Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Outlawing pit bulls is like outlawing AR rifles, it won't stop the maulings or killings.

AR rifles don't jump out of my safe, bash down my door, and go out and chew some teenager to death by themselves.

The AR rifle owner can control the AR. The pit bull owner can't. That's the difference. That's why pit bull owners are stupid and, frankly, evil, whether they know that or not.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have had dogs all my life and recently our beagle passed away so we started looking around and it seemed everywhere we looked there was an abundance of pitbulls. The rescue shelters had allot of them, the pounds had allot and there were many advertised on craiglist. I would not have one myself for reasons you folks have mentioned. It is striking so many are around though. Buyer's remorse? By the way we now have a new beagle.
Same here. Our beloved old beagle died back in May. In June we started looking around for another dog. 80% of the dogs in local shelters and on craigslist are pit bulls.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Outlawing pit bulls is like outlawing AR rifles, it won't stop the maulings or killings.

AR rifles don't jump out of my safe, bash down my door, and go out and chew some teenager to death by themselves.

The AR rifle owner can control the AR. The pit bull owner can't. That's the difference. That's why pit bull owners are stupid and, frankly, evil, whether they know that or not.

Well said.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I speak from experience.

One animal that I was mauled by was a big Chow.
This WAS a friends trusted dog....for around a year.
It knew me and I thought that I knew it.
One day, sitting in the living room watching TV, it calmly walked from the other room up to me. As soon as he got to me, he turned into the Tazmanian Devil.
My friend beat it and apologized. It was the first time he said it ever happened. He mangled my dominant hand.

The next week he did the same thing to his girlfriend's best friend who visited. It mauled har face.
He finally got rid of it. It was given to a farmer where it could run loose. ......and get plenty of exercise.
Hopefully it never came in contact with any people besides the owners

These breeds, if kept, must be treated with the same rules as a wild animal. If they harm someone like the terrier did to that girl, it should be destroyed immediately.

The other BIG problem is people like your friend. That dog should have been put down IMMEDIATELY! The fact that he let that happen again to someone else; well, I hope he got his ass sued right off and everything of value taken from him! There is a time and place for blood-sucking lawyers. Something is desperately wrong with people who value their damed dogs more than other people.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 08/04/20.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Prayers for the young lady.

1Minute
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"That's why the dog pounds are chock full of them."

My dog got out almost a year ago. He's Boston Terrier fence jumper mix and one hell of a escape artist. On 8/15/19 he got out. Usually he's back home within a couple of hours with a silly grin on his face. He was fixed so it wasn't to chase females. I've never seen him since that day. I figure one of several things happened. Someone picked him up and took him home. A crime as the dog has a chip Lots of coyotes roam in my "hood" so there's a chance they got him. Another though it was 105 that day and maybe the heat got him. There's also the chance dog fighters may have picked him up to use grooming their pit bulls for fighting. Quite a few dogs disappear due to those SOB's.

Anyway, for over a month I'd do about every other day hitting Pima County Animal Control looking to see if he'd been picked up. No such luck. The surprise was how many pit bulls they have in custody waiting for adoption. The way they have it set up you have to go past them to get to where they keep the smaller dogs and I don't think that was by accident.

I am always hesitant to step outside at night because there are no street lights and unless it's moonlit night, it's hard to see. We have a lot of people who own pit bulls in my "hood" and one or another is always getting out. I haven't seen one lately but as we're having a dry an extremely hot monsoon season I'm thinking their owners may be keeping them inside. I hope they stay there.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PJGunner

My dog got out almost a year ago. He's Boston Terrier fence jumper mix and one hell of a escape artist. On 8/15/19 he got out. Usually he's back home within a couple of hours with a silly grin on his face. He was fixed so it wasn't to chase females. I've never seen him since that day. I figure one of several things happened. Someone picked him up and took him home. A crime as the dog has a chip Lots of coyotes roam in my "hood" so there's a chance they got him. Another though it was 105 that day and maybe the heat got him. There's also the chance dog fighters may have picked him up to use grooming their pit bulls for fighting. Quite a few dogs disappear due to those SOB's
Paul B.
He might have just got shot by some trigger happy ass hole too. Lots of jack asses around that will shoot any stray/lost dog they see unfortunately.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I speak from experience.

One animal that I was mauled by was a big Chow.
This WAS a friends trusted dog....for around a year.
It knew me and I thought that I knew it.
One day, sitting in the living room watching TV, it calmly walked from the other room up to me. As soon as he got to me, he turned into the Tazmanian Devil.
My friend beat it and apologized. It was the first time he said it ever happened. He mangled my dominant hand.

The next week he did the same thing to his girlfriend's best friend who visited. It mauled har face.
He finally got rid of it. It was given to a farmer where it could run loose. ......and get plenty of exercise.
Hopefully it never came in contact with any people besides the owners

These breeds, if kept, must be treated with the same rules as a wild animal. If they harm someone like the terrier did to that girl, it should be destroyed immediately.

