Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi there!

Apologies if this post is inappropriate and if so, please delete! But I want to share a bit of happiness for us that has come as a silver lining from these wild and difficult times...

My daughter had her summer job get kaiboshed because of all the crazy pandemic action this summer - she was really bummed out so we struck a deal to create together a new job for her. As a family, we’ve been shooting a lot of rimfire with a series of steel animal silhouettes of our own design, and we’ve had a good enough time with them I’ve always thought others might enjoy them too.

So we ordered up some steel and had a bunch of whitetail, coyotes, and stands CNC laser cut. We welded them all up with scoring paddles you can shoot to re-set, figured out how to send them in the mail, and built a little web store.

She has aspirations to be an animator when she’s an adult, so we finished off her summer work program by collaborating on a video short to introduce them to others. She’s spent the past three weeks working on the almost-800 frames she drew by hand to realize her anime-self as a presenter:

As her dad, I feel blessed to get to not only spend time in the woods with her practicing on our favourite targets and putting that practice to work on small and big game, but to also watch her be excited to chase her dream by working out her first piece of “commercial art”.

So what can you tell us about your favourite rimfire targets? How do you use them? What are the things you like the most about them?

Hope you and all your loved ones are safe, healthy, and happy in these strange times...

Best wishes,

Brobee

Last edited by Brobee; 08/06/20.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nifty video! I still mostly use tin cans with a little dirt in them, but your targets look cool. Is that a CZ 457?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you selling these targets? And if so how much?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Brobee: Congratulations on the obviously great job you have done raising Julia and for helping her out on a cool project.
I would like to buy ONE of these in the shape and size of a standing Rock Chuck/Wood Chuck.
My VarmintGrandChildren would get a kick out of shooting at one of those.
Let me know if Julia can accommodate a Rock Chuck silhouette - no hurry, as they can't travel this summer anyways.
Again good work!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brobee you have a fine kid .thank you for your outstanding job of being a father .that young lady will grow up to be a great person

IC B2

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by 300_savage
Nifty video! I still mostly use tin cans with a little dirt in them, but your targets look cool. Is that a CZ 457?

You becha - a CZ 457 varmint

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I would like to buy ONE of these in the shape and size of a standing Rock Chuck/Wood Chuck.
My VarmintGrandChildren would get a kick out of shooting at one of those.

Something like this?

[Linked Image]

We have some other prototypes we were just about to have cut - perhaps we could make a couple of these marmots instead.

Originally Posted by Whelenman
Are you selling these targets? And if so how much?

Yes, part of our project was to build a simple webstore which you can find at www.woodlandtargets.ca

Originally Posted by 44mc
Brobee you have a fine kid .thank you for your outstanding job of being a father .that young lady will grow up to be a great person

The wish every parent has for their children...thanks for your kind comment. She will be the first to tell you I make a lot of mistakes in the parenting department, here's hoping I get more right than wrong!

Appreciate your comments and feedback folks, thank you!

Best,

Brobee

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Can you give shipping estimates?

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Can you give shipping estimates?

Our webstore calculates shipping automatically at checkout and we're unsure how to generate quotes outside of the store, as anytime we've tried the rates vary quite a bit (in favour of our webstore, so I think shopify gets a preferential rate).

What I can tell you is that our first American customer ordered a complete coyote+whitetail kit at 280$CAN. His shipping for the 25lb package from Alberta to Iowa worked out to 55$CAN for a total bill of 335$CAN. That day our exchange rate was 0.748, so his total cost was 265$US.

Cheers,

Brobee

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Awesome. Thank you. May have to grab these for the kids.

B
Brobee Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Appreciate the support shown by folks who purchased her first kit! She's now re-invested to expand our product line with an additional 3 kits.

Hope you're all keeping safe, healthy, and happy in these very different times!

Best,

Brobee

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,200
Posts18,466,008
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.