Campfire Tracker
At most places I checked on the WWW.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Should have stocked up when you could, with the [bleep] going on in the US, buy when you can

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
At most places I checked on the WWW.

Don’t know what you are looking for but Powder Valley has Accurate, IMR, Hodgdon, Norma, Goex and Shooters World in stock. I have definitely seen it worse but i got plenty stocked.

Swifty
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Powder Valley rocks.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was on their sight yesterday... they are pretty well stocked with a lot of available types of powder..

only ones they were out of, were the usual favorites from all the shooting rags....

on the other hand, I've noticed a lot of availability of H 4350, all over the place
and that is one that has been hard to find over the last couple of years....

powder Valley is also stocking Shooters World powder... which I know little or nothing about...just have heard the name...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Shooters World is made by Lovex, Lovex used to make certain powders like #2,5,7 and 9 for Accurate before it was bought out by Western.
https://shootersworldpowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ShootersWorldManual-03102020.pdf

Swifty
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

3rd Generation Shooters another source

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was on their sight yesterday... they are pretty well stocked with a lot of available types of powder..

only ones they were out of, were the usual favorites from all the shooting rags....

on the other hand, I've noticed a lot of availability of H 4350, all over the place
and that is one that has been hard to find over the last couple of years....

powder Valley is also stocking Shooters World powder... which I know little or nothing about...just have heard the name...

Yeah, we are doing well for H4350 here locally as well. I'm having a hell of a time finding AR comp though.. I've been shooting my AR10 308w with different powders in the cupboard to see how it does, so I can conserve my 223 powder and bullets.. Lastnight I was shooting 4064 and pulled wwII 150gr bullets through my AR10, and my SKS with steel cased ammo grin . It worked out well, but I still wished I had about 20 pounds of AR comp right now...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
About 8 weeks ago, I bought 24 pounds of AR Comp from Powder Valley....

I took one keg of it, and gave the other two kegs to a disabled Marine Buddy..

he paid me for it....

If ya need it that bad, I'd keep checking in with Powder Valley's site...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A small local gun shop and Guns Unlimited in Omaha, the two places I rely on for reloading supplies, have had plenty of powder and still at reasonably low prices. I even snagged 2000 small rifle primers from the local shop a couple weeks ago.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
But, if you are willing to try something new there is propellent out there. Been using a few new brands of powder and getting pretty good results, to the extent that I'm laying in a supply. Also figured I should experiment more and load up my least favorites sitting in my inventory for specific rifles and enjoy shooting.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been pretty lucky of late. Scored H4350, H4831SC, TAC, and 6.5 StaBall. I'm set.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Been pretty lucky of late. Scored H4350, H4831SC, TAC, and 6.5 StaBall. I'm set.

The way this country is being driven in the direction the left is driving it, I don't think ANYONE is ever "SET"....

and I'm not talking shooting coyotes and bunny rabbits..

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I grabbed 4# of Varget the other day, code on the bottle was 1072820. The shop had six 1# bottles too but they only allowed one container of powder per purchase so I grabbed the larger one. I've been able to pick up some TAC, BL-C(2), and H4350 over the last few weeks too.

Now, i have to decide what loads to work on.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I placed an order with Powder Valley on Tuesday and got an email yesterday it has shipped..

AA 2015.... it and AR Comp turns out to work REAL well in the 6.5 Grendal that I am playing with ( Bolt action Ruger)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have been watching almost daily for a few months and agree with the OP's heading. It's going going going... What good are all these primers without powder? Dohhh, I will need more bullets. What about brass? Buy buy buy.

Also, been scouring past threads on this or that powder, bullet, primer, cartridge, some of it with zero personal experience. Very appreciative to so many good folks around here for sharing over the years even though it's a heck of a lot easier not to!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Might give Leverevolution a chance in the Grendel.

We tested a lot of powders and it and H-335 were the best with 100-120 grain bullets.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Might give Leverevolution a chance in the Grendel.

We tested a lot of powders and it and H-335 were the best with 100-120 grain bullets.

thanks Plainsman, but anything would be having a tough time beating what velocity and accuracy I am getting out of AR Comp with the 120s and 123 grain bullets...and what I am getting out of 2015 with any of the lighter bullets...

3 and 5 shots at 100 yds, is yielding about a 30 to 33 caliber sized one hole group...

The action is not real smooth in this Ruger, but those two powders are definitely turning in tight groups..

other powders not so much...I tend to do what the rifle barrel dictates what it likes...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Another props to Powder Valley's gitten it done without delay. Even sending by my preferred carrier as requested. First class outfit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My PV order came in yesterday. They shipped 24 hrs after I placed the order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.