Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
OP Online Content
D
Edited for legal clairity

The first gun I ever bought as a kid was a Remington 582. About 40 years ago while I was visiting my grandparents someone decided they wanted it more than I did and stole it out of my car. I have always missed owning that gun and over the last few years have been trying to find one to replace it. I have found that they are few and far between. I have located one for sale in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area but the owner will only sell to a local buyer (I am now in Alaska). I am trying to find someone that will purchase the rifle and ship it from a local FFL to my local FFL. If you are in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area and would be willing to facilitate this transaction for me please let me know what you would want in exchange for your service. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by Deadeye59; 08/12/20. Reason: For legal clarity
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You need to get an FFL involved...it must transfer through a dealer for an out of state sale.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Question 21.a on the 4473...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can’t believe nobody has volunteered to become a felon yet😂

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Idiot

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
technically, i think you need two FFL holders, one on each end

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'm sure you're a great guy, but from a legal perspective what you're asking is highly sketch.
I'd just ask the seller to name 2-3 local pawn shops close buy, then call them on the phone and make arrangements for the seller to drop it off.
IME often times pawn shops are more eager to make a buck than gun shops and can be less snooty/easier to work with.
If the seller won't do that, it might be a stolen gun, or he can't legally own it anyway.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Deadeye,
Make the seller an offer that is compelling in terms of price for them to ship it FFL to FFL for you. You’re not going to get any members here to get involved in what I think you might not realize is called a “straw purchase.” Look that phrase up and learn.

If you do realize what you’re asking and don’t care then piss off.

Fear the crabcat.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Wesley2

How would you be a felon, if you bought said rifle, then he bought it off you and you shipped from a ffl to his ffl. Explain that one for me. Remember he wants it shipped to his FFL so he's doing a background check.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Says the man who ships ammo through the Post Office.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Deadeye,
Make the seller an offer that is compelling in terms of price for them to ship it FFL to FFL for you. You’re not going to get any members here to get involved in what I think you might not realize is called a “straw purchase.” Look that phrase up and learn.

If you do realize what you’re asking and don’t care then piss off.

Think you need to read up on straw purchase. Hes going through a FFL to receive the rifle, meaning paper work and background check

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Says the man who ships ammo through the Post Office.

Hell yeah, you can't do that?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58

How would you be a felon, if you bought said rifle, then he bought it off you and you shipped from a ffl to his ffl. Explain that one for me. Remember he wants it shipped to his FFL so he's doing a background check.

Exactly! How is this illegal?

People sell guns on this site all the time. As long as the guy who buys it ships it to an FFL in AK, what's the issue? Doesn't even have to be FFL to FFL.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by CJC73
Originally Posted by gemby58

Exactly! How is this illegal?

People sell guns on this site all the time. As long as the guy who buys it ships it to an FFL in AK, what's the issue? Doesn't even have to be FFL to FFL.

BINGO

Where's bricktop when you need him

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JAC43
Question 21.a on the 4473...

You can legally do what he asks as long as the rifle ships to an FFL in AK and HE fills out a form 4473 on it as part of the transfer process. As long as the OP can pass the background check on his end when he picks the rifle up from his transfer agent there is no straw purchase. If he can't then the transfer agent in AK gets a free rifle to sell as I wouldn't refund the money or pay to have it shipped back to me. However, asking someone to ship directly to him or his FFL is the wrong way to word it in the original post.

The best bet for the OP would be he pays a premium to have the guy who is selling the rifle deliver it to a local FFL and pay to have them ship it if he wants the rifle that badly. If I lived in the area I'd sure as charge extra for my time and efforts to go buy a rifle, package it, insure, and ship it to the OP's FFL so he could do the form 4473 on it. There are two on Gunbroker.com right now and both of the seller ship to AK. I'd buy the one for $219 buy it now with $20 ground shipping from TN even though it needs some cleaning up as it looks a little worn.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
isn't it illegal to buy a gun for sole purpose of selling it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
time for popcorn!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by taylorce1
[quote=JAC43]Question 21.a on the 4473...

You can legally do what he asks as long as the rifle ships to an FFL in AK and HE fills out a form 4473 on it as part of the transfer process. As long as the OP can pass the background check on his end when he picks the rifle up from his transfer agent there is no straw purchase. If he can't then the transfer agent in AK gets a free rifle to sell as I wouldn't refund the money or pay to have it shipped back to me. However, asking someone to ship directly to him or his FFL is the wrong way to word it in the original post.

The best bet for the OP would be he pays a premium to have the guy who is selling the rifle deliver it to a local FFL and pay to have them ship it if he wants the rifle that badly. If I lived in the area I'd sure as charge extra for my time and efforts to go buy a rifle, package it, insure, and ship it to the OP's FFL so he could do the form 4473 on it. There are two on Gunbroker.com right now and both of the seller ship to AK. I'd buy the one for $219 buy it now with $20 ground shipping from TN even though it needs some cleaning up as it looks a little worn.
[/quote

OP stated shipped to his FFL

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by taylorce1
[quote=JAC43]Question 21.a on the 4473...

[/quote

OP stated shipped to his FFL

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by persiandog
isn't it illegal to buy a gun for sole purpose of selling it?

Don't gun dealers do that for a living

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.