond-croix-de-fer-bicycle

If anyone can help me get the actual pictures up instead of just the link,I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Man, I need to follow your example. I am in the same boat.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've had several friends hit and one killed. It's part of riding on the road. There's risk in everything.

Yep, one hombre I knew lived for riding. When he retired he was mushed dead three months later by some wench who was texting and driving.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wow, I like the looks of that Lemond. The old school shifters just seem to be in the right place. Quite a bargain at $550. I hope you enjoy it!

I had a good friend that had several Colnagos, and was a hardcore rider. I couldn't believe what he spent on his bikes.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Glad you lost weight, your half the man you used to be.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Yea,it's funny sometimes how we view things. I mean honestly, how many people die in hunting or shooting related accidents,or hiking,or camping? Risk is just part of any living. You might even die sooner from laying around drinking beer and eating hot wings. LOL

We just got to do the best we can to mitigate the risks and still enjoy this short time we have. The worst thing for me would be to get to the end of my life and realize I never did the things I enjoy and wasted the largest part.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/03/20.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...The worst thing for me would be to get to the end of my life and realize I never did the things I enjoy and wasted the largest part.

It was precisely that line of thinking that preceded my buying this 21-year old bike. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pal
...The worst thing for me would be to get to the end of my life and realize I never did the things I enjoy and wasted the largest part.

It was precisely that line of thinking that preceded my buying this 21-year old bike. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dang,that's nice! I went to try out a Lansky with full Ultegra and ENVE fork. Guy wanted $1500 and it wasn't as smooth riding and shifting as this one I was blessed to buy for $550.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Congrats RH, so happy for you, and proud. Great job keeping your weight off, and I wish you many happy and safe hours on that beautiful, and fast bike.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (308ld, 338reddog, 35, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,569 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.