Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
This one rifle I have absolutely no regrets . It shoots a lot of factory ammo three shot groups under an inch and handloads run from .25" to .6" for most . Nosler 180's and Sierra 125`s and Hornady 130,s will shoot pretty consitant in this range . Others will to but this morning I was playing with 125 Pro Hunters over 51.5 gr of W748 seated deep and to just off the lands , frigging incredible groups . Have had several 308`s but this rifle out shoots the ones that even had bull barrels and better triggers .
Kenneth

GB1

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve Always given my venture props. Shoots as good as my Tikka for 1/2 the price.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one in 243 Winchester it is a compact model and it shoots lights out. I also have a Tikka in 243 and the Venture shoots as good.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah contrary to what the Tikka fanboys spout on this site there are plenty of rifles that shoot as good (or better) than Tikka's ....There I said it 😬.....Hb

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dre
I’ve Always given my venture props. Shoots as good as my Tikka for 1/2 the price.

My buddy loves his TC ventures. They shoot lights out, especially with my handloads. I'd buy one, if I could find a weathershield for a good price. His is every bit as accurate as my Tikka's. Not as light, but just as accurate..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah contrary to what the Tikka fanboys spout on this site there are plenty of rifles that shoot as good (or better) than Tikka's ....There I said it 😬.....Hb

Elaborate

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a Tikka and a Venture. The Venture is almost as accurate as the Tikka but the trigger mechanism in the Venture is garbage in comparison as is the magazine. Accuracy alone does not make a hunting rifle great or of good quality.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
My Stevens 200 is more accurate than my Tikka. That does not mean it's a better rifle.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I have a Tikka and a Venture. The Venture is almost as accurate as the Tikka but the trigger mechanism in the Venture is garbage in comparison as is the magazine. Accuracy alone does not make a hunting rifle great or of good quality.

I agree the trigger could be better , so far no issues with the magazine . Have often wondered why they didn’t do a better trigger , but see no short comings in the venture predator as a whole .
Out of the box sporter shooting .6” or with a variety of bullet weights and powder is a good rifle to me .
Plus a good many factory loads shooting an inch or less with little change in point of impact from various bullets and powders .
Can’t see nothing to bitch about there .

But the trigger does reguire a good bit of self control to not let it trip you up .
But have been eyeballing a tikka in 300 Winchester . But there again got a Remington 783 in the 300 with a great trigger and after hogging out the forearm it shoots a lot of factory stuff 1.25” or less and some hand loads better with a very nice trigger .
Guns like this make it hard for me to justify Tikka prices , but it’s tempting to just see what the hoobla is all about .
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 08/10/20.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I bought a TC Venture 30-06 several years back, and only bought it because I got a great deal on it used from a guy who had it priced really low. My thought was to buy it, then resell it a couple years later and make $100 or more on it. But of course, anytime I buy a gun I always go shoot it first, so off I went to the range. So I get to the range, and at 100 yards (with the cheap scope that came on it) I can literally cover the first three shots with a nickel. Seriously??? After doing that I couldn’t justify getting rid of it! smile So now that Venture is topped with a Leupold VX2 3-9x50mm scope, and is one of the rifles I rotate thru during every deer season.

From what I’ve read, a lot of people have found Venture’s to be tack drivers. I know mine is, and I have zero plans to get rid of it.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 3,266 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.