OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Gulag Life

Squalor and then a predator is trying to eat your face too

😃

Mine is not "squalor".......................like some of your rentals with corpses in chairs and scheidt.

Juniper posts, hardware cloth and 2x8 boards to keep the diggers out, 1" chicken wire to keep the hawks out, a Mennonite built hen house...........................

They ain't gonna find that down in the chicken 'hood.

This Gulag dang near be some uptown scheidt.

Has to be some slow DNA fox material around there for it to wait for you to put on your bolo tie and zippered Florsheims.

Haha

slip ons bro, no zippers here.

[img]https://cdn3.volusion.com/qxhdt.hzhwy/v/vspfiles/photos/261BK-2T.jpg?v-cache=1506006652[/img]

But yeah, I figured he really had a hankerin' for yard bird on the wing, or he would have skedaddled as soon as the spotlight back there lit up.

Waiting around for an old man to get set up is just plain dumb, kinda like what Toothless Freddy the tweaker would do out in the garage if a person flipped on the lights. Instead of jumping on his STOLEN bmx bike and hauling ass, Ol' Freddy still be looking for something to swipe to feed that addiction.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Kill a Kangaroo Rat around here and you will get more time than if you killed a person.

Different variety up here and no shortage of them in the sagebrush.

I guess they don't do so well in plowed fields.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know he left out the part almost chitting himself that’s why I added it. Hell he probably brushed his teeth

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haha

Flashlight going all over the place like a hollywood premier at the chinese theater

Couple of bullet holes in the gulag roof and the fox twisted up in some wire, choking out and a cap popped into his brain pan for campfire cred.

😃😃

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Whew! I thought someome screwed the pooch and we were going to have another town burned down by BLM.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Details G....

Pistola used was a ????? 44 Mag, 357 Mag, 40 SW, a plain Jane missionary 9mm or a true and lethal 22 LR?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Details G....

Pistola used was a ????? 44 Mag, 357 Mag, 40 SW, a plain Jane missionary 9mm or a true and lethal 22 LR?

😎

In all his confusion he grabbed a track and field starter pistol fired a shot realized it was starter pistol. So back inside the house he goes. Stops for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake (mmmm delicious) anyhow back to the room grabs a pistol, sees his cowboy hat puts it on. Walks past the bathroom catches glimpse in the mirror so he decides to do a couple impromptu quick draws. Back outside he goes, realizes it’s a little chilly back inside he goes gets a jacket on, back out he goes to investigate the ruckus in the ol hen house.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice shootin', Geno.

Bet that got the heart pumpin'.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ringworm
Nail him to a tree .

I took his tail and he's resting out back, over the fence on the BLM land, where the buzzards can get him. If the coyotes don't drag him off today or tonight.

Coyotes gotta eat too.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Time to riot because FLM!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Last time a Chinee Fire Drill happened around here it was something like that, and funny as all get out.

I had gotten a moose and gave a leg bone to my next door neighbor for her dog. Mine got the other one - which I brought inside near dark. We have coastal brown bears...

She had given her dog the bone in her chain-link kennel. Along about midnight, there was a helluva racket over there. Year+ old cubs were trying to get at that bone, which had been left in the outdoor kennel when the dog came in. They were shaking the hell out of that chain link, trying to tear that fence down, the sow was moaning and bawling, raising hell trying to get her kids back in the woods, Cris was cutting loose with her air horn, her boyfriend was lighting up the area with camera flashes. The phone rang, and it was Cris: "I have bears trying to get in. Bring your gun!!!" OOOOOGGGAA! Flash Flash. OOOOGGAA! Hurry! OOOGGAAA!

I pulled some clothes on, grabbed my rifle, jumped in the truck (I wasn't going to run over there), and got there - all of 100 yards away, when 2 cars pulled in and 5 guys all with guns piled out.... She must have had all of us on speed dial!

The bears were gone by then.

2 days later I found the ground all torn up over my septic tank. I theorize those danged cubs could smell the moose blood I'd washed down the drain - or maybe they were just chiteating bears.

Last edited by las; 08/03/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Details G....

😎

From an earlier post
The little green dot coming out of the Bodyguard works really well.

.380 version.

Carry round, Barnes

Put little dot on critter, pull trigger.

Even Geno can do it.

Last edited by Valsdad; 08/03/20.

In it is contentment

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope it didn't tell all of it's buddies where you lived. grin

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
I know he left out the part almost chitting himself that’s why I added it. Hell he probably brushed his teeth

Haha

Flashlight going all over the place like a hollywood premier at the chinese theater

Couple of bullet holes in the gulag roof and the fox twisted up in some wire, choking out and a cap popped into his brain pan for campfire cred.

😃😃

Only thing I was worried about was the bastid charging me like a 5 ton elephant.

But, it did get my heart going as I like my chickens and I'm damn tired of chicken thieves. Going to have to put the .410 buy the door with a flashlight electrical taped to the barrel like my uncle did. Worked great when he came home from his linesman job at night and spied a bunny in the corn. Walk the rows, put light on bunny, pull trigger.

If I do that I won't have to worry about remembering the flashlight. I was just getting into the HOCKEY game too. Rough going, I been jonesin' for some ice action. No games since The Corona hit.

Going to put up a 3M hook on the wall by the door for the ear muffs. I can still hear dang good and want to keep it that way.

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Hope it didn't tell all of it's buddies where you lived. grin

Well, so far, since putting up the Gulag a couple of years back, there's one less badger and one less fox. Maybe the coyotes learn by other's experience??

This one, or his relative:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

turned into this one when it wouldn't leave the fence even with me shining that flashlight at it:

that one is not just sleeping.

In it is contentment

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Flashlights and shotguns? Isn't that cheating a bit? smile

"I might have heard, somewhere".....several decades ago, that snowshoe hare eyes glow bright pink when hit with a flashlight ray at night, and a scoped .22 rifle is easy stuff......

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Kill a Kangaroo Rat around here and you will get more time than if you killed a person.

S, S, S.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by ringworm
Nail him to a tree .

I took his tail and he's resting out back, over the fence on the BLM land, where the buzzards can get him. If the coyotes don't drag him off today or tonight.

Coyotes gotta eat too.

Vultures had found him by dinner time for me. The fox is just out of the frame to the left over the barb wire fence. Birds just took the closest perches.

I'll go out in the morning to see if the fox is still there, or what's left of him. That badger I put out there was dragged off the next day, not by vultures.

Had a bit of smoke this afternoon too.

In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
Flashlights and shotguns? Isn't that cheating a bit? smile

"I might have heard, somewhere".....several decades ago, that snowshoe hare eyes glow bright pink when hit with a flashlight ray at night, and a scoped .22 rifle is easy stuff......

There is no "cheating" in an all out defense of the Gulag. grin

Do them hares taste better when taken at night? I think I may have heard that somewhere.

In it is contentment

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
178 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 16 invisible), 1,844 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.