OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
It is with great sadness I post this:

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/17483407/David-Lee-Hooper

David Lee Hooper

June 4, 1957 - July 16, 2020

Obituary

David Lee Hooper, 63, of Greenville, SC, after a valiant battle with cancer, peacefully passed away Thursday, July 16, 2020, surrounded by his loving family. David was known for his charisma and kindness, his love for his family and friends, and his love of life. He was a man of deep faith and charity who loved cooking, hunting, fishing, and sports.

David attended Wade Hampton High School and The Baptist College of Charleston. After college, he had an impressive career in Information Technology (IT) that spanned more than 4 decades and allowed him to live in various cities before settling in Reston, VA, and eventually back to his beloved hometown of Greenville.

The early years of David's career in IT were in the developing stages of personal computing and business computing technology with the emerging Microsoft Corp. and Altos Computers Systems among other technology pioneers. As the internet was born, David worked with some of the companies that developed machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies that would further raise computing and communications capabilities to the next level. For close to three decades, David was a significant contributor to the growth of IBM's presence in the ever-evolving Cybersecurity Threat Protection market, as the IBM Alliance Director for North America - IBM Cybersecurity Division.

David was an expert in many areas including sales and business development, creating and developing Global Business Alliances, and opening new markets with early-stage technology that changed the way business was conducted. He was considered an exceptional business leader who inspired his employees, co-workers, and customers, and found it rewarding to provide his skills as a consultant to place top quality candidates with companies.

Although helping new technology companies in emerging markets was exciting for David, he had other passions that he turned into entrepreneurial business ventures as well. His strongest passion was for cooking great food and feeding others; accordingly, he opened the Corporate Deli and Corporate Services.

David is survived by his parents, Bob and Kay Hooper; sisters, Debbie Breedin, and Rebecca McMullen; brother, Robert Hooper; niece, Ashton Reese; nephews, Dixon Breedin, Miles McMullen, Miller McMullen, Colby McCall, Trey Lewis, and Logan Hooper; and great nephews, Hollis Reese, Wells Reese, and Charlie Lewis. David was predeceased by his paternal grandparents Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hooper and Mr. and Mrs. Weldon Guffey of Asheville, NC.

Due to COVID restrictions, a private family service will be held.

In lieu of flowers, please send donations to St. Jude's Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN, 38105; Mercy Chefs, 711 Washington St., Portsmouth, VA, 23704; or the Samaritan’s Purse, PO Box 3000, Boone NC 28607.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you for passing that along Miss Lynn, I was afraid of that.

David was a good one, I miss him.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well poop,

Thanks Lynn for the notice.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He was great, I liked him a lot. He was always kind, always humble. Great guy.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
RIP David. Prayers for the family and friends.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn! Hate to hear that! David was one of the Good Guys here! He will be missed!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well that's a bad deal. Condolences to his family and friends.

He was a religious poster until about 3 years ago, then stopped cold turkey. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A good and helpful man. RIP, David.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP David.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
RIP David !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
David was a good friend, and we exchanged many a package of honey, hot sauce and the like. I was afraid of this news since he did not return my last messages or letters. My prayers are with his family.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
RIP Sir!

Godspeed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Godspeed, David. frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very sad to hear. He and I exchanged many PM's and several different BBQ rubs through the mail over the years . He was a great member here and added a lot over his time when the CF was a more gentile place.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
RIP David.

May the Lord bring comfort and peace to his family and friends. 63 years old is too young....

I would think that with all of the technology and knowledge that science has accumulated over the past 50 years regarding genes, DNA, etc we’d have a cure for cancer, or at the least we’d have better and more effective treatments.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
RIP. God bless you!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
David was a good guy. we had exchanged many of a message related to our faiths, and friendship.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Gus
David was a good guy. we had exchanged many of a message related to our faiths, and friendship.

Amen.

Lynn

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Godspeed David, David not only touched my life with kindness but my family's as well.... Truly a great individual.

Sad news.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Rest in Peace. Condolences to friends and family.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (163bc, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.