Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KFWA; 08/11/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Judging from the video clips of the homeless 'problem' invading the news cycle for the last 5 years, I'd say camping gear is not too expensive.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Delete

Last edited by MM879; 08/11/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend of mine lived in Taiwan for 20 years. His wife is Taiwanese. His 1st experience at camping was there and he has plenty to say about it. Their campgrounds are packed to the point that tents barely give you enough room to get between them. They have lots of power outlets so extension cords are a trip hazard as nobody leaves anything at home. Still, he got the bug and since coming back to the states he's got into real camping big time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The term WP is steeped in racism.

When you say it... you are immediately on your heels.

"Mr T" said in an interview years ago that is why he changed his name to MISTER T... so the first word out of any white man's mouth would be mister and the white man would immediately be subordinate or at best equal.

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/11/20. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I received a second hand letter from my old College of architecture apologizing profusely for not having a 50% black architecture student and teacher student body.

Fughing embarrassment... fughing morons.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
During a period in my thirties when I was single, I dated a Jewish girl. She had never been camping and said Jews don't go camping. I asked what they do and she said "We stay in hotels". I did take her camping - once. We encountered a late spring ice storm. The relationship didn't last much after that. I believe I can say that being with me even briefly was culturally enlightening for her. Contemplate a pair of boots and Hawken rifle by a JAP's bedside, but that's another story.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Now they'll set fires to the National Parks because they're racist. F'n idiots!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
what many people call camping is hook up their huge trailer with TV,refrigerator,controlled heat or air conditioning, beds and all the rest of the household things needed,myself i also have one, but i don`t consider this camping . i grew up with tents,some food to cook on a open wood fire, and bugs too, my son still camps that way some.my grandkids have know ideal about that type of camping is,but when they get a little older i will take them down the river on a few trips ,eat what we catch or maybe a MRE . i never ever considered it a white man`s privilege , when i was young we went north of Flin Flon,Manitoba about a 100 miles, that the two of us took a train to a Cree indian village then portage about 15 - 20 miles " not sure " . we had 2 Cree indians as friends/guides that went with Robert and Walter so we camped on a island in a old tent ate fish ,ducks for 2 1/2 weeks cooked on a wood fire every day ,had a ice shed with saw dust covered ice to store extra fish.the island was on the border of Manitoba and Saskatchewan the walleye fish`in was fantastic too,i was 21 years of age a real experience for me and David never camped that deep in the wild before, we did have a shotgun and a 30-30 lever for bear protection and to hunt with if we wanted too hunt some. when we got back to the village the Cree after those 2 1/2 weeks the Cree natives had a celebration for us with fresh caribou ,moose and they made alcohol drink called moose milk ,its made with potatoes,yeast,sugar,frozen fruit water in a plastic bag sealed and in a garbage can for a week. there might be more ingredients and also this drink is cooked up before it goes in the bag too. this moose milk drink taste awful but it does get you drunk ! > but camping to me is out in the wild is real camping rather in a tent or open air , not in a trailer hooked up too sewer , electric and water, i the old days i never took a magazine behind a tree to take a crap , some trips toilet paper was a luxury 50 years ago . white man privilege well i had some wonderful trips with some Native Americans i call my friends , i never thought anything different .

Last edited by pete53; 08/11/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If money is an issue, I'd be happy to donate to a crowdfunding campaign that provides for free one-way transportation and some basic "bush supplies" for Colored campers seeking to experience the great African outdoors. I bet several billion dollars could be collected in a matter of a few weeks for such a worthy cause.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
On the flip side of my experience camping with the Jewish princess, I also dated a woman who had grown up poor.

She had no use for camping, said she lived like that as a child because she had to, and didn't see any fun in it. Understandable.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aliens are above privilege. They are the overseers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Paul39
During a period in my thirties when I was single, I dated a Jewish girl. She had never been camping and said Jews don't go camping. I asked what they do and she said "We stay in hotels". I did take her camping - once. We encountered a late spring ice storm. The relationship didn't last much after that. I believe I can say that being with me even briefly was culturally enlightening for her. Contemplate a pair of boots and Hawken rifle by a JAP's bedside, but that's another story.

Paul

Jews don't camp, and Jews don't hunt...except apparently Remsen.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I went camping one time with the 864th Engr Bn. (Const), for several months. Took me about 15 years to get back into it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Paul39

Paul

Jews don't camp, and Jews don't hunt...except apparently Remsen.

Jews in eastern urban areas, sure that is true. Known enough. Urban creatures, through & through. Beyond the city limits, where trees grow dense enough to block line of sight, there be dragons, devils, and lower class white men not afraid to walk the land.

Also knew a few from the south who had some affinity for the outdoors and not so relentlessly urban who did appreciate the outdoors' pursuits, to include hunting & fishing. So, they occur, NAJALT, and all that, for what its worth.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
If money is an issue, I'd be happy to donate to a crowdfunding campaign that provides for free one-way transportation and some basic "bush supplies" for Colored campers seeking to experience the great African outdoors. I bet several billion dollars could be collected in a matter of a few weeks for such a worthy cause.

> i am with you on that donation ! where`s the can ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i fondly remember 30 years ago when I'd taking my wife camping on the Pearl River. We'd put in and go up river and not see anyone for days. We'd set lines and fish with spinning reels and just have fun.
The records say that Mississippi is no hotter now than then, but I swear it is..... or at least it feels hotter.
Plus, dragging a john boat, motor, fuel, ice chests, tent, and gear down the bank when putting in and then pulling it back up 2-3 days later with chests filled with catfish is not easy anymore. I think everything weighs more now.

Just too hard. Plus too busy. That will change in a couple of years though. At least the too busy part.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
as said earlier, homeless people don't seem to have much trouble finding affordable camping gear.

ts a horseshit premise just drummed up by some LA Times reporter

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went camping in the DeSoto N Forest with a tarp, some 550 cord, and some 1" lengths of PVC.

'Camped out" plenty of times in .mil using only my poncho.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have the money, there's no end to the high tech stuff that's 'required' for camping. You 'need' a silnylon tent, a 1 lb goosedown bag, titanium cookware, and a sleeping pad so light that you need to use rocks to keep it from floating away. Look at REI and other sites to see what's 'required'.
Then get real about it. Most of us don't need to spend a couple thousand to go camping. Anyone likely has all they need at home already. You just need a way to move all the weight to a spot in the forest.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 67 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.