The other BIG problem is people like your friend. That dog should have been put down IMMEDIATELY! The fact that he let that happen again to someone else; well, I hope he got his ass sued right off and everything of value taken from him! There is a time and place for blood-sucking lawyers. Something is desperately wrong with people who value their damed dogs more than other people.

Happy Camper,
too bad your friend didn’t have the stones to kill that dog asap after it attacked you.
Then it attacks again, girlfriend’s friend

Then it gets to go off to run buck wild on some farm?

You gotta be trolling us. Cmon

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Amen.

Comparing a animal with a mind of its one to inanimate object is liberal thinking at its best.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
He might have just got shot by some trigger happy ass hole too. Lots of jack asses around that will shoot any stray/lost dog they see unfortunately.
Right

Last edited by Hastings; 08/04/20. Reason: added word

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
See a lot of people walking dogs downtown (trail system, dog parks, gentrification).

Queers, wiggers, spooks and mudsharks..................majority.
Hippies and Trump haters the rest.

Just waiting for some kid on a skateboard or bike to get nailed.

Had one killed a few yrs ago, family pet........got her in the neck.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got a wrecked Jeep off some hilljack.
Exchanging title and cash in his house....his chow growled at me in other room and walked away.

Said it never walks away like that...............and asked if I was armed.
Said yup, don't know who you are really, came to pay for the Jeep............I'm packin, guy w the trailer outside is packin.

He said "so you're not afraid of the dog?"

Told him "nope"....."if it came at me I'd drop it right here in your living room".

Last edited by hookeye; 08/04/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Right on dude!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hookeye
Got a wrecked Jeep off some hilljack.
Exchanging title and cash in his house....his chow growled at me in other room and walked away.

Said it never walks away like that...............and asked if I was armed.
Said yup, don't know who you are really, came to pay for the Jeep............I'm packin, guy w the trailer outside is packin.

He said "so you're not afraid of the dog?"

Told him "nope"....."if it came at me I'd drop it right here in your living room".

LIKE ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
As far as I’m concerned shelters should “eliminate” all pits/crosses from their inventory. Imagine that would shorten the injury quotient re to these adopted killers. They’re always begging for more funding...I’d think their feed bill would drop drastically wo having to care and feed these things.
I’ve an Airedale male 2 yr old. Pit comes ‘round him or wife gonna be a real short visit, seriously. Big time dog lover all 67 yrs of my life. Won’t tolerate it.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've said it before - the breed is schizophrenic. It's a brain defect bred into them. They can be the greatest pets in the world but something can trigger a complete change from pet to killer in an instant. Owners always say what great pets they are but theirs just hasn't switched yet.

150%

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dog breeds become fads. The current fad is pits but people don't understand the problem with the breed. The defective gene only manifests itself when something triggers the schitzo to switch and it's impossible to know which ones have the gene.

Pit bulls aren't even close to a "fad".

They are only popular with low income, low information, trash, that have no inkling about caring for or training a dog.

Pitbulls are plentiful and cheap, or free, and people that have a clue don't want them. They won't have them around their family or friends, or neighbors.

That's why the dog pounds are chock full of them.

I will add that there a few exceptions. A few good pitbull owners, and few good pitbulls.

Not entirely true. I live in a middle class/upper middle class neighborhood. I see idiots walking pit bulls regularly. I don't understand it. They are walking timebombs. They can be the nicest dogs you've ever met, then one day the switch is thrown and people mauled/killed. Or, other animals attacked or furniture destroyed. Psycho dogs.

Only reason I would own them would be if I avidly chased hogs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have had dogs all my life and recently our beagle passed away so we started looking around and it seemed everywhere we looked there was an abundance of pitbulls. The rescue shelters had allot of them, the pounds had allot and there were many advertised on craiglist. I would not have one myself for reasons you folks have mentioned. It is striking so many are around though. Buyer's remorse? By the way we now have a new beagle.

I'm so sorry this happened to this young lady. I hope she recovers way beyond what they think she will.

That's the potential answer to getting rid of the breed right there ,if the shelter didn't charge so much to adopt them a guy could get one every saturday take them out of town and off them on the spot. Gross irresponsibility that they try to adopt them out in the first place.

Our city pound used to euthanize any unclaimed pitbull/pitbull cross. Should have never stopped.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dog breeds become fads. The current fad is pits but people don't understand the problem with the breed. The defective gene only manifests itself when something triggers the schitzo to switch and it's impossible to know which ones have the gene.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet that the owner "rescued" them out of the goodness of her heart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd support a law that says if you have one you are required to keep $1,000,000 liability policy in effect.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,829
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.