Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
McDonalds isn't food.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
One of McDonald's most popular menu items in Japan is a one pound order of French fries.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Here are ten menu items for Japanese McDonalds

https://www.thetravel.com/mcdonalds-food-menu-japan/

McDonald's menus vary all around the world, and Japan has some particularly awesome items available for consumption!

BY TIFFANI DANIEL
JUN 07, 2019

Hate on it all you want, but McDonald's food still continues to be some of the most sought-after quick meals. And not just in the U.S. McDonald's are booming around the globe, and with each new installment comes a new opportunity for McDonald's to add onto its questionably high-calorie food menu items. One such location that continues to surprise foodies with their food options is the McDonald's in Japan.

Now, if you are from Japan or have spent a considerable amount of time there, these McDonald's foods won't seem outside of the norm. But to those in other sectors of the world who have grown tired of McDonald's basic Big Mac and Oreo McFlurry, look at exotic McDonald's food selections with mouths watering.

Thinking about taking a trip to Japan? These 10 awesome McDonald's foods that you can only get in Japan just make be the motivation you need to finally book that ticket.

McPork
This simple addition was a hit at McDonald's location in Japan. The pork patty sandwich is covered in garlic and black pepper sauce, which lettuce to add some texture. Taste testers say it is a unique blend of salty and sweet, with the size being comparable to the atypical breakfast sausage patty. The wrapper is, oddly enough, written in English so that hungry guests can easily spot the brown-plastic wrap McPork sandwich.

Teriyaki Burgers
The Teriyaki McBurger is actually a staple in Japan. This sauced-covered meat-lovers sandwich is comparable to your typical McDouble, except instead of beef patties, this one is made with a pork patty. If you get it as-is, the patty will be dripping in sweet-tangy sauce, accompanied by mayonnaise and lettuce. As of 2019, there are even more teriyaki options at Japanese McDonalds; they also serve the Chee Chee Teriyaki McBurger, Teriyaki Chicken Fillet-O, Gran Teriyaki, and the Hee Hee Teriyaki McBurger“

Shrimp Filet
If you already enjoy McDonald's Fish Filet, then perhaps you will be brave enough to try Japan's Shrimp Filet concoction. Seafood served as fast food institutions is already a questionable option, but there's a reason why this is on Japan's menus-- people love it! It's called the Ebi-Filet over there, and the sandwich is comprised of a shrimp-stuffed patty, topped with a delicate blend of coleslaw, nestled between two sesame seed buns.

German Sausage Chicken Sandwich
This cultured-snack is inspired by Germany's popular mix of meats. This sandwich is seasonal in Japan McDonald's, but the anticipation is comparable to North America's McRib phenomenon.

This German-themed burger is jam-packed with a piece of fried chicken, a pork sausage patty, and a sauerkraut topping for an extra zesty flavor.

The Full Moon Cheese Tsukimi Burger
This is another seasonal favorite only served at McDonald's in Japan. The Full Moon Cheese Tsukimi Burger is inspired by the harvest moon festival called tsukimi. This festival is held in Japan and Vietnam on August 15th according to the lunar calendar when there will be a full moon at night. So, naturally, this sandwich is only served during the autumn season.

The sandwich is simple when it comes to ingredients, but it definitely has the power to fill you up. The standard beef patty is met up with cheese and a large egg patty, which is supposed to represent the full moon.

Mega Muffin
Talk about the breakfast of champions. Although America did away with its Super Size options, Japanese inhabitants are still putting up the challenge. This Mega McMuffin is just your standard breakfast sandwich, made with two English muffins, a sausage patty, egg, and cheese. The Mega McMuffin, is a mammoth of a sandwich are twice the size of its originator.

Chocolate Fries
Now, let's get to the weird stuff. People are known to dunk their fries into strange dips; anything from ketchup, mayonnaise, to ice cream. Generally speaking, when it comes to fries, nothing is off limits. It seems that McDonald's in Japan wanted to test this theory by serving up chocolate french fries at their locations.

And apparently, they're a hit! The chocolate sauce will change colors depending on what holidays are coming up (green and red for Christmas, orange and black for Halloween), making them a festive treat. If you're not a chocolate fan, they also have Ume (Sour Plum) Fries, which is a sour pink mix they serve on top of McDonald's classic fries.

Cheesecake McFlurry
If there is one thing that other countries can learn from Japan's McDonald's menu, its that cheesecake-flavored anything will always be in popular demand. Whoever thought to include a Cheesecake McFlurry onto Japan's food list needs a raise. This McFlurry is citrus and cheesecake infused ice cream blend that is only available in Miyazaki during the summer.

Now if only this delicious ice cream design would make its way to America.

