Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by antlers
Religion only really cares about "life" after death,...
Jesus’ teachings of loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others is clearly the polar opposite of your assertion.
...and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life".
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.
What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.
I think teaching children Jesus’ New Covenant commands is a great mindset for them to have.

There was a lot less strife in Chitcago, Portland and Seattle and less quuuers kissing on the streets and schietting on the streets 60 years ago in San Francisco before Christ was kicked out of school, and a lot less overdoses and suicide by young folks back then too. Fuggers werent kneeling on the field or rioting either. Prolly ust a coincidence though.
Know way those dumbassed sheep herders years ago could know. They ust made some lucky guesses by coincidence.
whistle wink

No way id trade our wonderful progress for Him, though. Nah, we got it too good now. Well, if that dumbassed believer Trump gets elected again anyway. grin

You're biased to making a link between religion and civil unrest whereas that link doesn't exist. There are other causes for the problems over there.

Sheesh. None are so blind as those who would not see.

Thats what the stiff necked jews said before being taken captive by ancient Babylon, Rome.

Thats what the empire of Israelites said as they degenerated into a degenerate nation under Jeroboam as they were being defeated and taken captive by the Assyrians.

There is a reason the Jews, Tribe of Judah, has experienced the curses they have suffered through.

Hey, God looks after His own chosen people well, really, really well....which is why they have suffered for thousands of years? Oh, wait, it must be that pesky free will thing at work.

Oh, gee. You mean HE doesnt treat those who rejected and killed HIS son the way you think HE should have done. Cry me a river.

Come on you hyoocrite. What would any real man, not a man like you, would do to those who tortured your son unmercifully and then killed him. Im sure as sweet as you are that you would have blessed them.

You miss the point nicely. The troubles began long before Jesus and continued long after. The Jews are said to be God's chosen people.

Last edited by DBT; 08/06/20.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

You miss the point nicely. The troubles began long before Jesus and continued long after. The Jews are said to be God's chosen people.

That is what the Jews tell everyone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way...

How do believers know such a hell exists?

No christian knew of such until brainwashing
made them believe in such.

Merely imagining a hell to exist does not make
an actual hell exist.. but Propaganda works wonders
on impressionable human minds.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, they were, but they rejected it.

So, HE said you have to accept the Good News to be saved AND HE said all of Israel will be saved.

Now, there are many Jews who died waiting for the Savior to arrive and never accepted Jesus CHRIST as the superstar. So, those Jews, where from israel or not, will not have their name in the book.

Now, if all who are believers in Christ JESUS (the Name, the WORD is JESUS) and the Good News, are the only ones who get the nod to Heaven, and all the Israelites will be saved, what does that mean.

It can only mean that HIS Israel HE refers to is HIS believers, not the Israel the MSM refers to.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

So, HE said you have to accept the Good News to be saved AND HE said all of Israel will be saved.

Now, there are many Jews who died waiting for the Savior to arrive and never accepted Jesus CHRIST as the superstar. So, those Jews, where from israel or not, will not have their name in the book.

Now, if all who are believers in Christ JESUS (the Name, the WORD is JESUS) and the Good News, are the only ones who get the nod to Heaven, and all the Israelites will be saved, what does that mean.

It can only mean that HIS Israel HE refers to is HIS believers, not the Israel the MSM refers to.

You ask "what does that mean".

It means that you have a penchant for listing opinion as fact.

It is printed on paper and paper will take shit...bit like your "HE SAID".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jesus apparently died to cover off for people’s sins. People keep sinning yet the slate is washed clean. It’s just one of the many contradictions in the bible – lead a good life but you’ll be saved anyway as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour, all sins aside.
Yeah, Jesus is ‘the’ way. First and foremost, regardless of anything else, no matter what. THAT’S the ultimate belief according to the faith.
I lead a good life without a religious belief system, and outside of any expectation of a devine reward. I guess this grace must be more of an innate human trait that we developed.
I believe ya’. Millions of people lead good lives without a religious belief system or any expectation of a divine reward. Grace, to me, is getting something good that we do not deserve.
Angry believers use the threat of damnation and hell when they are confronted by logic from non-believers, so their focus changes to suit their immediate circumstances and shows their true preoccupation with the “afterlife”.
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way. And often the “logic” that believers are “confronted” with by non-believers isn’t ‘logic’ at all. And there are plenty of angry non-believers as well. Painting all believers the same color is no different than all atheists being painted the same color.
No offence but that response has zero meaning to me – it’s your opinion and it’s of no value to me.
That’s fine. I was simply responding to, and expanding on, an assertion that you made.

This was my original statement:

Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.

My takeaway from our conversation is that you concur with my first sentence.

You provided an opposing opinion on the second sentence without any expansion or substantiation.

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 08/06/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
There are some angry believers that seem to be happy about the existence of hell. But not all are that way...

How do believers know such a hell exists?

No christian knew of such until brainwashing
made them believe in such.

Merely imagining a hell to exist does not make
an actual hell exist.. but Propaganda works wonders
on impressionable human minds.
We don't need proof of Hell - we have you! LOL!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know, you were sooo close to agreeing with me until I said that.

LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You sound even sillier than the utter garbage
catholic priests spew on the flock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would God create someone just to ne a wife? Where is Eve's choice

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

But they didn't reject it. They rejected the Christian claim that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. They give reasons for why they do.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM.

Strain your ass out for satan all you want pal.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/06/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The christian description of Jesus doesn't
match the O.T. word of God criteria necessary
to qualify as the Messiah.

Christians conveniently gloss over that fact.

EITHER the O.T. word of God is wrong,.. or
christians are wrong.

But Christians will go on 'believing' without
addressing the issue, which is ludicrous.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Why would God create someone just to ne a wife? Where is Eve's choice

Adam and Lilith - Lilith chose not to abide by Adam and paid the consequences. Eve best not make that mistake.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Jag and others. It is not the unbelievers who are afraid. Religion is there with all its promised comforts of the hereafter precisely because we as humans are afraid of death. So we try to soften it by making up stories of how wonderful it will all be after we die.

In actuality, it ought to be just the opposite. The reality is that when we die, we absolutely cease to exist. ALL the evidence says that we simply...stop. The good news is that we will never know we are dead. It would be impossible to be aware of anything, including that we are unaware. It is in fact exactly like falling asleep: we do not notice the moment when we stop being conscious precisely because we are unconscious.

That should be a comfort. It is a comfort to me. I think that if I were in fact able to "look back down upon myself" from soul height and realize that I was dead, it would be a horrific trauma. I'm confident that won't be the case, for which I am deeply grateful. The sad thing is that all you believers won't know you were wrong and none of those promises will happen. I won't know I'm right and you won't know you're wrong.

Lastly (and maybe I'll give this an everlasting rest, ha!) I will say that I am not an atheist. An atheist is an anti-religion zealot, just as eager to convert as the most fervent missionary. I am not that. I am simply a non-believer who was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way - until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently absurd answers, one whopper after another to "explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities. And slyly smiling.

....and the winner of our “Big Stick Wanna’ Be” Award is Rocky Raab!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was my original statement:
Religion only really cares about "life" after death, and salvation doesn't require leading a "good life". What a terrible mindset to be introducing to young and malleable minds of children.

My takeaway from our conversation is that you concur with my first sentence.
That’s ‘your’ takeaway. My position on your first sentence is in stark contrast to yours. And what I wrote about it is posted up~all can see it. Loving God, and demonstrating your love for God ‘by’ loving others is done ‘here’...on this earth. I wrote some other stuff regarding your first sentence, again~it’s there for all to see.
That’s right...because grace can’t be earned...if it could be earned then it wouldn’t be grace. But, loving God, and showing your love for God ‘by’ loving others would certainly go towards leading a good life. Not done as often or as good as it should be, but the premise is still there. If the only thing motivating a person to be good and decent is the expectation of a divine reward, then that person likely has a bad theology.
And it’s also clearly in stark contrast to your position. But, ‘your’ takeaway can be whatever ‘you’ choose.
You provided an opposing opinion on the second sentence without any expansion or substantiation.
You only provided your opinion in your second sentence without any expansion or substantiation. You simply stated your opinion, and I voiced an opposing opinion. And I clearly referenced Jesus’ New Covenant commands as being a great mindset to teach children. But again, see it however ‘you’ choose. I’m fine with it.

You also made an interesting statement that grace couldn't be earned - so that means it's a lotto draw?
The grace that God extends to us, through Jesus, can’t be earned. That’s my belief. If ‘you’ choose to see it as a “lotto draw”...cool. I’m fine with it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Richard, just a wife is to support her husband and be a helpmate to him that he can do what GOD appointed him to and to become one with him as man needs a helpmate and partner to help him reduce the risk of prostate cancer and bear and take care of the children and to impart in them love and compassion and teach them the workings of the Christian family structure and the proper worship of GOD and to follow right from wrong that they will learn from example and be responsible adults that will help the Christian nation thrive and survive against the satanic forces against it that are at this time bringing this once Christian nation down.

The Christian wife is half of Christian children and necessary for the survival of a nation that is to be blessed by GOD Almighty.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/06/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

.. was raised in the most rigorous Catholic way -
until I started asking what seemed to be rational questions. And got what were patently
absurd answers, one whopper after another to
"explain away" every earlier whopper. And it all
unraveled. I'm still pointing out the absurdities.

Savvy kids wake up to the catholic nonsense
smoke and mirrors, which makes me pity the
adults that go on believing such convoluted
crapola all the way to the grave.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They rejected JESUS as GODS son and crucified HIM.

Strain your ass out for satan all you want pal.

It's not that simple. You fail to consider that the OT describes the prophesied Messiah, or that Jesus does not not meet the description.

Why do you ignore these problems?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Savvy kids wake up to the catholic nonsense
smoke and mirrors, which makes me pity the
adults that go on believing such convoluted
crapola all the way to the grave.
This? Coming from a guy that thinks a KT who firmly believed in Christ created the miracle of the Shroud of Turin but that Christ is a myth?!

C'mon, man, you are like a fiction novelist who took too much acid and thought his books were histories.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.