-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks like a fun bus - should get you to Mass in style. The Detroit is rather different - a 2 stroke setup with behavior and output that dffers from the conventional 4 strokes - and a lot of guys I have known said that, to get the best out of them, they had to drive them as if they were constantly angry with the engine. The Allison trans has been a good one for me.

Have a great trip.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 stroke diesel!

6-71? It’s what your Cummins wanted to be when it grew up!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fear and Loathing in Boston seems to come to mind!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You step out of that and people are going think it's a flashback to a eighties Freddy Fender tour

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hope his neighbors are cool otherwise the gestapo gonna pay a visit.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Roger...Leighton said you can't come but I'm allowed as NY doesn't have to quarantine....he says we will take lots of pictures so you can see what you're missing

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does that thing have seat belts in the hot tub? In many states open container laws apply to passengers so having a nip of wine in the hot tub while on the road is illegal.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn, I'd rather ride in style than fly on a sardine can with a little bag of pretzels.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Roger...Leighton said you can't come but I'm allowed as NY doesn't have to quarantine....he says we will take lots of pictures so you can see what you're missing

we's already making plans for oct. fish and bird hunting, fish the cape, then new Hampshire for pheasant and grouse, ducks also.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Hope his neighbors are cool otherwise the gestapo gonna pay a visit.

LOL

Right... I think they are from what he's told me.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Does that thing have seat belts in the hot tub? In many states open container laws apply to passengers so having a nip of wine in the hot tub while on the road is illegal.

one of those laws to be ignored doubt there will much drinking, we will be taking turns driving.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
That looks like a fun bus - should get you to Mass in style. The Detroit is rather different - a 2 stroke setup with behavior and output that dffers from the conventional 4 strokes - and a lot of guys I have known said that, to get the best out of them, they had to drive them as if they were constantly angry with the engine. The Allison trans has been a good one for me.

Have a great trip.

CCCC;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one for you folks and you're all well.

While I'm not certain of the vintage of the Prevost chassis which Roger's photo shows, the folks at Detroit Diesel quit making the fascinating/frustrating 2 strokes in '98 if I'm correct.

They were indeed, in my limited experience, easy to drive angry, but I was much, much younger then and it was a loaded grain truck with a 5 & 4 transmission which in and of itself would test the patience of a saint. Combined with the characteristics of a high revving, next to no low end torque Detroit..... well I was certainly speaking in tongues before I reached the truck's final destination... wink

I want to say that bus is likely the Series 60 Detroit engine which are a conventional 4 stroke diesel.

Anyways sir, for the file of information you didn't need to know and all that.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

You're a homo.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Now that looks like it would make for a good hunting camp, Roger.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Put a cattle guard on that thing and swing through every Antifa rally on the way there!

Have a good time!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Now that looks like it would make for a good hunting camp, Roger.

the main reason he bought it was to use in Port A, its a 45 mile trip from his house to there, he sometimes has 4-5 trips offshore back to back so instead of trailering the boat back and forth or sleeping on the boat, he'll have the bus to sleep on and haul the boat. lots of times he' been so tired that it was all he could do to keep from falling asleep hauling that boat home.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by CCCC
That looks like a fun bus - should get you to Mass in style. The Detroit is rather different - a 2 stroke setup with behavior and output that dffers from the conventional 4 strokes - and a lot of guys I have known said that, to get the best out of them, they had to drive them as if they were constantly angry with the engine. The Allison trans has been a good one for me. Have a great trip.

CCCC;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one for you folks and you're all well. While I'm not certain of the vintage of the Prevost chassis which Roger's photo shows, the folks at Detroit Diesel quit making the fascinating/frustrating 2 strokes in '98 if I'm correct. They were indeed, in my limited experience, easy to drive angry, but I was much, much younger then and it was a loaded grain truck with a 5 & 4 transmission which in and of itself would test the patience of a saint. Combined with the characteristics of a high revving, next to no low end torque Detroit..... well I was certainly speaking in tongues before I reached the truck's final destination... wink I want to say that bus is likely the Series 60 Detroit engine which are a conventional 4 stroke diesel. Anyways sir, for the file of information you didn't need to know and all that. All the best to you all. Dwayne
Hello Dwayne - nice to hear from you. I knew that DD had stopped making the 2-strokes a while back - and I never did any work on one. In the 70s a good neighborhood buddy had a mild dragster and I did prep and tuning tasks on it before we took it to the strip every couple of weeks. He was the chief maintenance/mechanic guy for the city fire department and they ran a bunch of DDs on the pumper and ladder trucks at the time - some folks made hard knocks on those engines, but he liked the design and praised their performance. I did get to drive a few when we went to that shop on weekends for his overtime work - unique feel to that engine - and it was fun driving the fire equipment around the block doing checks. Many years later I bought my own fire truck - bright yellow Chev C80 piumper with a 2500 gallon SS tank - but the engine was a gasser - the 478 ci GM V6. Nice to chat.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should pull up to a few concert venues along the way.
Urban ones just to screw with people's heads..
It really does look like what rock stars used to ride around in...

Tell em its a private concert by Taylor what's her face for the Soros team....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.