Sankaku Choco Pie Black
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/HsmZkCs9/JAPAN-Sankaku-Choco-Pie-Black.jpg[/img]
There aren't many chocolate food options when it comes to McDonald's in North America. That's why Japan's Sankaku Choco Pie Black is such a hard-hitter. This flaky pastry oozes with a warm chocolate filling that is guaranteed to be the envy of any chocolate-lovers dream. The chocolate filling has a bit of almond, giving the entire dessert a unique crunchy surprise.

Pineapple Pie
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/d1d6J5bf/JAPAN-Pineapple-Pie.jpg[/img]
Move over apple pie, there's a new pastry-stuffed dessert in town. American's are partial to the gooey cinnamon and apply infused baked goods at their location McDonald's, but this pineapple pie could be a hot contender. It's made up of the same sugary sweet mold as the staple apple pie, but obviously, it has a pineappled-filled center instead. The rick pineapple filling pairs surprisingly well with the turnover. Most reviews rave that this pie is cooked to perfection, with no oily residue, and perfectly crusted ends. These Japanese locations aren't stingy about their fillings either, as this pineapple pie is said to be loaded with the hot, sweet goodness.

Last edited by Lennie; 08/06/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Why no ice Renegade?

The Fajitas MRE is horrible and not meant to be eaten in the field.

They fill the fugging cup up 3/4 th full of ice man

36 oz cup winds up having 12oz of coke in it after that profit increasing schit.

Cold enough for me outta the machine as it is.

Drink soda maybe once or twice a month anyways.
Kinda a treat to me to drink it.

I drink water and 1 cup of strong instant coffee a day.

Im not finnicky.

LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Lennie
One of McDonald's most popular menu items in Japan is a one pound order of French fries.
Here are ten menu items for Japanese McDonalds

https://www.thetravel.com/mcdonalds-food-menu-japan/

McDonald's menus vary all around the world, and Japan has some particularly awesome items available for consumption!

BY TIFFANI DANIEL
JUN 07, 2019

Hate on it all you want, but McDonald's food still continues to be some of the most sought-after quick meals. And not just in the U.S. McDonald's are booming around the globe, and with each new installment comes a new opportunity for McDonald's to add onto its questionably high-calorie food menu items. One such location that continues to surprise foodies with their food options is the McDonald's in Japan.

Now, if you are from Japan or have spent a considerable amount of time there, these McDonald's foods won't seem outside of the norm. But to those in other sectors of the world who have grown tired of McDonald's basic Big Mac and Oreo McFlurry, look at exotic McDonald's food selections with mouths watering.

Thinking about taking a trip to Japan? These 10 awesome McDonald's foods that you can only get in Japan just make be the motivation you need to finally book that ticket.

McPork
This simple addition was a hit at McDonald's location in Japan. The pork patty sandwich is covered in garlic and black pepper sauce, which lettuce to add some texture. Taste testers say it is a unique blend of salty and sweet, with the size being comparable to the atypical breakfast sausage patty. The wrapper is, oddly enough, written in English so that hungry guests can easily spot the brown-plastic wrap McPork sandwich.

Teriyaki Burgers
The Teriyaki McBurger is actually a staple in Japan. This sauced-covered meat-lovers sandwich is comparable to your typical McDouble, except instead of beef patties, this one is made with a pork patty. If you get it as-is, the patty will be dripping in sweet-tangy sauce, accompanied by mayonnaise and lettuce. As of 2019, there are even more teriyaki options at Japanese McDonalds; they also serve the Chee Chee Teriyaki McBurger, Teriyaki Chicken Fillet-O, Gran Teriyaki, and the Hee Hee Teriyaki McBurger“

Shrimp Filet
If you already enjoy McDonald's Fish Filet, then perhaps you will be brave enough to try Japan's Shrimp Filet concoction. Seafood served as fast food institutions is already a questionable option, but there's a reason why this is on Japan's menus-- people love it! It's called the Ebi-Filet over there, and the sandwich is comprised of a shrimp-stuffed patty, topped with a delicate blend of coleslaw, nestled between two sesame seed buns.

German Sausage Chicken Sandwich
This cultured-snack is inspired by Germany's popular mix of meats. This sandwich is seasonal in Japan McDonald's, but the anticipation is comparable to North America's McRib phenomenon.

This German-themed burger is jam-packed with a piece of fried chicken, a pork sausage patty, and a sauerkraut topping for an extra zesty flavor.

The Full Moon Cheese Tsukimi Burger
This is another seasonal favorite only served at McDonald's in Japan. The Full Moon Cheese Tsukimi Burger is inspired by the harvest moon festival called tsukimi. This festival is held in Japan and Vietnam on August 15th according to the lunar calendar when there will be a full moon at night. So, naturally, this sandwich is only served during the autumn season.

