24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll say it again All Pitts do better than any other breed is kill and fight to the death there's no need for them, none, I hope that girl can somehow manage to live a decent happy life after this has happened

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Outlawing pit bulls is like outlawing AR rifles, it won't stop the maulings or killings.

AR rifles don't jump out of my safe, bash down my door, and go out and chew some teenager to death by themselves.

The AR rifle owner can control the AR. The pit bull owner can't. That's the difference. That's why pit bull owners are stupid and, frankly, evil, whether they know that or not.

Amen.

Comparing a animal with a mind of its one to inanimate object is liberal thinking at its best.

Couldn't agree more.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I'd support a law that says if you have one you are required to keep $1,000,000 liability policy in effect.

I bet Joslyn’s parents would give a $1M liability check back to have had those dogs destroyed before they attacked her.

While an expensive policy would keep some of the retards from owning C4 with a collar, your solution is no solution.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stories ike this is why I will kill any pitbull I see on our property.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am prejudiced against the breed and a few others, not least of which are Chows...like the one that "sucker punched"/Tasmanian Deviled on me. How can you defend or predict that? I was familiar with my buddy s dog and it acted either friendly or aloof all the time that I saw it. IF I was packing a side arm, there's NO WAY to draw and fire it with a mangled hand. After the attack, I could barely move my fingers. My buddy was apologetic and sorry, whatever.
I couldn't understand WHY he didn't kill it right away. He beat it good, but I expected it to be buried in his yard next time I saw him.
After his girlfriends friend was attacked, he, my buddy got a visit from the Colonel. He got a good lecture about responsibility, accountability, law suits, etc.

I still couldn't believe what the bud did later!
Even then it was obviously wrong for him to find it a home on a farm. He should have thanked us profusely for not suing him and invited us to the execution of that red haired cur. I would have done the honors with my good hand.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/04/20.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Outlawing pit bulls is like outlawing AR rifles, it won't stop the maulings or killings.

AR rifles don't jump out of my safe, bash down my door, and go out and chew some teenager to death by themselves.

The AR rifle owner can control the AR. The pit bull owner can't. That's the difference. That's why pit bull owners are stupid and, frankly, evil, whether they know that or not.

Well said.

There are laws against leaving your AR laying around unsecured where some fool or a child can get to it and do some damage. You can go to jail for that, and it ought to be the same with a breed of dog that's know for mauling people and pets.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i hate the breed. Anytime I see one, i want to put a bullet in its brain. Years ago, I had two small boys at home when we had a druggie move into a house with a backyard that cornered ours. They had a pit bull in their back yard that they kept on a chain attached to their clothes line. He got loose once. I walked over and told the druggie that if it got loose again and came into our yard or near our house, i would shoot it. It didn't, so I didn't have to (or get to, depending on your point of view). But that is the one dog I will never trust, ever. They should all be put down.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just when I thought it wasn't possible to hate a dog breed anymore. Most of the aholes that own them do it as a fashion accessory. Just part of that antisocial image that some still think is cool.

I saw a guy probably mid forties being pulled down the sidewalk in Idaho Falls one day and he was dressed all pop culture and strutting like he was sure of how awesome he was. Probably didn't own a car. I just thought I wonder what happened to him at about age 14 that was so traumatic he never developed emotionally or psychologically beyond that age. It looked like that F everyone else Im a bad A had really taken him far in life.

If your a fellon and can't own a gun or vote you shouldn't be allowed a pit. Not just because its dangerous but because its time to grow up and quit the antisocial trying to intimidate everyone wanna be bad A BS.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 08/04/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Just when I thought it wasn't possible to hate a dog breed anymore. Most of the aholes that own them do it as a fashion accessory. Just part of that antisocial image that some still think is cool.

I saw a guy probably mid forties being pulled down the sidewalk in Idaho Falls one day and he was dressed all pop culture and strutting like he was sure of how awesome he was. Probably didn't own a car. I just thought I wonder what happened to him at about age 14 that was so traumatic he never developed emotionally or psychologically beyond that age. It looked like that F everyone else Im a bad A had really taken him far in life.

If your a fellon and can't own a gun or vote you shouldn't be allowed a pit. Not just because its dangerous but because its time to grow up and quit the antisocial trying to intimidate everyone wanna be bad A BS.

Bb

It seems that more and more it is female owners of "rescue" dogs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The owners should be liable and charged as if they committed the attack themselves.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I'd support a law that says if you have one you are required to keep $1,000,000 liability policy in effect.

I bet Joslyn’s parents would give a $1M liability check back to have had those dogs destroyed before they attacked her.

Absolutely.
Life will never be the same for that young girl.
And I completely agree with the poster who said that the owner should be charged as if they committed the act.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PPosey
The owners should be liable and charged as if they committed the attack themselves.

Agree ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by PPosey

Agree ..

Now we're getting somewhere that will fix a lot of these problems. Anyone with anything has at least a $million dollars worth of liability insurance. My AR isn't going to jump up out of the safe and shoot someone, but how about if someone steals one of my guns and kills someone should I be arrested for murder?

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The impulse tattoo of the dog world. Absolutely pointless.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
In 2005 the provincial Liberal gov’t here banned pit bulls. The law has been widely ignored, with a sudden influx of “Boxer mix” or “American Bulldogs”. But it was still available to prosecute the idiots who thought they were cool but took no responsibility for them.

That law is about to be repealed - by our Conservative gov’t.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The only good pitbull is a dead pitbull

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was attached by a pit bull when I was 14
55 years later, I still carry weapons incase I am attacked.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse
people are to blame not the gun

A gun cannot fire without help. A dog can and it's happened many times. In this breed, it's inherited.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
4th of July picnic my cousin had a pit puppy there. 5-6 weeks old. just the cutest thing. it got in a fight with a terrier 3 times its size. just would not quit. had 4 grown men tugging 4 different directions to get them separated. i so wanted to take that cute little puppy out back and put one in its head. just total commitment to killing the other dog at 6 weeks old. not one pit bull whelped i would trust.

Last edited by deerstalker; 08/04/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've never had any pit bulls that would attack people for no reason. The few that became pets would catch whatever I told them to and brake when I told them to. I've had some that I had to kill because they couldn't get along with other dogs and some that would chase and catch cows that I had to kill. I used pit bulls as tool for hog hunting, my hounds would bay the hogs and the bull dogs would catch them. FYI, ether starting fluid will make a dog let go of anything it has caught. I'm all for getting rid of pit bulls, how long will it be before we need to get rid of all the Rottweiler, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Bull mastiff, Dogo Argentina, Chow and all the other dogs that bite. The groid and trouble makers will just go to another breed of dog. I feel I can train any dog to catch if I choose to.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
737 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,589
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.