Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

GB1

F
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F
Nice, train your own local citizen army.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
For some time we've been seeing good sheriffs standing against those that seek to destroy freedom. There seems to be a growing movement in that regard. I sure hope so anyway.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Flathead County S.O. has been doing that for decades.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most Arizona counties have or had a Sheriff's Posse. Volunteers who have horses and assist the Sheriff's office in things like mounted search and rescue, searching crime scenes for evidence, parking lot patrols at events like the county fair, etc. Each county sheriff uses the posse in their own way. Some are more active than others. You have to provide your own dress uniform and a work uniform and volunteers have to qualify with a handgun.
Most of the posses own property where they have a clubhouse and usually an arena. They have different events at the arenas and often make them available for community use. They used to have monthly "roundups" where the different posses would compete in events like team roping, calf roping, barrel rscing, relay races, etc. Usually a two day event with jackpot team roping on Saturday and the Roundup on sunday.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, that is remarkably reasonable. Kudos to tje sheriff and citizens.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Wouldn't it be good if all Sheriffs did this?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I emailed my County Sheriff's office and asked when they plan on following this example. I suggest everyone here does the same in your county.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I emailed my County Sheriff's office and asked when they plan on following this example. I suggest everyone here does the same in your county.

TTT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deputies used to be a temporary position for supporting the sheriffs in times of need...
Going after rustlers/ gangs, etc.
A posse would be deputised for that specific purpose.

After that, it was back to normal.
Now, deputies have a permanent police position .
It used to be that every man would police his own community. They didn't hire a full time staff of gvt. employees.

Of course, after that happened in the cities, it followed as most customs do, into the countrysides in most communities. We now live in a police state. I used to travel through 8 jurisdictions/police department staff patrolling roads, on the way to church and round trip 16. If there was ANY reason to provide them $ it would not go unnoticed.

The results of this gradual historical change were:

1. Men turned over their personal responsibilities to the gt. The responsibility to police and protect the areas that were in their own best interests to defend.

2. Crime rates increased.

3. Those who took the responsibility as men, heads of their families under the headship of Christ, were demonized and a major campaign against these men continues until this day.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/09/20.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Deputies used to be a temporary position for supporting the sheriffs in times of need...

It used to be that every man would police his own community. They didn't hire a full time staff of gvt. employees.

Of course, after that happened in the cities, it followed as most customs do, into the countrysides in most communities. We now live in a police state. I used to travel through 8 jurisdictions/police department staff patrolling roads, on the way to church and round trip 16. If there was ANY reason to provide them $ it would not go unnoticed.

1. Men turned over their personal responsibilities to the gt. The responsibility to police and protect the areas that were in their own best interests to defend.

3. Those who took the responsibility as men, heads of their families under the headship of Christ, were demonized and a major campaign against these men continues until this day.

Good post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read the brief summary the sheriff posted.
What's this mean?

"search and seizure"

I know that across the nation this has been a big percentage of the funds going to the police.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim1611
For some time we've been seeing good sheriffs standing against those that seek to destroy freedom. There seems to be a growing movement in that regard. I sure hope so anyway.

Always remember, A Sheriff is elected and he does the work of the people, not the bidding of the Mayor or Governor.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Good post.

Thank you.

I have worked with my local sheriff to accomplish several goals.
To begin, I would call the county, state or whoever wanted to show up when we saw riff raff from the city show up doing drugs, busting bottles and dumping major tonage of garbage along our roads.

When called, unfortunately,
Most of the police made it clear that they didn't want to take these calls at night. We who called were considered and sometimes targeted with resentment by them. Some were, but many weren't on our sides.

Later, after having a couple community meetings with the county leaders, we would stop and confront these gangs and partiers.
I found several techniques worked the best.

The community/neighborhood of a couple miles, had few problems except for the locals. Some locals were resentful and would toss trash in our driveway on the way by. Sometimes they would be recognized and I would follow up with these neighbors. Several have moved, thank God.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/09/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 45_100
Most Arizona counties have or had a Sheriff's Posse. Volunteers who have horses and assist the Sheriff's office in things like mounted search and rescue, searching crime scenes for evidence, parking lot patrols at events like the county fair, etc. Each county sheriff uses the posse in their own way. Some are more active than others. You have to provide your own dress uniform and a work uniform and volunteers have to qualify with a handgun.
Most of the posses own property where they have a clubhouse and usually an arena. They have different events at the arenas and often make them available for community use. They used to have monthly "roundups" where the different posses would compete in events like team roping, calf roping, barrel rscing, relay races, etc. Usually a two day event with jackpot team roping on Saturday and the Roundup on sunday.

That sounds absolutely AWESOME! God bless America!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hes goofy as Trump and Flynn. Said God Bless.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Wouldn't it be good if all Sheriffs did this?

I think it's a good thing that some are seeing the value of regular decent men to help in a way similar to earlier 1800s and what this one is asking. "Search/seizures" excluded though. (4th,5thA)

Full auto... Western style

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

468 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.