Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I sent a youth shotgun to a friend in Dallas TX from Houston TX on Wednesday the 5th 2-Day Domestic and they said it would be there by Saturday the 8th, but it did not show up on Saturday, and over the weekend when you track it it said Unavailable but today it says in Transit and still has not been delivered?

Has anyone ever seen this Unavailable notice when tracking a USPS package?

Tracy

OMG Noooooooo!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never been upset with USPS. FedEx though makes everything including carrier pigeon look fast here.

Yup.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a scope scheduled for Friday and hasn’t arrived yet.

T
T
Use registered mail, it costs more but is way more secure,requires a signature at each hand off and it is kept separated from the rest of the mail.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Snivel, snivel, whine, whine. You have no concept of the amount of packages the USPS handles daily. A postal employee from a small rural community was talking about it just a day ago, and they had 2 pallets from Amazon alone in just one day to sort and deliver.

You can find something wrong with a pair of pliers if you use them long enough, but with this so-called pandemic, the amount of mail would that is handled would stop an army. You could always start your own freight company, but it would most likely end up like UPS or Fedex, and every one would hate you.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shipped a rifle in state last Tuesday, and the estimated delivery date was Friday. The destination is literally 2 1/2 hrs drive away. I shipped it priority with a sig requirement as was requested by the receiver. Tracking hasn't worked since from get go with the unavailable, or information available soon message displayed. And the f**king Dems want mail in voting? Gimme a break.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I ordered a mountain tactical recoil lug for my Tikka 3 weeks ago, tracking hasn’t updated since late July. The PO said sorry, we can’t find it. The company said it was no big deal and I just need to wait longer.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for a fishing pole I bought on Ebay. Doubt I'll ever see it.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
USPS has been running a day or 2 behind estimated delivery date,probably due to the panscamic. But I did had a transaction with another fire member that was right on time for both of us. Maybe they're coming around.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They are running 5-7 days behind on everything here in east Texas, including first class and priority mail.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I shipped a rifle USPS Priority Insured from Ohio to Michigan. My rifle sat in some distribution facility in Detroit for weeks. Tracking would show delayed but still deliverable. I filed an inquiry through their system and it was a waste of time. All they said was, “Yes, your package is delayed in Detroit. It will eventually continue to its final destination. There is nothing further that can be done at this time.”
It was finally delivered last week. After nearly a month. Always had good luck in the past using USPS...shipped dozens of guns without a hitch. No more...something changed and it ain’t for the good.

Buy once, cry once.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
FWIW you haven't lived until you hav had a claim with the Brown Crushing Machine. I have used USPS for a long time with no negative incidents. Not so with UPS.

HM

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
do you guys realize that usps does not do the long disatnce in between shipping stuff. You are relying on fed Ex and commercial airlines. Usps handles getting it from the local post office to nearest big office near terminal and vice versa on the back end...most of the delay time is in the middle

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOFF
Not a rifle, but lately, several packages have just disappeared for a day or two using USPS.

God Bless,
David B.

THIS

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Same here. I purchased an item and the seller used 3 day priority shipping, it took 2 weeks to get here. I haven't had any problems with Fed Ex or UPS. Maybe some of the protestors could spend their time sorting mail.

Elkslayer53
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had 2 scopes coming at same time one from Washington st and one from ala To va the one from Washington was a day early and the one from ala was a day late . I have had some mind blowing delivery and received on time most have been I can not believe it got there or here that quick and a couple of are they doing pony express now . But mainly been satisfied with USPS even with all the crazy COVID stuff going on. Hope gets there soon and in tact .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered something from NC. This was on the 3rd of Aug. Today it is the 11th. This is the last updated and no estimated delivery

Date Local Time Activity
Carrollton,
TX, US
08/05/2020 6:03 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility

This is 6 days later.

You figure that poop out!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have had mixed results from all carriers. Recently I had a gun being shipped USPS from NY to VA, go beyond the delivery date by a week, with no intermittent status on delivery. Evenly it arrived on a Saturday morning around noon, and was left outside on the porch without any notification.

My worse example was trying to get my gun back from United Airline in Charlotte after a hunting trip in North Dakota. It is surprising I was not arrested. I will never fly United ever again. And the gun was still in their possession.

I have another friend who had to hire an attorney to get back a $19K shotgun from FedEX in GSO, NC, over a 4 month period of being lost.

We should not lose sight of the fact all carriers know what is in the package most of the time especially a long gun. Just saying, some of my experience.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have a good one for you. I was expecting a package from UPS and it never came. One day I was walking by my old garage with my high-boy in and I saw that the garage door had been opened. The hood had been opened and I couldn't see anything wrong. I went to close the hood and noticed that UPS driver had placed a parcel between the grill and the radiator. No notice or anything.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a standard business envelope sent to me from Prudential. It was mailed on July 22nd. I finally received it yesterday. It took 14 business days for an envelope that should be no more that 3 to 5 business days.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,311
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.