Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have y’all recently changed how images are posted to the website...? I’ve always been able to easily post images from my Photobucket to this website using the IMG link, but now...the only thing that is displayed on the website is the link itself. Like this:
[img]https://hosting.photobucket.com/ima...idth=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]
That has always worked until recently. Photobucket says there’s no problem with my 3rd party hosting capability on their end. They asked me to touch bases with you guys. So I am. Help would be appreciated.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have to click the 'direct' option and add the [img] [/img] manually

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never had to do that before to post Photobucket images but I’d like to check out what you’re describing. Where do I find this ‘direct’ option...?

Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is an option on photobucket, when you click 'share this image'. Instead of 'html code or thumbnail', or 'IMG or thumbnail' or 'email/IM', click 'direct link'. Copy and paste to the fire. Manually add the [img] in front, [/img] at the end. Pain in the ass, but with the new PB that's the only way I've found to make it work and still be able to use the pics I've got there.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]It worked...! Not sure why I now gotta go about doin’ it that way, but at least I can post an image now. Photobucket recently moved all images to a new site, and my stuff has been major jacked up since then. Anyway, Thank You Don. Much obliged.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Have y’all recently changed how images are posted to the website...? I’ve always been able to easily post images from my Photobucket to this website using the IMG link, but now...the only thing that is displayed on the website is the link itself. Like this:
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
That has always worked until recently. Photobucket says there’s no problem with my 3rd party hosting capability on their end. They asked me to touch bases with you guys. So I am. Help would be appreciated.

Or delete everything after the .png that you originally posted.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Photobucket recently moved all images to a new site, and my stuff has been major jacked up since then.

The bastids lost about half of my pics in the move to the 'updated' server. All they can come up with is, too bad, so sad...... and now you have to scroll thru years of pics instead of just going to the page they were on. It sucks, but image shack is totally unusable to me now. If one of you guys could tell me how to work it now, I'd be obliged.....

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Photobucket is all I have Don. Thank You again for helping me. I only access the internet through my iPhone, and the new Photobucket site is horrendous on my phone.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm surprised any of you guys still use photobucket. imgur is where its at..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.