Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Haha you are funny!

I'm a lot of things but funny ain't one. A lack of a sense of humor at times is a negative virtue of mine...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends on the bow setup and when we are talking. I have killed many deer, turkey, coyote, and bears with XX75's.

Fixed heads I like now

Slick Tricks, I loved the Razor Tricks
WASP Sharpshooter Traditional
Muzzy One
Iron Will Wide
Valkyrie Bloodeagles
Day Six EVO X
Thunderhead

My go to head back in the 80's early 90's was Thunderheads and Muzzy Matadors.

I send ST a message yesterday telling them to bring them back. Best head ever.

H
H
I’ve killed a lot of deer with Rages but had my first failure last year. My neighbor killed the buck a week later and found my broadhead under the hide. It didn’t penetrate the rib cage. I think there are a ton of factors that have an effect on a head. Working at a processor in high school we used to find all kinds of heads, fixed and mechanical in deer.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Depends on the bow setup and when we are talking. I have killed many deer, turkey, coyote, and bears with XX75's.

Fixed heads I like now

Slick Tricks, I loved the Razor Tricks
WASP Sharpshooter Traditional
Muzzy One
Iron Will Wide
Valkyrie Bloodeagles
Day Six EVO X
Thunderhead

My go to head back in the 80's early 90's was Thunderheads and Muzzy Matadors.

I send ST a message yesterday telling them to bring them back. Best head ever.

It would be nice if they did.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Well,

The 150 grain Jeyklls are flying to the same POI as the field points out to 60 yards, and holding up to a Rhinoblock well - data point of one evening.

So far, liking the flight, and they are quiet - two people commented that they can't heard any whistle or hiss in flight.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Well,

The 150 grain Jeyklls are flying to the same POI as the field points out to 60 yards, and holding up to a Rhinoblock well - data point of one evening.

So far, liking the flight, and they are quiet - two people commented that they can't heard any whistle or hiss in flight.

Glad you like them so far. I think I am going to try to stick a Pronghorn with one this year.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
So I got my first kill with the Hyde Broad Head. Expanding blades bent a little but head looks solid still. Bull never took a step. The hole was wicked.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wow frown Glad this worked for you, Though I will be shying away from this one due to little near no mechanical advantage if no other reason.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Wow frown Glad this worked for you, Though I will be shying away from this one due to little near no mechanical advantage if no other reason.

Proof is in the pudding, nice bull and no tracking. What mechanical advantage do you speak of compared to other mechanical heads?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
decent looking head. but ill stick with my rage hypodermics, 63 deer with rages and none have dropped out of sight. mech heads make a difference when you have a bow that shoots 285+ fps, mine goes around 315. even perfectly tuned i still have a POI difference with fixed blades that i dont have with mech heads.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dale Perry owns Evolution Outdoors. Known him since the old Gravedigger days. Man makes some amazing broadheads. They just work. Fly great too. Guy knows a thing or two about accuracy as his heads are a mainstay atop the leaderboard at the 100yd BH challenge in Ariz. As for slicktrick heads....the razor was a great head. But man the wicked tricks are where its at. Very accurate and they leave a HUGE hole in stuff. There is a broadhead that will make its debut at ATA 2021 called the Trifecta. Good friend "Handsome Rob" Schneider of Rattler Grips designed them. They are on FB if you guys do social media. He is destroying big TX hogs with them on a regular basis. Single bevel heads available in fixed and mech variations. I will be shooting them as soon as he gets some quantity built up. They will be available in a 150grn for thise of you that prefer higher foc

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

I got nothing to say, you clearly know nothing of value on the subject. If you can't see and understand the edge there is nothing any of us can say to help you out of your hole. Good luck with whatever broad head you choose to shoot.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Dale Perry owns Evolution Outdoors. Known him since the old Gravedigger days. Man makes some amazing broadheads. They just work. Fly great too. Guy knows a thing or two about accuracy as his heads are a mainstay atop the leaderboard at the 100yd BH challenge in Ariz. As for slicktrick heads....the razor was a great head. But man the wicked tricks are where its at. Very accurate and they leave a HUGE hole in stuff. There is a broadhead that will make its debut at ATA 2021 called the Trifecta. Good friend "Handsome Rob" Schneider of Rattler Grips designed them. They are on FB if you guys do social media. He is destroying big TX hogs with them on a regular basis. Single bevel heads available in fixed and mech variations. I will be shooting them as soon as he gets some quantity built up. They will be available in a 150grn for thise of you that prefer higher foc

rattler grips are awesome. Not sure about the Trifecta I have seen them on his page but until I can test them Hyde's are the only Mechanical I'll shoot as of now. I typically don't hunt with a fast bow. Recurve, Long Bow, and Hoyt Vantage LTD so COC is paramount for me.

Right now my two heads of choice are Ironwill's and Hyde's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

rattler grips are awesome. Not sure about the Trifecta I have seen them on his page but until I can test them Hyde's are the only Mechanical I'll shoot as of now. I typically don't hunt with a fast bow. Recurve, Long Bow, and Hoyt Vantage LTD so COC is paramount for me.

Rob is a hunter. He set out to design a better broadhead. I believe he has succeeded

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Slick Trick costs about $10/head. The Hyde costs 20. I can't see the advantage. They're illegal here in Idaho anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A Slick Trick costs about $10/head. The Hyde costs 20. I can't see the advantage. They're illegal here in Idaho anyway.

So don't use it!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Rob is a hunter. He set out to design a better broadhead. I believe he has succeeded

Subjective! If you like it use it. I have 100% faith in my heads of choice. They work perfectly

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Proof is in the pudding, nice bull and no tracking. What mechanical advantage do you speak of compared to other mechanical heads?

The mechanical advantage I am referring to may apply to a fixed blade or a mechanical head. Dr Ashby suggest the optimum blade angle for maximum penetration will be a three tone mechanical advantage. If the cut diameter = 1" then the length of the cutting edge would be 3" for example. Very few broad heads offer the 3 to 1 mechanical advantage. Two to one may be more common. In this cace we are looking at what I would call .12 to one. Notice the decimal point.

Ashby has been around a long time & more recent years I expect he has seen a number of wheel share ramps. He uses the wheel share ramp to illustrate the concept of mechanical advantage. This is A bit more extreme to be sure. Ever see a 1 to 1 wheel share ramp? Id dare say no. Why? Mechanical advantage, lot easier to climb a 20 to 1 ramp than a 2 to 1 ramp for example. If this was not so then wheel share ramps surly would be a lot shorter. Wouldn't you say? Lot less space & material required for a 2 to 1 ramp as opposed to a 20 to 1 ramp, to be sure!

Looks to me like the mechanical blades on this head are more like a ax as opposed to a broad head. No thank you! See factor number four in the link below.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...19+Terminal+Arrow+Performance+Update.pdf

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
102 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,370 guests, and 665 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,867
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.