-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered a closeout hunting coat from BPS. That went very well. I almost bought it last year at full price. Paying half that made me happy.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Went to local Bass pro yesterday, looking for a 6 gal feeder. There were 2 on display, none in stock. Employee said they cannot sell the display units, and not sure when they will get more, Apparently the manufacturers cannot get materials.
Cruised the ammo area, lots of empty shelves.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Leanord Brownell wrote in one of the Gunsmith Kinks books they sell about starting the business known as Brownells. There is an excellent book about how Roy Weatherby started his business. In reading these I have often thought that these men and others were in the golden age of firearms and hunting. Cabelas was started by 2 brothers from a small start.

I say that to ask a question of you guys. Is it possible in our day and age for a new person to come along and do what they did? I sure hate seeing so much of our industry wither away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its not just Cabelas, Bass Pro or sporting goods.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jbmi
I have been online for two days now trying to order some fishing stuff,
Find what I want, enter it into my shopping cart and try to check out.
Won't let me take my " Club Points" , say's they are unable to do this at this time.
OK, so I'll call in my order,
Call Bass Pro, wait time is told to be 5 min, after 20 hang up.
Call Cabela's, same thing,, can't get through even after waiting longer than what they say.
I guess I'll just try and buy local, these guys are killing their clientele, no wonder their sales are down.

This is the case with all the big box/internet sporting goods type stores during the COVID BS. They claim it's because they are operating with a skeleton staff.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
They've been 'worthless' for years now... I've only been to one once in the last 15+ years, and that will be the LAST time...

You may well be right, but how do you know how good a store is if you ain't been there in 15+ years?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Called up to a Cabela's in Arizona several weeks ago and agreed to pay $25 shipping on a gun I hadn't seen to my local Cabela's so I could see it and buy it from them if it was good.

Next thing I know they've charged my credit card for the gun that I hadn't seen.

They never called me before changing the charge from $25 to the gun price (they had my cell). Never sent me a receipt. Local Cabela's didn't know I'd been charged. If I hadn't looked at my credit card activity online before I went in, I'd have paid for the gun twice.

I informed the store manager in Glendale in very unhappy terms about how I don't appreciate doing business with companies that commit credit card fraud. Never heard back from him either.

Credit care fraud is exactly what that was.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I've noticed people having trouble with Midway USA as well. They're not far from me. I buy almost all of my reloading stuff at Grafs.com It's family owned and small town service.

I've dealt with Grafs. No complaints.

J
jbmi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Here's a classic Cabela's / BPS puck-up
Received an email from Cabela's @ 5:52 this AM (Aug. 4) offering a 10% discount on any order over $50.
Tried to us it and they said it was no good, Offer was for one day only (Aug. 3 )
What a bunch of dumb ars's.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
I stopped in the local store last week. Didn't have anything I was looking for in stock.

Huge clothing selection though, go figure.

Clothing is the focus in the Dania Beach BassPro by me.

Thankfully, can still find some shooting and fishing stuff there.

Guns.. Pfft.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I jumped on Cabela's website yesterday and bought a Sig Romeo 5 no problem. They're on sale for $149.99 with "free" two day shipping, on Mondays you get another 10% off if you use your Club Visa (I'll pay it off before next billing cycle), plus I had $28.00 in points. Took me longer to type this than it did to make the purchase. Should be delivered tomorrow.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I jumped on Cabela's website yesterday and bought a Sig Romeo 5 no problem. They're on sale for $149.99 with "free" two day shipping, on Mondays you get another 10% off if you use your Club Visa (I'll pay it off before next billing cycle), plus I had $28.00 in points. Took me longer to type this than it did to make the purchase. Should be delivered tomorrow.

Let us know if it shows up.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I used to think Cabela's guns were way over-priced... figure out their system and it is amazing how cheap they are.

Buy at 50% value and list at 150% value?

I have occasionally found some good deals in the gun library, but they have always been on things that were unrecognized by Cabela’s - micky stocks, etc. And then the pain of actually trying to procure them has eliminated any sense of a good deal. The last time I was in, it took over two hours to simply check out. Left hand didn’t know what the right was doing; the right hand didn’t know what the left was doing; and no one, including the “manager”, gave two [bleep]. Beyond frustrating.

Absolutely correct and part of the reason for the need to understand their "system." Hint, even their hang tags are wrong...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Won't let me take my " Club Points" , say's they are unable to do this at this time.
Call Cabela's, same thing,, can't get through even after waiting longer than what they say.
I guess I'll just try and buy local, these guys are killing their clientele, no wonder their sales are down.

This is the case with all the big box/internet sporting goods type stores during the COVID BS. They claim it's because they are operating with a skeleton staff.

What do you expect? How can they hire staff when the .gov pays everybody $600 per week to not work. Wait until you see the huge tax increases that will be necessary to pay off all the money the fed is printing.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What do you expect? How can they hire staff when the .gov pays everybody $600 per week to not work. Wait until you see the huge tax increases that will be necessary to pay off all the money the fed is printing.

They aren't going to increase taxes. They are going to collapse the Dollar and the economy (crisis), blame it on Covid and white racism (reaction), and then implement a new currency under a new "electronic economy" (solution).

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
Bass Pro should have let Cabelas die on the vine and just kept doing what they were dong. It sure didn't help them.

Cabela's used to be a great store. When I was a kid I sent all my lawn mowing money for fishing lures, it was the go to place before Bass Pro existed.

Bass Pro Shop has always sucked, it's a shame they brought Cabela's down to their level, even though Cabela's was already on it's way there.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I liked the in store Bargain caves at Cabela’s.

I’ve found a few deals on returned stuff. Even more of a discount on Cabela’s branded stuff.

Last Cabela’s i went in, a curtain covered up the entrance to the BC.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

I’ve found a few deals on returned stuff. Even more of a discount on Cabela’s branded stuff.

I don't think there are any left. Closed them all down. I bought a lot of stuff from bargain caves as well.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Always hated Bass Pro. Cabela’s was starting to wear thin with me before Bass Pro took over. The spiral down after Bass Pro bought them surprised even me. Don’t ever see myself shopping there again.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

I don't think there are any left. Closed them all down. I bought a lot of stuff from bargain caves as well.

I'm pretty sure BP shut down the bargain caves as soon as they took over (or shortly thereafter). I used to make a yearly pilgrimage to at least one Cabela's a year (nearest one is around 2 hours away) but I haven't made one in the last few years. Fugg them and BP.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.