Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Man I havent heard the word calisthenics since Alice’s cousin Sgt Emma filled in for Alice in The Brady Bunch

Alice's cousin Emma, a former master sergeant, takes Alice's place while she is away, and she subjects the Bradys to a demanding military-like routine that makes them feel like they've been drafted into the Army

.....deep thoughts

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What Hammerdown said about a low carb/low sugar diet helping with pain is all true. I am full of Osteoarthritis,so I have chronic pain and lots of it. Had full knee replacements on both knees at 48. Trying get where I can swing being off for 2 months to have ankles cut on. I started on keto earlier this year and noticed pretty quick that cutting back the carbs and sugars really helped with joint inflammation. It's not a cure all,but it made enough difference to be worth sticking with it.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals have been a pain in the ass since the early ‘60s AFAIC.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well , in a way I chose it. Picked every tough job and liked them, horseshoeing, pipe fitting, riding colts.... Ain't no office boy.
I have trouble at night and getting going early due to many fractures and repairs. The worst was an shoulder anchor that absessed and damn that hurt.
I move better as the day progresses and I work at staying limber and toughened. This isn't dress rehersal- give it everything you got. Cheers

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Have you tried the epidural injections.You can get three injections two weeks apart once a year. Pain doctor, yes there are doctors that deal with nothing but pain.

Last edited by jdm953; 08/05/20.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I feel for all of you. Chronic lower back pain here now for about six years. I ran for exercise and stress relief until 60 when I had a bad leg injury. In retrospect, it was probably a good cardiovascular thing but no doubt cost the muscular-skeletal system a bunch.

I was an anesthetist and did pain management (all the fluoroscopic spinal injections) until ‘15 when I retired and then did only pain injections until 2019. In ‘15 hurt my back in the Wind Rivers on an elk hunt and had all the injections and RFA’s since without relief. Radiographs, MRI’s also showed some scoliosis and degenerative disk disease (DDD), which is fairly common at age 50 and over.

Really can’t take NSAIDS (aspirin Ibuprofen, naproxen etc) because last fall developed paroxysmal a-fib (means it occurs every once and awhile) which requires an anticoagulant and all the OTC pain relievers can add to that “blood-thinning” effect seriously.

So, I wear a brace, use ice, stretch, lie down, and take occasional tramadol. Interestingly, I found a dropping barometer greatly affects my discomfort

Some perspective: not much good happens to the body after thirty or so (for some earlier) and it’s the rare 80 y/o who doesn’t have some of these serious medical issues. I doubt I experience what some of you do by your explanations but some times, it’s quite bad.

But then I’m a pilgrim and just traveling through; heavens my home and it “looks“ better every day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys have me knocking on every piece of wood within reach.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ice baths seemed to help with the pain, especially when my back is “locked up” and I can’t move. Yes, the shrinkage is real.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another to try is epson salt bath.
I took one a couple of weeks ago, it seamed to help.
I’m not one for bathtubs. First one I had.
It’s hard for me to get in and out of the bathtub. Bathtubs aren’t made for people six feet and taller.
And a fused back.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 270winchester
How do you deal with it, besides meds? This month is 25 years for me, L-4, L-5, S-1. Left foot is numb and hurts 24/7 from nerve damage. Inoperable. Ran out of options years ago. Been in the "Live with it" stage for years. Distractions help, good movie, boobies, etc...What about you?

You described my issue to a T only it's the right foot and 17 years. Amature surgeon at Walter Reed.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Interestingly, I found a dropping barometer greatly affects my discomfort

I feel so bad I ever thought,"Um, yeah right..." when I heard an older person say, "Good Lord I can feel it in my bones... the weather is going to change...".

It was not their imagination.... It never occurred to me I'd become that older person.... I'm still immature I'd been counting on that to keep the slings and arrows of aging at bay....

I have been a serious swimmer much of my life and especially so the past 10 years for pain management.... I had been thinking that low impact regular exercise would subtract about 10 years worth of aging pain and mobility problems.... I have not been in a pool for 5 Months now.... pretty sure this is what feeling 10 years older is like.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Liberals have been a pain in the ass since the early ‘60s AFAIC.

Been paying for my federally funded demise at an early age.. but I figure I owe somebody Ive never met something.

The pain isnt as chronic as the guilt.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gunner500
All cutting up and being silly aside Slum, nothing, and I mean nothing hurt like that hatchet hitting live living 'green' bone, it felt like god hit me in the side with a bolt of lightning, fear the blade my Friend, anyone shows you a blade in anger, shoot the fu-k out of em!

I can attest to this. When I was 18 or so I cut my index finger on a bandsaw, straight in the end of the finger and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch into the bone. Like you said "Bolt of lightning" hurt like hell mfor the first week and by the end of the second week it only hurt when you bumped it.

BTW, it sure seems like you bump your finger a lot.......I had no idea.

As for 270winchester either he or the Doc waited to long to get something done. when I started to have back problems I did a lot of reasearch on it and found out that you can only ding a nerve so many times and the damage is permanent. it's important to not put things off when it involves nerves.

Don't get sucked into pain management (Unless all other options have failed) and don't get fooled into thinking shots are the way to go either. both of these options only mask the problem neither one fixes it.

Your best option is to do your due diligence and find a good neurosurgeon and just get it fixed. it's a bitch being off work for 5 months and having to be careful with your back for 3 to 4 years afterwards but it's worth it in the long run. it's certainly better than becoming disabled and have chronic pain for the rest of your life.

Surgery is no fun but it's a Godsend when done by a competent doctor.

Glad it helped you.I’m fused from L2-S1.If I had it to do over again,I would have never had the first one.Y’all exhaust all the other options before the knife.Prayer,distraction,stretching and low-impact exercise,NSAID’s and pain meds only go so far.Lot of truth in not giving-up,but I can’t say I’m not ready to see heaven’s gate.Keep your mind strong and full of good thoughts,and never forget that it could always be worse

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.