Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Paul39
I thought the stupid fad of wearing ball caps backward would die in a couple of years, and that was a couple of decades ago,

I saw a young dude walking down the street about a week ago, mid-afternoon, bright sun here in the desert SW, and cap on backward

I guess it's considered cool in some circles. That and really ugly beards, sometimes both together.

Paul

You've never had a cap blow off? Had them in the way while shooting? Had them blocking whatever was above you? Lots of reasons, not to mention "just for the hell of it."

Wearing them backwards goes back at least a half century.
I don't think it means anything and don't pay it any mind .

Leroy, this you?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was wrong about cabin fever, I thought it would be over by June. And here it is well into August! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i thought it would be a good idea to participate here

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I will not free base cocaine agin

Puzzy

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Paul39
Makes me think of the Jimmy character in Yellowstone. Ranch hand, usually with the backward cap.

I suppose it's futile to wonder about what it means, if anything. If you are a baseball catcher or welder, OK. Everybody else it's just stupid.

Paul

Or under a motorcycle helmet....or doing it just to piss off people that don't like it....

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought HRC & Co would be locked up in Gitmo by now...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I thought Fireball2 was a
widely respected member here

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

So hurtful. Almost like you intended it that way.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by gunner500
Long ago, loading gear into a Yukon expecting the beautiful smart girl I had met some months prior to NOT be there when I got back in a year.

Thinking EVERY X or Current Mil/Leo guy carried 24/7/365! crazy that one knocked me over with a feather when I found some, [MOST] worry about 'comfort' when out and about.........HO LEE FU-K! i'll get comfortable when I get back to the GD house.

Amen brother!

Coincidentally I was watching WWII in HD the past few days and one of the gentlemen whose story they were telling was a newly minted officer just after Pearl Harbor. His name was Charles Scheffel and he was from Oklahoma, he attended Oklahoma A&M. Charles was married to his sweetheart before shipping out to North Africa and wanted nothing more than to return to his beautiful bride just like so many men that never did. He was wounded and bleeding from a Nazi shell in the ruins of some European village when he came to the realization that if he didn’t get up and moving he would die. Charles said that he wanted nothing more than to get home so that he could “make love to his wife again”. He had all the ‘comfort’ he needed with only the memory of what waited for him at home.
He spent a good deal of time recovering but since they had to amputate his trigger finger he was sent back home. Once Charles got to Virginia (IIRC) he called his wife and said “quit work and come meet me in Arlington”. She replied “I’ll be getting on the 3 o’clock train day after tomorrow”. Charles was so excited to see the women he loved but hadn’t seen in a few years that he got to town a few hours early and was sitting there trying to figure out how he could afford a room at the Arlington Inn when a man approached him and said “Captain, you look like you’re having a hard time. Wait here....”. Two minutes later that man came back and said “Captain, hold out your hand”. Charles held out his hand and the anonymous man put the keys to The Suite at the Arlington Inn in his hands. Feeling that divine intervention had interceded just as it had a couple of times during his darkest moments of combat he said a prayer and thanked God for once again saving his hide.....then his beautiful bride arrived and they had a welcome home night the likes of which he only dreamt about...... the dream that sustained him in combat and carried him during the storms of battle was now hugging him and kissing him in real life....on American soil! His wife gave birth to their first child 9 months to the day after their reunion.

Anyway Sir, I thought of you and your story encouraged me to let you know that.

I guess that sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn because I married way above my pay grade. Knowing what true love feels like makes Charles’s story easily relatable to those of us lucky enough to have found it.....I’d venture that you could relate as well. 👍

Great story, Ace. Some love themselves too much to ever really love someone else.

Very true Jag.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
I will not free base cocaine agin

That smokey white devil is no longer a part of my life, either.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.