The sandwich is simple when it comes to ingredients, but it definitely has the power to fill you up. The standard beef patty is met up with cheese and a large egg patty, which is supposed to represent the full moon.

Mega Muffin
Talk about the breakfast of champions. Although America did away with its Super Size options, Japanese inhabitants are still putting up the challenge. This Mega McMuffin is just your standard breakfast sandwich, made with two English muffins, a sausage patty, egg, and cheese. The Mega McMuffin, is a mammoth of a sandwich are twice the size of its originator.

Chocolate Fries
Now, let's get to the weird stuff. People are known to dunk their fries into strange dips; anything from ketchup, mayonnaise, to ice cream. Generally speaking, when it comes to fries, nothing is off limits. It seems that McDonald's in Japan wanted to test this theory by serving up chocolate french fries at their locations.

And apparently, they're a hit! The chocolate sauce will change colors depending on what holidays are coming up (green and red for Christmas, orange and black for Halloween), making them a festive treat. If you're not a chocolate fan, they also have Ume (Sour Plum) Fries, which is a sour pink mix they serve on top of McDonald's classic fries.

Cheesecake McFlurry
If there is one thing that other countries can learn from Japan's McDonald's menu, its that cheesecake-flavored anything will always be in popular demand. Whoever thought to include a Cheesecake McFlurry onto Japan's food list needs a raise. This McFlurry is citrus and cheesecake infused ice cream blend that is only available in Miyazaki during the summer.

Now if only this delicious ice cream design would make its way to America.

Sankaku Choco Pie Black
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/HsmZkCs9/JAPAN-Sankaku-Choco-Pie-Black.jpg[/img]
There aren't many chocolate food options when it comes to McDonald's in North America. That's why Japan's Sankaku Choco Pie Black is such a hard-hitter. This flaky pastry oozes with a warm chocolate filling that is guaranteed to be the envy of any chocolate-lovers dream. The chocolate filling has a bit of almond, giving the entire dessert a unique crunchy surprise.

Pineapple Pie
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/d1d6J5bf/JAPAN-Pineapple-Pie.jpg[/img]
Move over apple pie, there's a new pastry-stuffed dessert in town. American's are partial to the gooey cinnamon and apply infused baked goods at their location McDonald's, but this pineapple pie could be a hot contender. It's made up of the same sugary sweet mold as the staple apple pie, but obviously, it has a pineappled-filled center instead. The rick pineapple filling pairs surprisingly well with the turnover. Most reviews rave that this pie is cooked to perfection, with no oily residue, and perfectly crusted ends. These Japanese locations aren't stingy about their fillings either, as this pineapple pie is said to be loaded with the hot, sweet goodness.

Damm Lennie ...
You wanna talk about a giant jedi mind and stomach fugg.
That seals it...
Hitting Mcdonalds for sure now!!!!

In germany they served beer at McDonald's in Boeblingen and Stuttgart.
Also served a crispy outer skin white brat wurst on a chewy brochen roll.

Not the best .
Schwaben brau.
Kinda the coors of the area.
But at a decent price 20oz cup.
That was 86 88 time frame

In korea they have some screwed up menu items also.
Sliced sea cucumber burger comes to mind... barf.......
They had a beef bulgogi burger that was good.
And the american burgers
But also have the korean vegetable side dishes on the menu too, of which some aint to bad.

Germans like mayo on their fries.
Koreans like their version of a hot white whatever the fugg sauce it was.

Ketchup available for us ugly unrefined Americans.....

Lol!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 08/06/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My first paycheck job was McDonalds. My manager was one of the best I ever had and taught me a lot. He would hire someone, and if they worked hard, he'd give them a raise within a month. It helped keep decent people, and the others would soon quit. I got a raise before my first paycheck. He also was no-nonsense when it came to paychecks. He staffed appropriately on payday and didn't play games with your money. In fact, one of his sayings was "The quickest way to pi$$ off someone is to mess with their money or their family." His management style was one that if you weren't in the middle of a lunch or dinner rush, you should be cleaning up or preparing for one. Couple of months later I was running my own shift. Had to be 18 for manger, but I didn't want a career at McDonalds.

Years later, I was eating my lunch at a McDonalds, and noticed it was fully and completely staffed. There were corporate type people going around and asking customers questions. A manager with a clipboard was dutifully writing down responses. When they approached my table, he asked the usual questions about quality, price, and cleanliness. His last question was if there was anything they could do to improve efficiency. I asked if he had ever worked a lunch rush when half your crew was missing. He said no, and I told him that if he had, he would figure out damn quick what the inefficiencies were. The manager with the clipboard was happily writing everything down and gave me a knowing wink.

