Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Slavek
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.

This. The MSM is their friend. Oh, btw, Trump is in Putins back pocket. Rs bad Ds good. wink

Hey, if the MSM can suck leroye in....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Personally, I don't believe anything the Arabs tell us. We might never know what went boom or why.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slavek
There seemed to be two explosions smaller one preceding huge one. It appears that some king of new high kinetic energy explosive was used. I'm guessing Hezbollah munition storage facility was the intended target. Naturally stupid people will accept any explanation given by the media.

Maybe 3 explosions.

Last edited by rlott; 08/06/20.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You bunch of freakin idiots, have you forgotten the last two fairly recent 2009 and 2013 blast of the same type in Texas? Geese you guy's have got to stop watching that BS Fox program, its not news just hallucination's. Welders started a accidental fire that got out of hand nearby, nothing more. Just as in most of the other cases the ammonium nitrate was being illegally stored.

Link

Phil

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
You bunch of freakin idiots, have you forgotten the last two fairly recent 2009 and 2013 blast of the same type in Texas? Geese you guy's have got to stop watching that BS Fox program, its not news just hallucination's. Welders started a accidental fire that got out of hand nearby, nothing more. Just as in most of the other cases the ammonium nitrate was being illegally stored.

Link

Phil

Whoops...that seals it...definitely not an accident.

Damned Jews.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wasn't the Galveston explosion of the distant past much like this or is my gray matter getting soft too?
The history
ies/timelines I read were hard to believe.
As an useful ag chemical I can not see why it was not easily sold and dispersed long ago.

I guess that incompetence/corruption/illegalities may have precluded normal business practice though.

Last edited by LouisB; 08/06/20. Reason: corrections

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I know someone that as a kid tried to get anfo to explode and couldn't do it. They didn't have a booster charge powerful enough.

Working in a rock quarry in college we used a lot of anfo. We had blasting caps we dropped in a bag of kenipak after we mixed the binary. We clipped the caps on primer cord dropped a bag of kenipak with a cap in it down a hole filled it with anfo and set a whole row off at once.

I knew some kids in high school that got ahold of some caps, a booster charge of c4 and several bags of anfo. They took it out to the View area about 10 miles south east of burley and got several bags to detonate out in a field. Their mom said the concussion almost killed them and they were back a ways.

Some local farmers headed for the cloud and caught them. As they panicked trying to get away they threw a bunch of explosives in a canal while they drove along it. The feds had to bring in divers to recover it. I guess they got it out of a magazine at an d construction yard. I was good friends with them but I was in Africa when it happened. Pretty funny hearing the story from their mom.

Bb

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You bunch of freakin idiots...

Phil

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Borchardt
It was a new explosive the Joooos are going to use to take over the world, oh wait, they already took over the world, ALMOST
But Trump is working on that.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Link

Phil

Hey a$$hole (Gaygohst), what do you have if you have more than one goose?

GEESE!!!

You f u c king moron!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MickeyD

Link

Phil

GEESE!!!

You f u c king moron!!

If he had more than 1 goose he’d call it an orgy.......sheesh! 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LouisB
Wasn't the Galveston explosion of the distant past much like this...?
It was Texas City in 1947. And it was ammonium nitrate.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Deal is, there were two small explosions/fires then a third huge one. Trump said his generals said it looked like a bomb.

Looks like a bomb incoming to me to the left (bleck spot) of the smoke chimney just before the big one hit. Of course, Trump was prolly ust uoking.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/06/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
They have already produced documentation and tracking on 2,750 tons of Ammonium Nitrate over a 7 year period.

But some folks gotta invent the most complicated conspiracy when human greed and incompetence provide all the explanation needed.

Sometimes the simple answer actually is the best. Even if it is no fun.

And it is not like we have not seen this exact same type of explosion in the past, more than once, produced solely from AN.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That article tries to put the focus on a Russian guy who just tried to cheap his way into shipping fertilizer to Mozambique.

Like its his fault it sat there for 7 years. They unloaded off of the ship. The ship didn't blow up (it actually sank in the harbor a couple of years after it was impounded).

Whatever their justification, they *wanted* that fertilizer, and I suspect he just gave up after losing his ass and wasn't about to pay their fines to get it back.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no expert on the subject, but from what I've read nitrate fertilizer is some very volatile stuff. It was a favorite of the IRA way back when. Quite a few of those people blew themselves up messing with it. The way I hear it is, once it's stirred up into what it's going to be all it takes is a static electricity spark to set it off.

Mcveigh used 1 ton of it and look at the devastation it caused, of course it was mixed with Diesel. This was 2700 tons not mixed with Diesel . My only question is what ignited that much Ammonium nitrate and what else was in the area that needed to be eradicated?

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 08/07/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by MickeyD
Link
Phil

GEESE!!!
You f u c king moron!!

If he had more than 1 goose he’d call it an orgy.......sheesh! 😂

Jeeze, you guy's are being pretty hard on the illiterate idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Jeeze, you guy's are being pretty hard on the illiterate idiot.

Don't sweat it as it is more action than the clueless bastard gets anywhere else, he loves it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
McVay used AN mixed with nitro methane and it was ignited with commercial blasting explosives which was started with blasting caps. Nitro methane gives a big power bump over simple diesel.

AN alone does not iniate easily UNLESS it is decomposing as with a nearby heat source (fire). In West TX it was a fire started by welders. In TX City in 1947 the Grand Camp had a smoldering fire in the hole which the captain tried to put out by sealing the hole and filing it with steam.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 71 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,732
Posts18,457,526
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.