Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The "TIME TO MASSIVELY SUPPORT THE NRA!" thread yesterday prodded me into donating to both the Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation again. I sent $50 to each. Then I got to thinking about how those two organizations manage and spend their money.
Any budding Wayne LaPews involved in either one?
How much are the executives paid?
Both organizations seem to be largely family affairs with money also going to executives side businesses.
Good or bad? You can decide. I'll keep giving since there are no other options, and as a whole I don't see any rank thievery.
If your interested, here are their latest IRS 501 (c) filings that provide the details.
Scroll down towards the bottom to see the money spent on related parties and organizations.

GOA 501(c) 2018

SAF 501(c) 2018

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There are endless "other" options. NEVER trust any organization to protect or defend your individual rights. That never works, and it is generally a scam, just as has become utterly apparent with the NRA. Lobby groups have always been on the Scumbag spectrum somewhere between "sullied" and "completely mafioso-style criminal."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, H and S, you can't count on your Politician to protect your individual rights on an individual basis, can you? When was the last time you got to chew on Max Faukus and Jon Pester about your rights?

There are several gun wagons out there, I sure hope you are buying a little hay for the horses pulling at least ONE of them, not just another griping freeloader.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Well, H and S, you can't count on your Politician to protect your individual rights on an individual basis, can you? When was the last time you got to chew on Max Faukus and Jon Pester about your rights?

There are several gun wagons out there, I sure hope you are buying a little hay for the horses pulling at least ONE of them, not just another griping freeloader.

We sure can't battle the gun grabbers by ourselves.

Inasmuch as "pooling our resources" to help fight for the 2nd Amendment sounds like a good idea, it's become real clear the NRA has chosen to spend those resources to their own liking...

Much like the crooked politicians they are supposed to be fighting. sick

I'm thinking the days of contributing money to fight for our rights are dwindling, and everybody is going to resort to the very Amendment in question to retain them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The "TIME TO MASSIVELY SUPPORT THE NRA!" thread yesterday prodded me into donating to both the Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation again. I sent $50 to each. Then I got to thinking about how those two organizations manage and spend their money.
Any budding Wayne LaPews involved in either one?
How much are the executives paid?
Both organizations seem to be largely family affairs with money also going to executives side businesses.
Good or bad? You can decide. I'll keep giving since there are no other options, and as a whole I don't see any rank thievery.
If your interested, here are their latest IRS 501 (c) filings that provide the details.
Scroll down towards the bottom to see the money spent on related parties and organizations.

GOA 501(c) 2018

SAF 501(c) 2018

Than you for posting this.

I haven't had a chance to review it in any detail. However, GOA seems to be mostly a private business for the Pratt family. With only $1,000,000 of net assets, they aren't going to get very far. 2nd Amendment Foundation has more assets and pays less for "management." It would be interesting to compare these with the NRA.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the NRA's filing for comparison.

NRA 501(c) 2018

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
2nd Amendment Foundation based on their 990's . And yes the GOA appears to be a business for the Pratt family. FFFuck the NRA!

Last edited by sidepass; 08/08/20.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Isn't the key question how effective they are at accomplishing goals. I don't care if they hire family as long as they get the job done. I don't know the answer to be honest. I just know we need someone to organize and pool.

Last edited by OldHat; 08/08/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent post, thank you.

Just the fact we are LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS and send our money where it does the most will have the most effect. If there are two or three organizations working towards our 2nd amendment goals and have to compete for our money, accountability may even be possible.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lawsuit against the NRA is just another attack on our second amendment rights.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by sidepass
2nd Amendment Foundation based on their 990's . And yes the GOA appears to be a business for the Pratt family. FFFuck the NRA!

This.
SAF News

https://www.saf.org/category/news/

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone ever heard of not Changing horses in the middle of the stream. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Do the same for the NRA. In 2018 over $350 million income.The NRA is still the strongest but its isssues are distracting.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The lawsuit against the NRA is just another attack on our second amendment rights.
No kidding. And who was heading up NRA and left the door open? Do you know H. Paul Payne who is Wayne's man in California?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Anyone ever heard of not Changing horses in the middle of the stream. Hasbeen

Yeah. Better to go down with the [bleep], uh, i mean ship.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Former Mt congressman just called into Guntalk radio show which is discussing the NRA and he said when he started running for the office John tester now holds, he says the NRA walked out on him with his A+ rating saying they needed to become more bipartisan. Unreal. If you get Guntalk Sunday radio they are going to call him back after the hour break going on now.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have either sued over the unconstitutional bump stock ban?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
There are endless "other" options. NEVER trust any organization to protect or defend your individual rights. That never works, and it is generally a scam, just as has become utterly apparent with the NRA. Lobby groups have always been on the Scumbag spectrum somewhere between "sullied" and "completely mafioso-style criminal."

^ ^ ^
This.

The priority of any organization is to serve the interests of the organization. Why anyone, anywhere, ever believed otherwise is beyond me, and the fact that anyone ever did is a testament to the gullibility of the human mind. I submit that it is good practice to question and be skeptical of those who spew things we tend to agree with even more than those who spew things we tend to disagree with.

YMMV

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Be better off just sending money to Joel Olsteen......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

380 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 35 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,226
Posts18,447,682
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.