Decent part time job for a 16 year old high school kid.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
That Jap stuff looks tasty!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Reloader,
Thats why I complained to the girls about the bathroom. One literally yelled at that manager after that.
It sounded like he told her to clean the men's room after he spent some time in there. She refused and rightly so in THIS case. He didn't fire her because he should've been fired. I couldn't get through to a human being in corporate. Next time I saw him at a Wendy's.
I walked out of there too. Never shopped there again.

I used to carry my own mug in McDonalds so I didn't get their styrofoam cups. I walked out. I make my own now and take it with me.
Bought up the last of the made in USA Thermoses.
I fill that or my mug after brewing in a glass french press that was manufactured in europe, so Im sure its not Chinese lead glass.

Its much better than McDonald's coffee.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/06/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dess
My first paycheck job was McDonalds. My manager was one of the best I ever had and taught me a lot. He would hire someone, and if they worked hard, he'd give them a raise within a month. It helped keep decent people, and the others would soon quit. I got a raise before my first paycheck. He also was no-nonsense when it came to paychecks. He staffed appropriately on payday and didn't play games with your money. In fact, one of his sayings was "The quickest way to pi$$ off someone is to mess with their money or their family." His management style was one that if you weren't in the middle of a lunch or dinner rush, you should be cleaning up or preparing for one. Couple of months later I was running my own shift. Had to be 18 for manger, but I didn't want a career at McDonalds.

Years later, I was eating my lunch at a McDonalds, and noticed it was fully and completely staffed. There were corporate type people going around and asking customers questions. A manager with a clipboard was dutifully writing down responses. When they approached my table, he asked the usual questions about quality, price, and cleanliness. His last question was if there was anything they could do to improve efficiency. I asked if he had ever worked a lunch rush when half your crew was missing. He said no, and I told him that if he had, he would figure out damn quick what the inefficiencies were. The manager with the clipboard was happily writing everything down and gave me a knowing wink.

Decent part time job for a 16 year old high school kid.

Everyone should work compulsory 1 years’ service at a mcD, wendys or BK

At wendys, if you got time to lean, you got time to clean

Today, you see employees, slapping each other, horsing around, even in front of guests, oogling at something on a phone, staring out of the window.

Trash overflowing, greasy floors, random light bulbs out, bathrooms looks like mammoth cave environment.

People on registers that barely speak English

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You are a regular Chef Boardee. 🙄 Damn you can make coffee, a life time accomplishment no doubt.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My Gwammy used to twim the cwust off my Goober grape PBJ sandwiches and cut them into purrfect little triangles for me.

While I was wearing my Little Lord Fonteroy lunch clothes....

LOL!!!

Some Priscilla's on here for sure!!!!

LOL!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Inside the store during lunch rush, recommended goal time to complete an order was 15 seconds

Drive thru was 30 seconds

Funny, thing is one of the managers that was my manager when I was 16 yrs old is now the district manager. I enjoy cornering that old bitch now and letting her know her stores are crap, a disappointment and drive thru wait times are often 10 freaking minutes or more. Waited 20 minutes for a spicy chicken sandwich one day.

Guess they just had better crop of employees way back then

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bate,

Making my own saves my time, trouble, money and is the best available in town. One simple little thing that makes me a Happy camper in the morning.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Often I'll order the chicken sandwich, and water for $1.07, the last of the big time spenders. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Norwegians frequent that place.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A guy I used to work with was eating Chinese takeout at his desk and I asked him how it was. "Terrible. Too salty and greasy, and it has an odd taste," he replied. I asked him why are you eating it?

"Sometimes you just gotta have it."

So goes McDonald's.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Bate,

Making my own saves my time, trouble, money and is the best available in town. One simple little thing that makes me a Happy camper in the morning.

Playing the nice card and giving me the Bate greeting doesn't impress me...This place is unique in that it has a high tolerance for fools...Which is the only reason you are still here.....

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
say whatever but drivin down the expressway these days it's one of the few places available to stop and take a leak

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Norwegians frequent that place.

From the picture, it doesn't look like it would be too crowded for police to get in. Mighty brave.
I would give that lady and her children free lessons after that.

Good grief!
Good reason to stay out of there.
Good reason to learn how to break the bones of the bad guys too.

What is wrong with those people? Just yesterday there was a report in town of a dude pulled a knife on someone over a mask.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/06/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
McDonald's or any restaurant with a deep fryer, griddle or a char broiler.
Commercial cookeries are filthy, and are wrecking our bodies and minds, Take a bag lunch and smarten up.
Beef is not the problem, beef fat is not the problem.
The gooey stuff they cook it on or in is, imo

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by comerade
McDonald's or any restaurant with a deep fryer, griddle or a char broiler.
Commercial cookeries are filthy, and are wrecking our bodies and minds, Take a bag lunch and smarten up.
Beef is not the problem, beef fat is not the problem.
The gooey stuff they cook it on or in is, imo

love it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.