-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always lovely to run across a pile out in the woods that someone didn't even have the common decency to bury, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sasquatch?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lets just say it is no comparison to owing a portable toilet business, sticking the suction hose in a very full tank in a toilet at a construction site and having the vacuum valve in "BLOW" rather than "VACUUM". First toilet of the day with 5 more to clean on that site before any chance to clean up and when that banjo valve handle opened up is was like standing at the base of Mt. Vesuvius when it blew! All I could do was grab the washdown hose, hose myself and the entire inside of the toilet down and clean the next five.

That or the day the bottom sight glass blew on the 3400 gallon full septic tank on the Kenworth T800. Nothing to do but zip up the rain gear tight and jump up and shove the fist into the 4" hole until the co-worker could get a board to jam in place. Yep, always interesting owning a septic/portable toilet business.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
^^^^

That reminds me of a JW electrician local 429
, working at the nashville bridgestone area. Instead of doing his job he was down on the ground chewin the fat with the shît pumper dude.

The guys said there was a change in tone of the pumper truck, then a spectacular hose burst.

Haha, there was effluent muck splatter all down the side of the jobsite trailer except for the outline of a man. 😃

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
LMAO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

Hope tomorrow is better,

1Minute
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to work for a company that cleaned and inspected pipe, primarily sanitary sewers. Cleaned and inspected pipes as small as 4" and as large as 110". When we cleaned the 110" pipe, we actually lowed an ATV down into the sewer with a modified snow plow on the front to push the solids to a manhole. Did that job for about 15 years.
SO, as bad as your story sounds, I've got several that make yours seem like a sunny walk in the park.

And these days I work at a sewer treatment plant, it's not often but we have times every now and then that we have to do a nasty job. Thankfully it's usually a controlled mess and we have of PPE on.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
A guy I know that runs a septic pumper says " it may be [bleep] to you but its bread and butter to me". A flush beats a full house.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
How bout a pantie-clogged ejector pump...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
If they're going to keep on flushin' those, will need a bigger pump - quite a bit bigger.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
An assistant principal at the high school where I taught auto mechanics owned a backhoe and a dozer and did landscaping on weekends and in the summertime. He found out the hard way that the lid on a septic tank will not support the weight of a D-5 Cat! He was clearing some property where a house had burned down years before and nobody remembered there was a tank there.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Always lovely to run across a pile out in the woods that someone didn't even have the common decency to bury, eh?

I know , My dog just ate a Mexican diaper full of schit hiking. terrible breath for days

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reminds me of the Red Green show when they would each talk about their favorite car... Winston the septic sucker was talking about an old station wagon...
"I even started my business with it."
Red "you had a business before septic tanks."
Winston "no, I just put a kiddie pool in back, rolled down the windows, and drove like Hell."
Red "you didn't have problems with that."
Winston "not really, but for years after I would break out in a cold sweat every time I saw a Stop sign!"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Valsdad, I've become a big fan of indoor plumbing, my horse trailer had living quarters, and a black water tank, when it needed to be emptied, I would open the valve and drive around a 100 acre cow pasture then fill it with water and that good smelling stuff and make another trip, worked for me for years, never caused any problems. Rio7

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow man that sounds NASTY sorry to hear of yer difficulties that’s pretty $h!tty fer sure!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In high school, I had FFA first period so when they asked for volunteers to cuts pigs that would be raised for the county fair, my buddy and I stuck our hands up and got picked. we went to second period and the teacher sent us to the office and they sent us home, we had pig [bleep] all over our boots and jeans. we went and got a couple six packs and went fishing, a real good chitty day.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like a surefire way to cure someone from biting their fingernails.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Reminds me of the Red Green show when they would each talk about their favorite car... Winston the septic sucker was talking about an old station wagon...
"I even started my business with it."
Red "you had a business before septic tanks."
Winston "no, I just put a kiddie pool in back, rolled down the windows, and drove like Hell."
Red "you didn't have problems with that."
Winston "not really, but for years after I would break out in a cold sweat every time I saw a Stop sign!"

grin

Always like the man's prayer too: "I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess."

and the motto of the possum lodge:

Quando omni flunkus moritati

[Linked Image from redgreenshop.com]

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by stxhunter
well i read about a guy trying to steal gas from an rv, only he stuck the siphon hose in the wrong tank.
I've heard those stories a few times. I remember Paul Harvey relating one. In that one, the RV had 2 gas tanks and a too-small blackwater tank. The owner liked to park by a lake for long periods of time and needed a larger blackwater tank so he converted 1 of the gas tanks to a blackwater tank. The thief picked that one to steal from.

20 years ago, a guy that worked for me had his in-laws come to visit in an RV with a full tank. Mark told his FIL that he would help him dump it into the PVC clean out pipe for his septic line when he got home. FIL would not wait. Found the PVC "clean out" pipe and dumped the full load ... into an external fill pipe for the cistern. Took Mark three days to pump out, scrub, and sanitize his cistern...

That FIL is an ass of the first order!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by m_stevenson

So, who can beat that one for a schitty day?

You win buddy, I'm not playin' this game.

[Linked Image from bigpinekey.com]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,401
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.