Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Is the last team to cancel crowned National Champion?

No need - that is determined by acclamation before the season is even played (or cancelled).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jfruser
0. Love football as a game. Played it, got scholarships, watch my boy play.

1. I despise much of NCAA Division I football.

2. I p! zz on the semi-retarded mercenaries who play SEC ball.

3. I would impose minimum SAT/ACT requirements (exceed median score for student body + conference body). Let the retard criminals play in a pro minor league.

3. Excellent!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hope they cancel the NFL as well, and I hope it withers on the vine. I'd love to see those overpaid Divas lose their gravy train.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/05/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I didn't know they had a Football team grin

They dont.

I'll bet they've had 25+ players drafted into the NFL (if not more).
Not a powerhouse by any stretch but they give it a go.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Squidge
The Pandemic And College Football: A Look Back At The 1918 Season

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/tony-barnhart/spanish-flu

[Linked Image from imageproxy.themaven.net]

While there were some who felt college football should completely shut down because of the pandemic, President Woodrow Wilson felt that football added to the overall morale of the country. As a result, football teams were created at various military posts around the country and actually played against established college teams.

“It would be difficult to overestimate the value of football experience as a part of the soldier’s training,” President Wilson wrote in a letter that was eventually published in 1919.

Many schools were not able to play until late October or early November. The annual Army-Navy game was not played. Many schools played only three or four games.

One of the teams that played almost a complete schedule in 1918 was Georgia Tech, coached by the legendary John Heisman. The Golden Tornadoes, as they were known then, played a seven-game schedule with six of those games played at home at Grant Field.

Is that legit or photoshopped?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the past I’ve been a huge college football fan.

No team in particular. Watch the evening SEC game and then a late night west coast game.

Doubt I’ll watch much this year If there is football.

After the SEC blackmailed Mississippi I’ve lost interest.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Squidge
The Pandemic And College Football: A Look Back At The 1918 Season

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/tony-barnhart/spanish-flu

[Linked Image from imageproxy.themaven.net]

While there were some who felt college football should completely shut down because of the pandemic, President Woodrow Wilson felt that football added to the overall morale of the country. As a result, football teams were created at various military posts around the country and actually played against established college teams.

“It would be difficult to overestimate the value of football experience as a part of the soldier’s training,” President Wilson wrote in a letter that was eventually published in 1919.

Many schools were not able to play until late October or early November. The annual Army-Navy game was not played. Many schools played only three or four games.

One of the teams that played almost a complete schedule in 1918 was Georgia Tech, coached by the legendary John Heisman. The Golden Tornadoes, as they were known then, played a seven-game schedule with six of those games played at home at Grant Field.

Is that legit or photoshopped?

Legit from what I can tell.

This photo is of an undetermined Georgia Tech home game during the 1918 season. The photo was taken by Georgia Tech student Thomas Carter, who would receive a degree in Mechanical Engineering in the 1920s. The photo was provided by Georgia Tech alumnus Andy McNeil. Additional thanks to @GeorgiaTechFB and @CabreraAngel.

https://news.knowledia.com/US/en/ar...735be4ccc79bfef44e739f240d1a959763574097

Last edited by Squidge; 08/05/20. Reason: added link

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by reivertom
I hope they cancel the NFL as well, and I hope it withers on the vine. I'd love to see those overpaid Divas lose their gravy train.

I'll second and third that motion.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Ain’t watching it either!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This country’s universities are the last fugking thing I’d throw support at.

COVID or not.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, you're very generous. Were they the last thing with their hands out and I had something to give, it would go in the trash can before their slimy hands could touch it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After MAC surrenders to pandemic, will other leagues follow?

Still, the MAC is one of 10 conferences that competes in the NCAA’s highest level of football, and Saturday it became the first of those to surrender to the coronavirus pandemic and cancel the fall sports season.

So is the MAC an anomaly, done in by its small budgets or is this a dire sign of things to come in college football?

“I won’t try to judge what other folks are doing,” MAC Commissioner Jon Steinbrecher said. “I know we’re all in the same place. They all have their advisers. They’re going to make judgments based on the information they are receiving.”

Not long after the MAC announced it would explore second-semester seasons for all fall sports, including soccer and volleyball, the Big Ten made its own announcement that seemed ominous given the timing.

Tapping the brakes on football’s preseason, the Big Ten told its schools that until further notice full contact practices cannot begin. All teams will remain in the first two days of what is known as the “acclimatization period,” working out in just helmets. The first Big Ten games of the season are scheduled for Sept. 5.

“As we have consistently stated, we will continue to evaluate daily, while relying on our medical experts, to make the best decisions possible for the health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes,” the Big Ten said in a statement.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,668 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.