Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

DES MOINES, Iowa (KCCI) - A World War II soldier from central Iowa is finally home nearly 80 years after his death.

Private Roy Brown Junior, of Runnells, served in the Army during the war. KCCI in Des Moines spoke to the family who said they finally have closure.

Private Roy Brown Junior of Runnells was serving in the U.S. Army during World War II. On December 2nd, 1942, his unit was met with Japanese forces in present day Papua New Guinea and was reported “missing in action,” never found by his company.

His family never got closure on the 22-year-old’s death, until just last year. The Army was finally able to identify his remains.

Now Private Brown is set to return to Runnells in late August.

Beverly Erickson, a distant cousin, is Private Brown’s closest living relative. Erickson was sent a Purple Heart, a Bronze star and an array of other awards in honor of Private Brown’s service.

And now in a little less than a month, Brown will finally get the funeral service and proper burial his family says he deserves.

“It’s nice to know that he’s home now and buried,” Erickson said. “And given the service and what he needed, to have to be remembered for serving and giving his life for this country.”

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never forget.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Another hero. Glad he made it home.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Our dedication to getting our boys home, even 80 years after the fact, is one of the uniquely American traits that makes me proud.

We never forget those that gave their all and made the ultimate sacrifice.

God bless Private Brown and may God bless all of our heroes that are still stuck on foreign soil.....they’ll never be forgotten.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RIP, Private Brown.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I thank him, for his Service!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
A grateful nation awaits your arrival home, Private Brown.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
God Bless the Great Warrior! Welcome home Soldier.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
New Guinea was bad.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My great uncle Darrel Lewis was killed in the Phillippines in early 1945. Shot in the head by a Jap sniper.
So many guys were killed over there, they couldn't ship the bodies home, Uncle Buddy was buried in a military cemetary there in the Phillippines.
It was 1949, his father, a fairly wealthy attorney in St. Paul, had his body shipped back to the states and he now rests in the big cemetery in St. Paul Minnesota.

So, welcome home, Private Brown.

Welcome home, Warrior.

Rest In Peace.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My great uncle Darrel Lewis was killed in the Phillippines in early 1945. Shot in the head by a Jap sniper.
So many guys were killed over there, they couldn't ship the bodies home, Uncle Buddy was buried in a military cemetary there in the Phillippines.
It was 1949, his father, a fairly wealthy attorney in St. Paul, had his body shipped back to the states and he now rests in the big cemetery in St. Paul Minnesota.

So, welcome home, Private Brown.

Welcome home, Warrior.

Rest In Peace.

Welcome home Pvt. Brown and thank you to your uncle for his sacrifice.. My paternal grandfather served as an infantryman with the 1st Cav in the Philippines and was wounded 19APRIL45.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pvt. Brown, thanks for your service to your/my country so I can live safe and free. RIP and God Bless!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
RIP Pvt. Brown
WE will never forget.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Never forget.

Amen Dan! AMEN..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
R.I.P. Pvt. Brown, thanks to you and all others like you who have served our country.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
264 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.