-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just stop and call the cops, if he tries to break into the cab, HURT him bad.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
I think the driver should have ignored the guy. When he stopped for his delivery the guy could get off and hitch hke back home.
That's a road tractor with doubles. He could well be going 400 miles or more before he stops. While the idiot on the hood is clearly in the wrong, I'm betting the driver is in very hot water, too, especially when ABF's safety director sees him swerving like that. He'll likely lose his job as he's endangering traffic.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I drove over the road for 7 years. About 150,000 miles per year.
I prepared for all kinds of contingencies, but this is a new one.
This driver is a dumb ass. He should have just pulled over onto the shoulder and called the cops. It is obvious that this guy didn't have a weapon.
But when I was driving, I did. Had a sharp buck knife, and a ball peen hammer close at hand.

Lock the doors, pull over, call the cops and wait. Very unlikely the guy could break out a window in fact, just about impossible. Obviously he is a nut cake, either stoned or real crazy, or both. Really, a pitiful figure.

As Rock Chuck said, this driver is in very hot water with his Safety Department. This driver could have caused a big wreck on the road. Or, the guy could have fallen off, and the ABF truck runs him over and kills him. That is getting close to vehicular homicide or manslaughter. Not to mention a massive civil suit against ABF. This is one of the big trucking companies in America. You might say it would be unfair for the relatives to sue ABF, the nutcake on the hood caused the problem.
Shyster lawyers are lined up to sue truck companies, mandatory minimum insurance is $750K and believe me ABF has lots more than that.
When the guys at the ABF Safety Department watch these videos, they will have to take a 10 mg Valium first, they will watch the video 3 or 4 times, and then they will go home and start chugging the Jack Daniels, and they will have nightmares for weeks. Or, for months.

Most of the big companies have forward-looking cameras, mounted on the windshield. That would be wild to see this scene, with the camera 3 feet away from the nutcake on the hood.

Lawyers don't care who was at fault they just love to sue the trucking companies, because the trucking companies have the money.

No, this driver is looking for a new job.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Since were throwing out wild ass guesses, I think the guy on the hood is the driver trying to get his truck back from someone who stole it while he was on his way back to the rig after taking a shower. ABF isn’t firing this guy, they’re going to give him an award at the annual chicken dinner for employee of the year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least give that fruitcake on the hood a ticket for not wearing a seat belt.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, Arkansas Best Freight, hope they don't fire the driver. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
3 Problems

1. Crazy person climbs onto the hood. Nobody has any reason. The person doesn't deserve to die for that. Punched, yes. But not killed.

2. Driver is trying to kill this person. He should have stopped, locked the doors. Wait for the crazy squad.
Instead he not only tries to kill this one, but endangers the lives of those all around him.

3. I understand the shock and awe, nervous laughter, but the car driver and video person are deranged. "Should we call the police?"
Many situations, I might say no. This is attempted murder, not self defense. The guys in the car are having way too much fun.

There's *way* too much craziness going on these days. People are fed up with it. That guy's lucky the truck driver didn't get out and shoot him off the hood of the truck.

My guess is as long as the driver was weaving the truck the guy was NOT punching on his window and folks would have a chance to call 911. At the end of the 9 miles the Trooper arrived to take him off with no further damage to the truck or the truck driver. The lunatic that jumped up on the truck has everything coming to him the Trooper can pin on him.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 08/03/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by persiandog

As persiandog's video explains, the guy got out of his car on the Florida Turnpike, on an exit ramp. This is, essentially, an interstate.
He wandered around, and got into the traffic on the road, causing the traffic to slow or stop. At that point, he jumped onto the hood of the ABF truck.
That truck had to be going slowly. If an 18 wheeler is doing 20 and you jump in front of it, you will be killed.

So the truck is stopped, or maybe doing 5 mph, and the guy jumps on the hood. At that point the driver needed to pull over onto the shoulder, lock the doors and call the cops, case closed. You can't break the windows of a vehicle with your fists.
Instead the dumb ass ABF driver ran it up to 30 or 40 mph and began swerving wildly, to knock the guy off. Had the guy fallen off and the truck ran him over, that is a felony for the driver. Vehicular homicide. Even worse his wild driving could have caused a big accident in which civilians were hurt badly, or killed.

The driver had the choice, pull over, or keep driving. By driving faster and swerving, he would have caused the man to fall off and then he was killed. The actions of the driver would have caused the death of a person.

That is why, six ways to Sunday this goofball driver is out of work.

However his driving career may not be over. He may well not have gotten a ticket. Three weeks from now he applies at another company, says he "left ABF" and they will probably hire him. ABF will tell the new company "He used to work here and now he doesn't." They will never tell why a guy was fired.
If he didn't get a ticket he is home free. Hopefully, the driver has learned a lesson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Decisions have consequences as they should. Stupid decisions sometimes have serious or deadly consequences. Guy climbing on the truck made a bad decision and deserved whatever happened to him. Truck driver escalated the situation. Should have driven to a safe spot and called the police. If the guy tried to break into the truck then he just made another bad decision.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There’s several videos of this incident, some of them show that the driver’s side of the windshield is severely damaged, apparently the nutcase had a pretty substantial piece of metal, and was able to puncture through, or almost through.

Can’t say I give the driver points for brains, but I’m not faulting him (her?) for not stopping until the trooper was present.

Better be fired by the safety weenie than eulogized......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
“Should we call the police?”

“ Hell no, this is way too good!“

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,220
Posts18,466,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.