L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/chica...-sick-kids-inside/?utm_source=reddit.com

August 13, 2020 | 7:29am

Sick kids and their families cowered in fear inside a Chicago Ronald McDonald House as looters smashed the front door while trying to get inside this week, according to staff.

The charity says more than 30 families, as well as some sick children with them, were left “frightened” by those who smashed windows as they ransacked the Windy City during Monday’s chaotic crime spree.

“[They were] very concerned there was a lot of activity right in front of the house, people making choices that could put them at risk and put our families at risk, so the staff was frightened,” Ronald McDonald House Charities’ Lisa Mitchell told ABC7.

The attacked site houses families so they and their children can be close to Lurie Children’s Hospital, which should be an easy and safe trip just five blocks away.

“They are already in a really, really difficult spot, and having this kind of additional stress and worry about getting to and from the hospital … because of safety concerns is just doubling the strain,” Mitchell said.

Several windows were smashed and the front door had to be boarded up, but nobody was injured, the charity said.

Mitchell told CBS Chicago that it was vital that families “get the rest they need while they have a child in the hospital seeking care.”

“So it’s so important that anything that might be going on outside, we maintain our care for families,” she stressed.

Chicago locals fight off protesters and shut down BLM rally to prevent looting
At least 13 cops were injured in violent clashes with looters, with 100 arrests. It started amid reports that a teen had been shot by cops, although police later said it was a 20-year-old man who had first fired at officers as he fled arrest.

Ariel Atkins, a Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer, cheered the looting, calling it a “reparation.”

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Lennie
https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/chica...-sick-kids-inside/?utm_source=reddit.com

August 13, 2020 | 7:29am

Ariel Atkins, a Chicago Black Lives Matter organizer, cheered the looting, calling it a “reparation.”

This comment shows what the BLM and riots are all about.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The time for shooting looters has long passed !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I had a daughter at St Jude’s

I’d wreak havoc on that crowd

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 08/13/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Come and get some reparations, rioters- - - - -I'm paying in hard currency- - - -12 gauge lead slugs one ounce at a time! You're welcome to all you can carry!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever happened to the "YOU LOOT WE SHOOT" signs that were around in various natural disasters of the past? Like after hurricane Katrina and during the Rodney King riots. That stuff ain't looting, anyway....... It's a terrorist attack on innocent people and should be dealt with as such.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sick Rabid animals that need to be put down.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from recoilweb.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nah. The demographic of the looters allows for a perpetual get out of jail free card. Nothing to see here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A situation where a guy who knows how to properly use a bump stock could do some good

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 1911a1
A situation where a guy who knows how to properly use a bump stock could do some good

Nah

Select targets and make shots count.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's a comin

The way life should be.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You guys misunderstand. This whole thing was a misunderstanding. Someone who could read enough to read "Ronald McDonald" tried to order some food from the staff, and it didn't work out, then there were claims of racism, then rioting.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Come and get some reparations, rioters- - - - -I'm paying in hard currency- - - -12 gauge lead slugs one ounce at a time! You're welcome to all you can carry!

Dude, don’t discriminate by picking one. Buckshot is an equal opportunity hammer.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I used to think about what we could do to solve racial inequality. Now I think of what we could do to get rid of them. Constitutional amendments can be repealed, you know.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Wow that story was in the New York Post. How did that get past the censors?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I used to think about what we could do to solve racial inequality. Now I think of what we could do to get rid of them. Constitutional amendments can be repealed, you know.

It's as if you read my mind. My thoughts exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
You guys misunderstand. This whole thing was a misunderstanding. Someone who could read enough to read "Ronald McDonald" tried to order some food from the staff, and it didn't work out, then there were claims of racism, then rioting.

All they could read was the golden arches.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
BLM= Burning, Looting, Mayhem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw the title and first thought,

I hope that the McDonald house doesn't forbid weapons upon entry. Only the parents who are in charge of their children's safety would heed the sign and leave them behind unfortunately.

Then after reading the article, I see that it's Chicago.
The parents who dare to disobey City authority by having the means to protect the innocent would be imprisoned in rape rooms for many years, leaving their families with no protection, nor provisions.
This reminds me that there's accomplices that aid and abet the street criminals.....
https://offgridsurvival.com/mayor-of-chicago-threatens-to-arrest-and-jail-citizens/

Note that she doesn't enforce this on rioters not social distancing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 68 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,655
Posts18,455,579
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.