Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don't worry, Jorge will email someone he knows.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by dale06

The inactions by the board of directors are a big part of the issue here. They knew, or should have known about all this financial abuse. They should have stopped it or fired Wayne, or both.

You assume that they weren't involved. I don't think that's possible, given that fact that utter idiots don't' end up on Boards of Directors.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Board doesn't govern, the bureaucracy (WLP) does. The Board, it seems to me, is more window dressing and there for PR, ultimately to encourage donations.

At least the NRA won't be paying WLP's legal bills with my donations.

Although I'm an Endowment member, I dried up that spigot some time ago.

DF

The Board of Directors is responsible for hiring and firing the CEO.

That should be enough to tell us the Board’s priorities.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

The inactions by the board of directors are a big part of the issue here. They knew, or should have known about all this financial abuse. They should have stopped it or fired Wayne, or both.

You assume that they weren't involved. I don't think that's possible, given that fact that utter idiots don't' end up on Boards of Directors.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Board doesn't govern, the bureaucracy (WLP) does. The Board, it seems to me, is more window dressing and there for PR, ultimately to encourage donations.

DF

The Board of Directors is responsible for hiring and firing the CEO.

That should be enough to tell us the Board’s priorities.

The board is complicit in WLP’s actions. They are all wealthy “business people” and enjoyed some of the same “benefits” WLP did (exorbitant all expenses paid travel, use of the donated yacht and properties, and free perks from many manufacturers), on the dime of membership and foundation donors. For the NRA to survive, with any hope of regaining the trust of its supporters, a thorough house cleaning is needed, including the board.

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 08/06/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess now is a bad time to purchase a Life membership. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tyrone

laugh

I'm sure they' take your money. wink

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone

laugh

I'm sure they' take your money. wink

DF

Of course they will. The road goes on forever and the party never ends. After all the the good life and yachts tap is on the members.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why exactly has WLP still not been canned?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Boards of Directors are SUPPOSED to protect the fidelity of the brand of the company in order to protect its value. I think that is the gist of their function. I can't imagine that they wouldn't know far more about what kind of corruption has been going on behind the scenes. I doubt any of us know more than a small fraction of it. I can't figure that anyone on the Board wouldn't know about the corruption, or that any of them would keep their mouths shut about it without compensation, given the amount of dirt they had on specific people and what they had to lose by allowing the corruption to continue.

What we may be seeing here with the way Wayne has been "outed" is someone on the inside is burning him for not giving them enough of a payoff.

Regardless, it is obvious to me that while the NRA may have been advocates of gun rights in the first few decades of their existence, they have been on board with the "Progressive" agenda since. I will keep mentioning that they have supported every single federal gun law now on the books. They didn't fight those laws with the motive of protecting the 2nd Amendment. They advocated for those gun laws.

The NRA for many decades now has been fear-mongering to collect funds, then supporting gun laws, then fear-mongering to collect more funds. It's a typical political scam, and there are scores of examples now in this country.

+++ Nailed it right there! +++

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some pundits said today that the NRA filled a counter suit and that the suit filled against the NRA is just election year postering going nowhere. They do need to clean house though...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

DF

Boards of Directors are SUPPOSED to protect the fidelity of the brand of the company in order to protect its value. I think that is the gist of their function. I can't imagine that they wouldn't know far more about what kind of corruption has been going on behind the scenes. I doubt any of us know more than a small fraction of it. I can't figure that anyone on the Board wouldn't know about the corruption, or that any of them would keep their mouths shut about it without compensation, given the amount of dirt they had on specific people and what they had to lose by allowing the corruption to continue.

What we may be seeing here with the way Wayne has been "outed" is someone on the inside is burning him for not giving them enough of a payoff.

Regardless, it is obvious to me that while the NRA may have been advocates of gun rights in the first few decades of their existence, they have been on board with the "Progressive" agenda since. I will keep mentioning that they have supported every single federal gun law now on the books. They didn't fight those laws with the motive of protecting the 2nd Amendment. They advocated for those gun laws.

The NRA for many decades now has been fear-mongering to collect funds, then supporting gun laws, then fear-mongering to collect more funds. It's a typical political scam, and there are scores of examples now in this country.

For some reason, Pete Brownell couldn't get back to Iowa fast enough, only partially thru his term as President. Ollie and Cox are gone. Don't know the whole story, but they're not there, WLP is.

So, there have been internal struggles, WLP always coming out on top until this NY AG got the goods on him. And, she is a minority, screaming lib who would love to destroy the NRA (and us all if she could).

WLP just handed her a loaded gun...

DF

It would be pretty enlightening to know all of the goings-on behind the scenes. I wish we could somehow be privy to all the facts.

Some info here, just started listening,
https://shows.cadence13.com/podcast/gangster-capitalism

WLP outta be skinned alive... bastard of the worst kind, IMO worse than ALL the lefts that want to take firearms...
Betrayal deserves payback

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Join Gun Owners of America instead for effective action. The only reason to join the NRA these days is for the magazines or if your gun club requires a 100% NRA membership. The only reason I want the NRA to be successful in this attack is I don't want to hear how King Cuomo took down the NRA for the next 20 years.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Allen West wrote an open letter about the spending and the power grab of Lapierre. The board was powerless against Lapierre and if one stood against him they were ousted

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drove to see him speak at an event around 2004. It was a free event, but he canceled last minute with a few hundred people standing around waiting for him. That doesn't make him a horrible person, he may have been sick or whatever but I never cared to hear him again after that.

I'm guessing his demise was gradual. He could justify an expensive suit given the circles he was in and the donors he was courting, he could justify the car, the travel budget - then a few years later he finds himself on a yacht, vacations in the bahamas and side deals worth millions. The people against him just don't "understand the value" he brings to the organization. In his mind he has to do these things to court the big dollar people. Its probably similar to how any corporate CEO justifies million dollar salaries while their stock is crashing.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

566 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.